Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd Dressing Room Bugged Shocker!

• 12-11-2005 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Will Chelski stop at nothing?

from bbc
    Manchester United have launched an investigation into claims that their dressing room was bugged during the Premiership victory over Chelsea.

Audio tapes apparently recorded at Old Trafford were obtained by The Sun, which handed them to the club.

A club statement said: "We have launched our own investigation and if necessary will involve the police."

The tapes apparently contain recordings of pre-match and half-time team talks, plus celebrations after the 1-0 win.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson had been under pressure before the game after United's 4-1 Premiership defeat to Middlesbrough and a 1-0 reverse to Lille in the Champions League.

On the tapes, Ferguson can reportedly be heard giving an inspirational team talk to his players before the game, and then issuing tactical advice at half-time when his side led 1-0.

In the wake of the victory, which ended Chelsea's 40-game unbeaten run, United's players are recorded congratulating each other.

The tapes also feature the players' reactions to Ferguson's post-match interview on television and then Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho's.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Well if The Sun found them...

Case closed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

'Obtained by The Sun' ,they probably planted them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

hmmmmmm..............
    Interesting

I think i could be true

But even do i am a man u man
    I think they could of done that to take the heat away from them???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Big Ears wrote:
    'Obtained by The Sun' ,they probably planted them .
    that's the first thing i thought too, when i heard the news last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

pp_me129 wrote:
    I think i could be true

does that make any sense or is it just me?

Anyway given the well documented links between Chelsea and the russian mafia ( I understand Frank Lamapard was used to intimidate a nighclub owner in siberia just last week) it seems a bit unlikely that they would be so stupid as to let copies of such a tape fall into the hands of the Sun. It would be amazing if it is true as the only pssible beneficiary would be Mourinho and despite how much you all hate the man I'd be amazed if he would jeopordise his own career and credibility by being party to this.

It will probably turn out to be a tape at some Sunday game between 2 U-14 tems somwhere or one created by the Sun which they later prove to be a fake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Wouldnt it be great if Chelsea ended up being deducted points for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Like amn u could of planted them to take the heat away from themselves

all they have to do is blame it on cheski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Not if they didn't do anything .

Oh yes, that would be wonderful. They're better than us so lets cross our fingers that they get points deducted...

If it is true they should be kicked out of the league, but I have a very very strong feeling it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

It is more than likely that it was someone in the sun, or trying to sell it to the sun. Alot has been made of what was going behind the scenes at man u and a tape lke that would get a good price off a tabloid paper.
    I doubt Abramovich had some sneaky Russian to infiltrate the man u dressing room, then again that badsley fella looks suspicious, or should i say bardslonovic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Damn I misread the title I thought it said "Man Utd Dressing Room Buggering Shocker!

I thought Ryan Giggs had partaken in un-natural acts with Ronaldo !!!!

As for the bugging thing the Sun probably did it themselves.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Lmfao, i thought it said buggered aswell. Sick minds think alike ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Now that would have been a story :p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

God the tabloids get worse with every passing week. Do they actually think through these stories before printing them? How the fcuk could any member of the chelsea club get access to the home dressing room? Why would Chelsea be arsed, when they already had a 10 + point lead.
    The sooner people stop reading that trash and put them out of business the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

talla wrote:
    God the tabloids get worse with every passing week. Do they actually think through these stories before printing them? How the fcuk could any member of the chelsea club get access to the home dressing room? Why would Chelsea be arsed, when they already had a 10 + point lead.
    The sooner people stop reading that trash and put them out of business the better.
    the sun wrote:
    The cheeky bugger was part of a gang that eluded scores of police, stewards and security staff to smuggle a radio transmitter into the Red Devils’ dressing room before last Sunday’s crunch clash.

He tuned into the bug’s frequency from a position nearby and eavesdropped on two hours of conversation, which he recorded on two cassettes.

and
    the sun wrote:
    Our investigators were offered the tapes by a middle man — along with further recordings.

He said the gang had already set in motion plans to bug Mourinho and the Chelsea team during their next Premiership match.

