Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which van?

Options
  • 11-11-2005 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I'm soon to be getting rid of my car(Next week) to get a van for work purposes. I'm looking to get a Caddy/Berlingo/Partner/Inca etc. size van. Have ye any opinion's on any of these and reccomdenatoins on which I should get.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

dogg_r_69 wrote:
    I'm soon to be getting rid of my car(Next week) to get a van for work purposes. I'm looking to get a Caddy/Berlingo/Partner/Inca etc. size van. Have ye any opinion's on any of these and reccomdenatoins on which I should get.
    Thanks in advance.

I had a partner but moved up to expert, happy with both. You can get expert with 2.0 HDI engine which is no slouch (especially if you chip it )

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Id go for the Caddy myself - are you buying new or used?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Id go for the Caddy myself - are you buying new or used?:)

I think I'll go for a 03-04 or that way depending on I see when I go looking tomorrow I was talking to a fella in a garage this evening he was reckonmending the straight 1.9 berlingo Says it's more relaible than the hdi but I never heard too many other complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ford Transit Connect

Seven Worlds will Collide

I see - its just I have a red Caddy 2002 1.9Tdi, 28,000 miles for sale if your interested. This is obviously the old model (hence no side sliding doors):)

• Advertisement

I see - its just I have a red Caddy 2002 1.9Tdi, 28,000 miles for sale if your interested. This is obviously the old model (hence no side sliding doors):)

How many €'s you looking for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I have a Citroen Dispatch 2.0 HDI 2004, with only 9K miles, as new, one owner (me) will sell with or with out vat. 15,000 euros inc vat if your interested.

dogg_r_69 wrote:
    How many €'s you looking for it?

€8,500 ;)

I have no direct pics of it but you can see it in the background. It is unmarked and has only recently passed its commercial test - new front tyres fitted. It is fitted with a towbar as well.
    It has been a privately owned vehicle since new - I am the second owner and have really only used it as a second car with the odd bit of towing my classic cars about the place on my transporter.:rolleyes:

IMAG0037.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Stay clear of the Berlingo or the partner and you cant go wrong.Steaming piles of Horse****e.

ibanez wrote:
    Stay clear of the Berlingo or the partner and you cant go wrong.Steaming piles of Horse****e.
    Why do you say this? I've a few friends with both vans and are pretty happy with them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pukis

peugeot & citroen in these van's have nice working suspensions, but a cheapest exploitation is vw anyway (seat too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

And for something completley different

1.8 vvc,160bhp,€10,500 huge :D for the yo yo's;)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

dogg_r_69 wrote:
    Why do you say this? I've a few friends with both vans and are pretty happy with them
    I know a few people with them as well the problems are the usual with peugot diesel engines Head gasket failure,C.V joint failure,Engine mounts giving away,Door locks sticking and just terrible build quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

Caddy 1.9 TDI!! It has enough horsepower and it looks good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

We have a '01 and '05 VW Caddy.
    If you choose a Caddy then pick the new model if you can.
    Both are quick of the mark on the road, no problem there. I find the '01 doesn't hold the road as well as the '05.
    Plus the '05 is more comfortable on a long journey. The side door is an advantage when parked in tight spaces.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Are the Caddy and Inca vans not practically the same thing? Apart from the badge of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ya i think so. Well it was with the older model alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Is there a new Inca?

Thanks for the opinion's Haven't decided what I want yet More thinking to do this week I suppose

byte wrote:
    Are the Caddy and Inca vans not practically the same thing? Apart from the badge of course!

A lot (if not all??) Inca vans have the SDi engine - ie not turbo charged.
    Also I think some of them don't have the solid rear axle - hence have lower weight/towing capacity.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

You haven't mentioned it but I thnik it is in the same class

My Dad has a Opel Corsa van, it is his second one, he had an 02 one and this one is an 05, both were new and he clocks up a lot of milage and hasn't had a single problem with either one

You haven't mentioned it but I thnik it is in the same class

My Dad has a Opel Corsa van, it is his second one, he had an 02 one and this one is an 05, both were new and he clocks up a lot of milage and hasn't had a single problem with either one

The Corsa I think would be too small for my needs Wouldn't fit all the tool and my Dewalt chop saw whick takes up a pile of space. I think I need something a bit bigger than them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I had the new caddy for 4 months a while ago and really liked it, plenty of mid-range poke, and very high mpg. I'd recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

dogg_r_69 wrote:
    The Corsa I think would be too small for my needs Wouldn't fit all the tool and my Dewalt chop saw whick takes up a pile of space. I think I need something a bit bigger than them

No worries, I just mentioned it as noone else had

Thought it was the same size as the Caddy, Inca mentioned earlier but I know nothing about these things so probably worng on that.

No worries, I just mentioned it as noone else had
    It was a thought. Was talking to a friend over the weekend, gone from my thoughts of a 03/04 van to a new van Really thinking of the Transit connect now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Have you considered a crewcab? I've had a '02 Kia Sedona Combi since new; came with a 3 year warranty which Kia lived up to.
    2.9TD, comfortable to drive. Has 3 seats in the back row, which they moved forward to make the cargo space bigger, so reduced legroom. I'm 6'5", and can drive it very comfortably. We took out the centre seat, so back passengers have a bit more space, plus the other 2 seats clip out so we can turn it into a second cargo space. Back well fitted out, with sliding doors to storage space on both sides. Lockbox under the passenger seat. Comes with aircon, lecce windows and mirrors and, at least when we bought it, reduced VRT.

Advertisement