Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

• 12-11-2005 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm hoping to shoot a short film next weekend and am looking for a location to that in.

The location I want has to be a large enough, preferably empty space with not much light or at least be able to have the light blocked out....completely.(most of this film is set in the pitch blackness). Also If it has a large, heavy preferably metal door that would be fantastic. These could also be two seperate locations (door and room) if anyone knew of a door or room that might suit that didn't neccesssarily have the other.

Anyways if anybody has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Just cover the camera lense.... you'll see about the same! And use some sound effects cd's.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

A warehouse sounds like the ideal spot. Get on the phone and start ringing industrial estates and the like.

Seriously though if you're shooting next weekend and you haven't got a location sorted out yet then I would say that you're *not* shooting next weekend.

Get your location and find out when it's available and then set your dates, not the other way around.

Also - if most of the film is set in complete darkness you'll need to have a heck of a sound designer to keep people's interest. Otherwise you might just as well be writing a radio play.

Advertisement