Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ClearWire in ****e tonight?!

1141516171820»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

eth0_ wrote:
    I just want people to be perfectly clear that Clearwire is *not* broadband and to stay away from the service.

Here here, got it at the beginning of the month and I m calling tommorrow to cancel, i only found out about the p2p after getting it and said i d give it ago. But the download speeds are wooful at best and there is literally no customer service, emailed and called but no reply.
    My question is will they try and get the 12 months money out of me or just drop it?
    Are they a nightmare to get rid of?:(

Just noticed they havent taken any money, do they do it at the end of the month or beginning

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Blaster99 wrote:
    Is your employer perfect? You sound like somebody with a union mindset, so I'm guessing semi-state? That would perhaps answer the question.............................

Talking of mindset you have a most peculiar one apparently:rolleyes:

To suggest that for a business to offer the best possible service would be in its own interest seems perfectly logical to me.................how anyone could confuse that with a 'union mindset' is absolutely baffling.

It is a no brainer that if Clearwire provided the service they advertise and had good customer relations/service this thread would not exist and they would have better publicity and far more (happy) customers.

David Begg is my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

rd wrote:
    Hi Dub45

Just a quick question is the staff turnover high in Clearwire? I was thinking of applying for a job (in accounts).

Roisin

hi Roisin unfortunately I cannot answer your question as I do not have anything to do with Clearwire mercifully - I think the person who might be able to answer your question is dise83 who outed himself/herself as an ex Clearwire employee.

However due to the speed with which dise83's posts appear to be self destructing in this thread he/she may have left the building and be disavowing all knowledge of Cleawire and its actions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Hoodle wrote:
    Sent an email to Clearwire today listing the reasons for cancelling my contract, and asking for an address to send the modem to.

And yes, I cancelled the Direct Debit ;)
    Hey Hoodle, how did you go about his and what happened?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Hey Hoodle, how did you go about his and what happened?

Yeah, whats happening?

Im on the verge of sending this POS modem back.
    I give up on the support. All I am ever told is ill get a call back when an engineer has a look.
    still in a world of cr@p with these jokers :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sisyphus

The service had actually been working quite well for me for the last 2-3 weeks or so, but ever since last night it has been dire!! 30-40% packet loss, with download speeds of 1-3 kbps.

Something seriously wrong on one of their links at the moment methinks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sisyphus

The service had actually been working quite well for me for the last 2-3 weeks or so, but ever since last night it has been dire!! 30-40% packet loss, with download speeds of 1-3 kbps.

Something seriously wrong on one of their links at the moment methinks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

are these jokers blocking ports again? Cant get into wow. Cant connect to news server. I KNOW the servers were down earlier, but all my mates in nordic countryies are back in.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

its been a total ****in sham for us for about 3 weeks now, and when we rang the tech support, they knew sweet **** all. some woman basically said she didnt know what she was talking about, and told me to ring back tomorrow. ya, thats great help there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

After 3/4 years of waiting my phone line FINALLY passes the Eircom broadband suitability test as of yesterday. Well, with a proviso that is a provisional pass. Time to check out something other than Clearwire at last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bruki

Hi lads
    Some of you seem to know a lot about this clearwire thing. well, i don't really.
    I just got my one of them modems and I'm trying to make it work with an ADSL wireless router i had from an earlyer connection.
    There is a way of routing the internal internet traffic in the router to a certain IP, rather than to the ADSL (phone line) plug on the back of the router.
    To set this tunnel i need to know the IP of the clearwire box, but I'm not shure if they only work on dynamic ip or if it is possible to switch dem over to a fixed one.
    If I could put it on fixed, I could tell the router to let all the internet traffic go to this particular IP and it wouldn't change if I power the modem down or anithing like that.
    Am i even being clear here?
    Tanx for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

bruki wrote:
    Am i even being clear here?
    As mud.

An ADSL router only acts as a router for traffic between it's LAN ports and the ADSL port. You can't set it up to act as a router between the LAN ports - it just acts as a switch on the LAN side.

Foxwood wrote:
    As mud.

An ADSL router only acts as a router for traffic between it's LAN ports and the ADSL port. You can't set it up to act as a router between the LAN ports - it just acts as a switch on the LAN side.

Hm, what is this function "Static Routing" then? I pasted a part of the user manual below. It used to be a table but this forum doesn't take tables...