Chelsea not mentioned in their online piece, I do believe it was within our very own boards.ie that the "Chelsea done it!" speculation began...

The sooner people stop reading that trash and put them out of business the better...oh wait...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

pp_me129 wrote:
    hmmmmmm..............
    Interesting

I think i could be true

What the **** are you trying to say?

Obviously an employee within the club did this...or people who have access to it...trying to make a quick buck...what I can't understand is why the Sun wouldn't lap it up instead of reporting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

gandalf wrote:
    Damn I misread the title I thought it said "Man Utd Dressing Room Buggering Shocker!

I thought Ryan Giggs had partaken in un-natural acts with Ronaldo !!!!

As for the bugging thing the Sun probably did it themselves.....

That's nearly as unbelievable as the "Arsenal Sign Torres" Thread. Maybe if someone was to contact the Sun with a link to this thread they would run the "Giggs in unnatural act with Ronaldo" story on Monday with relevant quotes from Gandalf.

I dont believe murinho would stoop so low to have anything to do with such a scam, maybe it was a trial run for new tactics for the next battle of old trafford.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

could be true, dunno how theyd be able to get into the Home teams dressing room without being caught tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I bet the sun gave it to man u was to raise thoughts that chelsea were involved
    when they actually know who taped it.
    What would chelsea want with ferguson's team talk, who'd understand him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The Sun is fantastic. Only yesterday, they ran a report claiming that they had a 'source' who said he had seen Terry Venables having a meeting with "four Irish men" in a hotel in Dublin. When he was showed pictures of the lads responsible for trying to find Ireland's latest manager, he did not recognise three of the four but was "fairly sure" one was the chief executive of the FAI. Reason enough to run the story there lads.

They only capped this report by showing their usual "how this would of looked" with Tel's noggin superimposed onto some Google-type image of a dinner meeting.

• Advertisement

A Shut Gate

For the winner of the hitherto non-existent 'Most Disappointing Exclusive Of The Year', look no further than The Sun’s front page this Saturday of 'Man Utd Dressing Room Bugged'.

For once you had looked beyond the front-page headline, there was nothing more to be gleaned. Indeed, the 'full story', covered inside on a double-page spread, failed to present even a single quote.

Inevitably, the ubiquitous suffix of 'gate' is to be found ordained across the spread, but Traffordgate, as dubbed by The Sun, holds not a flicker of comparison to the original Watergate.

The give-away, obvious after the event, was that The Sun had handed over the tapes to ManYoo’s security. Had the tapes contained even a vestige of a scandal then it's fair to assume that the Sun wouldn’t have been so public-spirited. Instead, the tapes merely heard Fergie 'sending his troops out on the pitch - urging them to enjoy themselves. At half-time, [Fergie] can clearly be heard encouraging his players.'

Faced with such tame insights, Wapping sought to focus on to the breach of security, concluding hysterically: 'The scandal will send shock waves through every Premiership and Football League club’.

Quite so, because there is such a lucrative market for taped conversations from the Darlington dressing room.

Still, there was one highlight to the piece - Rio Ferdinand being ‘heard questioning a team-mate about his plans for the evening.'

How reassuring to know that, despite his notorious short memory, Rio hadn’t forgotten about his priorities.

From F365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I pity anybody that feels the need to read the Sun, I really do.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I thought one of the funniest aspects of the story was the Sun taking the moral high ground and saying they wouldn't pay for such a tape and encourage this kind of illegal activity or capitalise on the contents of the tape.... and then going on to quote and refer to the contents of the tape ad nauseum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

BaZmO* wrote:
    I pity anybody that feels the need to read the Sun, I really do.

B.

I feel at times it has to be bought for its comic purposes. Its the cheapest laugh you'll get for under a euro that I know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lemlin wrote:
    I feel at times it has to be bought for its comic purposes. Its the cheapest laugh you'll get for under a euro that I know!

That's fair enough but unfortunately a lot of people take this thrash seriously.

B.

Advertisement