Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ClearWire in ****e tonight?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 timlopez

http://www.clearwiresucks.com

Post your experences with clearwire and let everyone know what they do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Almost 5 weeks after canceling my account with them,

Recieved a email today , that they have taken money out of my account useless ****s - just after sending them a email from hell about that.

I haven't even got there poxy modem sent that back to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Did Clear****e go down for anyone else last night..and I don't mean in a good way :-)

Tried using it about half eleven on the Bray mast and could not get a signal.
    I wonder was this just the weather as it was pretty bad then but it was fine earlier in the evening and I have never been affected by the weather before.

got a email back off them today,

Everything has been sorted and money will be put back in my account.

Idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Are clearwire blocking ports again?

Cant log into WoW.......

• Advertisement

Gaming hasnt worked for me since Dec 21st...ring them up and ball them out a bit. They may offer you a pressie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sisyphus

Man, Clearwire are getting a real hammering on here at the moment! They're taking over IBB's role as the most hated ISP!!
    It's a shame, as they have huge potential. I still have my modem, and 20% of the time it works well, the other 80% it's abismal! From ping response times to my gateway of 20 ms - 3500 ms, to ports being shaped, to lack of customer support, it really looks pretty bad for them at the moment.
    I'm gonna stick with them however for the time being, as I'm a firm believer in wireless technology, and can appreciate that they are still only a relatively new company with new and experimental echnology (WiMaX is still far from a fully standardised and stable technology). That, and the fact that it's my only real option at present!

Let's hope they sort things out pretty soon......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sglen05

will someone breifly tell me how to use this sight!
    my head's f*c*in melted, whats a thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jellycopter

I've got my hands on a clearwire modem. I'm new to the whole broadband game, so how can I test this baby out? What are the best sites to go to and what would be classed as an accecptable ping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Hey folks new to the board, and I went through this thread lamentably after I purchased the Clearwire service, I got the modem and tuesday and hooked it up later that night, I subscribed to the 2mb service and was eager to give it a go, to my suprise I only got a link speed of 512kbps ish....

In the morning times I can get up to a 1.2 maybe at the most 1.3mb connection, however tonight was the limit, the speed went down to 30kbps however my upload speed was 415kbps.

I am in the Thomas Street area and I have a good signal, 3 bars, do I cut my losses and cancel clearwire or do I stay the course and hope it gets better ? That is the question for the moment I can handle the drops in speed as I will be mostly surfing, do you folks think the service will improve or decline slowly ?

Take it easy and be back soon, I hope.

***** Update 8.30 Friday Morning tested again and got 2.0mbps connection and ping times of about 35ms to www.boards.ie. So lets see if this will be the same tonight.

• Advertisement

***** Update 8.30 Friday Morning tested again and got 2.0mbps connection and ping times of about 35ms to www.boards.ie. So lets see if this will be the same tonight.

To be honest this is the kind of service I get constantly from them...excellent download speeds and excellent pings form the command prompt.
    However, once you gon into a game, you are screwed.

It is great for browsing or normal downloads but useless for anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

do I cut my losses and cancel clearwire or do I stay the course and hope it gets better ? That is the question for the moment I can handle the drops in speed as I will be mostly surfing, do you folks think the service will improve or decline slowly ?

Cancel. Why should you pay over the odds (more than DSL!) for a crippled, shoddy service? Why should you pay the full price while they cobble together their excuse for a network?

Get out while you still can (I think you have one month to cancel).

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

i've been with them since september and i haven't seen one thing improve. it's just degraded now to the point that I can surf maybe 2-3 nites a week. At this point I don't give a flying ****! DSL on it's way sometime in the next two weeks :rolleyes:, then DD cancelled and Modem being flung in the bin, they want it back they can come search my trash.

Cut your losses, clearwire are a joke. Have a look at what's happened on this thread and compare it to the more well established clearwire in the states. In the states they happily close down any traffic they see as eating up there supposed bandwidth ranging from P2P down to streaming media. Does that ring a bell? The company is just being brought into line with the US version and of course is being run by an army of pigeons who got their networking credentials off of the back of a packet of Rice Krispies!

I Got rid of clearshlte, i have had nothing but problems with it.

Canceled my subscription and sent the modem back to them they can keep it, sick of paying for a service that does not work and why should i...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Well response times went the way of the pear tonight again, I have have enough, cancelling on monday and the modem is going back.

Great idea, poorly executed, I think i will wait until I can a decent broadband connection here.

Laters....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah - its crap on IBB too - I think the Internet is broken this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

ive just about had enough of Clearwire too, i dont just want to browse, i want to be able to do other things but i am hindered by them messing around with their network, i loved this product and service for the 1st week or two then they started messing around blocking ports and throttling and ever since then it hasnt been the same. I have never contacted them, but am thinking of going the way you guys are. Question for you's though is, ive just been invoiced my 1st bill, how do you get out of this contract as i have no experience. I have been with eircom before, but saw out the year long contract on both occassions.

Cheers,
    looper

Just got a mail off them telling me about their offer of €1 for a month if you refer a friend to the service....ha ha ha ha.

Why on earth would I refer a friend to a crap service like this as it is now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ludo wrote:
    Just got a mail off them telling me about their offer of €1 for a month if you refer a friend to the service....ha ha ha ha.

Why on earth would I refer a friend to a crap service like this as it is now.

Someone you have grown tired of perhaps?:rolleyes:

Ludo wrote:

Oh..they're charging now? It used to be you got one month FREE when you refer a friend. Ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

What's clearwire's sendmail server?

Anyone tried contacting Clear****e support this morning? All calls seem to be going to the overflow centre for some reason.

Maybe their employee's have all walked out. Can't say i'd blame them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

rd wrote:
    Staff walkouts

Is this a confirmed?

Yeah wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

i think he's only kiddin' but wouldn't surprise me, the network has gone really downhill this week for me(sure a few others too).

So maybe the staff are a little pissed off fobbing off users...

I just went onto Steam Half Life 2 : Capture the Flag. Now on this has been messed up on Clearwire for quite some time now, but I tried about 5 Euro servers and I was getting respectable pings. In between 50 and 60. Fully playable, although I was the only one on server.

It gives me hope.

Ludo, how is your CSS at the moment?

Looks hopeful alright. I am at work at the moment so can't check myself and haven't tried using it since Monday. Will check it out tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Clearwire are a joke! Ive been getting ridiculous speeds since I came back up to dublin after christmas. It looks like they've blocked torrents now! and its not my pc, my mate on clearwire can't open torrents either. I thought the service was great at the start, was getting decent P2P and surfing speeds, now its just abysmal!

Whats the story in cancelling the contract? Do people actually pay the early cancellation fee? Bo!!ox i'm not paying them a cent, they failed to delivery a quality service to me, why should I pay them anything

• Advertisement

P2P will probably die on Clearwire.

And before you cancel, have a look over the terms and conditions that you signed up to. They are well within their rights to block P2P if it has a hugely negative impact on THEIR network.

Having sad that, they might not charge you a disconnect fee, as they ae actually a nice bunch of people.

Advertisement