Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's Angie

Options
  • 11-11-2005 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭

Well, Germany has finally agreed on a government and will have it's first woman chancellor. I remain to be convinced they are going to go far enough to turn the most productive nation in the world into a thriving one.

BBC News

I sincerely hope we see some improvements. There's only so long the EU can trudge on with a poorly performing Germany.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well its taken two months to sort a government so it does'nt bode well for decisive action to reform the economy and Germanys own sense of self (which I think is'nt what it used to be).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

It won't work in my opinion. All that will happen is the CDU will crash and burn next election because the social democrats wouldn't let them do anything, then the social democrats will just go into coalition with the greens and the left party (despite what they say), leaving the liberals as the only effective opposition.
    But thats just just my opinion.

Advertisement