Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d Mark scores help

Options
  • 12-11-2005 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me out in seeing why my system is not quite getting the 3d mark 05 scores I would like? I consistantly get between 8100 and 8800 marks.

CPU: AMD fx-57 (not overclocked, but with Coolermaster hyper 6 cooler)
    GPU: xfx 7800gtx (auto overclock)
    Memory: Corsair 2-3-3-6 2.75v (timings set in bios) 2GB
    HD: 74gb Raptor 10,000rpm (SATA Raid 0)
    MB: MSI K8N-Diamond
    Soundcard: SB X-fi fatil1ty.
    PSU: Antec truepower 550w
    Case: Antec p180

Games run great, Its just Ive got this nagging feeling something isnt right when I see people with similar specs get double my 3dmark scores. I dont want to overclock the hell out of it, but I would like to ensure that I am getting the most from my not-unsubstantial investment. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i would have thought those scores are about right for an un-overclocked fx57 and 7800gtx.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

gline wrote:
    i would have thought those scores are about right for an un-overclocked fx57 and 7800gtx.

sorry lads, does Auto-Overclcok make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It gives you a 12% increase in warmth and fuzziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I see people with similar specs get double my 3dmark scores.

Where are you seeing anyone getting 16,200 in 3Dmark05 on a rig similar to yours?

15,000+ is 2 x 7800GTX in SLI plus overclocking territory surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

pH wrote:
    Where are you seeing anyone getting 16,200 in 3Dmark05 on a rig similar to yours?

15,000+ is 2 x 7800GTX in SLI plus overclocking territory surely?

15,000+ would be SERIOUS overclocking on cpu and DEFINITLY SLI (overclocked to bits). There is no way the specs above would be getting near that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

SyxPak wrote:
    It gives you a 12% increase in warmth and fuzziness.

thanks mate, have 6800 Ultra card running at o'cd speed but my RAM and CPU don't seem to like it any more !! so Auto might sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Cheers lads. I just thought I was doing something wrong. I know 16k is definitely not something I want to be doing. I just thought 9k-10k was where I should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Well i only get 4700points with my computer. So your almost 2twice as high as my score. You should be happy i bet all the games play very well on that system.

Advertisement