Manual:
    Static Routing

When multiple routers are installed on your network, you will need to configure Static Routing. The static routing function determines the path that data follows over your network before and after it passes through the Gateway. You can use static routing to allow different IP domain users to access the Internet through the Gateway. This is an advanced feature. Please proceed with caution.

To set up static routing, you should add routing entries in the Gateway's table that tell the device where to send all incoming packets. All of your network routers should direct the default route entry to this Gateway.

To create a static route entry:

Select an entry from the drop down list. The Gateway supports up to 20 static route entries.
    Enter the following data for the static route.
    Destination IP Address Enter the network address of the remote local LAN segment. For a standard Class C IP domain, the network address is the first three fields of the Destination LAN IP, while the last field should be zero.
    Subnet Mask Enter the Subnet Mask used on the destination IP domain. For a standard class C IP domain, the Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0.
    Gateway If this Gateway is used to connect your network to the Internet, then your Gateway IP is the Gateway's IP Address. If you have another router (or a clearwire box???) handling your network's Internet connection, enter the IP Address of that router instead.
    Hop Count Enter the Hop Count. This is the number of hops to each node until the destination has been reached.

Click the Save Settings button to save your changes. Click Cancel Changes to cancel your changes.
    To view the current routing table, click the Show Routing Table button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

bruki wrote:
    If you have another router (or a clearwire box???) handling your network's Internet connection, enter the IP Address of that router instead.
    The Clearwire box isn't a router.

What's the make and model of the ADSL router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

An ADSL router can only route BETWEEN WAN and LAN

You need a Router with a ethernet WAN port. Almost all the DSL routers exist in ethernet version routers. see http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10274 any of these with "ethernet" WAN port can be used with any Wireless or cable modem, or ADSL if the ADSL adaptor has a "bridge" mode.

folks...
    I managed to configure my network (clearwire and ADSL router) to make it work. What I did was:
    -Connected Pc directly to clearwire
    -took the DNS server address using ipconfig in the command prompt
    -disconnected
    -switched PC from automatic DNS address configuration to fixed and put in the address i took one step ago
    -connected PC to router
    -connected router to clearwire box
    -restarted PC
    -tested Internet connection, works!!
    I also configured my laptop's wireless connection the same way with the DNS address and it works!!! Even when both connections are on at the same time!!
    Happy days
    Thanx very much lads......... :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

does anyone know if its possible to setup port forwarding using clearwire routers? what steps did you take and recommend a good router for this i have a linksys ADSL router ( it has 4 ethernet ports and a line in ), can this be used or do i need a DSL router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

The Clearwire device is NOT a router. It's just a radio signal transmitter / receiver. You must supply your own router. Any non aDSL router should do, once it has a RJ45 network WAN port in the back. This is where your clearwire box plugs in.

Now, that sorts out that confusion, you should be able to answer all of the questions you asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

jon1981 wrote:
    does anyone know if its possible to setup port forwarding using clearwire routers? what steps did you take and recommend a good router for this i have a linksys ADSL router ( it has 4 ethernet ports and a line in ), can this be used or do i need a DSL router?

Good luck with that. My - bad - experience with Clearwire was that they blocked all ports except the common ones, i.e. - http, https, ftp, smtp,pop. When they adopted this stance VNC, Skype, Torrents and P2P and even sites using non-standard ports for http like :8080 and many other services just stopped working overnight.

I doubt they've changed much but I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

ZENER wrote:
    Good luck with that. My - bad - experience with Clearwire was that they blocked all ports except the common ones, i.e. - http, https, ftp, smtp,pop.

I've found that too, but apparently they'll open ports on request. I'm going to check that out soon, as I've been forced to change a work server to a standard port so I can log in from home, and I'd rather not...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 florbic

Hello

I'm new to this forum and I got clearwire recently ( unfortunately, I didn't know this forum before coz I don't know, regrding your answers, if I made the best choice :confused: ).
    Anyway, It's working "fine" on my laptop to browse webpage but I'm trying to connect my xbox360 to xbox live and I have a DNS problem :( .
    I would to know if xbox live is working with clearwire ( they seemed to block loads of things ) and if someone had the same problem as me, what to do?

Thank you very much for your replies ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

joe buddy wrote: »
    Hi,
    You can do ping test of an Ip or Domain using cmd prompt or using free online sites like.I usually do ping test in this site Whoisxy.com.They are reliable and accurate.So I recommend you to visit the site for more details....

you do realize that the post you answered is more than 7 years old? :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

N64 wrote: »
    you do realize that the post you answered is more than 7 years old? :D

Their only two posts are about the same site!

Advertisement