Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People for mod?

• 12-11-2005 12:57am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This forum will obviously need a mod or two to make sure it runs well so post who you want and we'll have a poll in a week or so. My vote goes to Sei046 cos he suggested this forum and Doctor J cos he has both recording knowledge and modding experience.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Doctor J
    seconded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Ta Fey, but I think I've got enough forums already to keep me occupied and useful in, unless someone wants to assume modship of Music Reviews?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Basquille seems to know his stuff and seems to be level headed enough as well. I think this forum would be more your strong suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm interested

You just don't know when to stop, do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I also think DocJ would be more suited to hear than music reviews (which seems to be dead anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

+1 for DocJ. He has the experience needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Well thanks everyone for your trust :v:

I still stand by what I said though, I don't want to take on any extra mod stuff without one of the other forums being looked after first. I wouldn't want to take this on without being able to dedicate an appropriate amount of time to it.

So, any volunteers for Music Reviews? It needs a kick start alright... and it's still down to the admins anyway.

TBH, pm basquille about it. He wrote the Charter over there, he obviously has an interest.

I'll do it if Basquille doesn't want it. But as Fey says he's already shown an interest so put him first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Doctor J wrote:
    and it's still down to the admins anyway.
    Post up your final choices for mods on the mod board and we'll get you guys sorted out. You guys know better than us and the admins as to who is best suited for these areas afaik, and if anyone has a problem with the choices it'll be shown on thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

I'm interested

Aren't you the guy who just posts "...........interesting...." to 10 threads in a row?

Edit: I cast my vote for Doctor J and sei046...if one can't, or more mods are needed, then I vote for John2. And if we need to....Storm the Basquille!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

how about making sure that the forum isn't just a waste of space before deciding who's mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

LundiMardi wrote:
    how about making sure that the forum isn't just a waste of space before deciding who's mod?

Waste of space?? <ack><sob> Dreamstealer! How could it not succeed? :rolleyes:
    We just need to work out the mechanics. :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Well this forum is something i would be mad into becuase i live in the studio but i think there are a few guys like Doctor J and Fey who i would love to have alongside with me as they seemed to really get the idea. That said i know there are some more guys like that like Rustar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

like what?

lads like yourself who are gonna actually be involved in this idea. In fairness its not somethin like the instruments where you can talk about anything instrument related. Its pretty specific so we need peope who can sorta get the idea i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

I vote for sei042 and Doctor J, John 2 or Basquille could mod mudic reviews.
    sei042 deserves it causethis was his idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i vote for myself cause i've been a member of this site for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i'd go wit sei cos its his baby and maybe lundimardi or john2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

does 4 years of using boards.ie count for nothing?!

vote ferdi ftw!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I vote for Doc aswell because his hair is fluffy, no so much his vast knowlege of everything musical related :]

Gordon my old treacle! PM ME! Long time no see!

when are they actually fixin up the mods anyway? any word no?

jcoote wrote:
    i'd go wit sei cos its his baby and maybe lundimardi or john2

I'd be the worst person for this forum to be honest. I've little to no knowledge of recording unless by home recording you mean using the VCR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

ok not john 2 then

lol. thats that decided!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

JCoote for teh win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭sportswear

i would vote ferdi cos hes mad into all that music and recordin anyway and he has the experience on boards.

++ hes not a mod already. I think you need to get more mods in, rather than focus on giving more of a workload to existing mods.

otherwise you just spread a workload, whereas ferdi could spend all his time on moddin this forum, and probably make it deadly, cos if its going to make an impression as a forum its going to need time put into it.

i agree more mods need to come into it but whoever it is is gonna have to put in 100%. its not exactly just a discussion forum so to keep it going will take serious work. The person needs studio experience and be able to coordinate things like projects

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

sei046 wrote:
    i agree more mods need to come into it but whoever it is is gonna have to put in 100%. its not exactly just a discussion forum so to keep it going will take serious work. The person needs studio experience and be able to coordinate things like projects

Eoin Madsen, if he's interested.

Advertisement