Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SP2 won't uninstall

• 12-11-2005 4:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Hallo

Recently been installing SP2 on my pc's but on one of them (XP Pro, 1gb RAM, Athlon 2.2), after installing SP2 from Windows Update, I was getting bluescreened and the PC would reboot. It was just a standard error, telling me to check what software/hardware Ive installed recently etc. I tried to uninstall it from Safe Mode from the Add/Remove programs in the control panel but Im getting the following error: "The system cannt find the file specified" and then "SP2 was not uninstall".

Tried a quick google but didnt really see anything which helped. The strange thing is that I installed SP2 onto a different hard drive in the same PC (not using them both at the same time, took one out and put the other in etc.) and it works flawlessly. Not a blue screen to be found!

Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Could be a messed up Windows instillation on that HDD?

Also did you try installing SP2 again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

No I havent tried reinstalling but you're probably right about the dodgy installation. It's about time for a format anyway. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Could just be a device attached to the machine(?) that needs an updated driver... meh. I've found it easier in the long run if you just Format,Install XP, then Install SP2 straight off. [You may want to make an Image of this config. for future use.. :p ]

Advertisement