Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions please - was it an inappropriate thing to do?

Options
  • 12-11-2005 1:09pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Peeps, looking for feedback here constructively. I posted the thread below as a humourous post hoping to bring a smile to ur faces (or the look of terror depending on ur reaction!)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054846577

However one user was quite irrate about the thread and closed it based on his opinion. However judging from the majority of replies on thread, most ppl got a kick out of it.

Whats ur views, shud i avoid posting threads like that?

Disclaimer: This thread is not here to incite trouble, just some friendly feedback to improve my posts/threads in future! :)

Whats ur view on the thread? 119 votes

The thread was unappropriate and nesf was right to close it
    0% 0 votes
    The thread was fun but nesf was right to close it down
    37% 45 votes
    The thread was fun and nesf should have kept it open
    19% 23 votes
    The thread was unappropriate but nesf shud have kept it open.
    31% 37 votes
    I don't give a flying fock ....fintan
    11% 14 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Inappropriate? I dunno.
    Crap? Most definitely!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

U didnt fall for it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It was maybe the fact that it has been done so many times before that got it closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I use a lot of bulletin boards and forums

boards.ie is the worst by a country mile for kneejerk closing of threads / banning of users.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    It was maybe the fact that it has been done so many times before that got it closed.
    Exactly. These kind of things become irritating very fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Oh my poor jangled nerves :eek: :o
    I wanted to spot the difference... now I'm just all edgy :(
    Thanks a lot... I hope you get banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've a feeling a mod or two will feel this an inappropriate thread, and probably within reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

The thread was silly not inapprepriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

stupid thread kind of like this one. anyone who posts those things should be punished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There was nothing wrong with the thread... if you had posted it in Humour or somethin like that, then it woulda been fine.

So, wrong forum tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Silly and repetitive, ive seen these things faaaaar too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

That has been posted sooo many times, and over the last few weeks people have been posting many of these shock flashes.
    I can understand how nesf is sick of them, they are not funny, just highly annoying!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Angels

It's obvious that some people don't like a fright i suppose its not good for ther aul tickers (Hearts) !! It was funny some people should just lighten up!!

Angels wrote:
    It's obvious that some people don't like a fright i suppose its not good for ther aul tickers (Hearts) !! It was funny some people should just lighten up!!

Over the last few weeks i would say around 10 of these have been posted, they do get a bit old.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Crap and right to close it....
    Same goes for "Failure" and that Bush "Brazialian" joke tbh..
    It's been done people!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Don't look at them if you don't like them.
    Maybe you didn't find it funny, but plenty of others on the thread obviously hadn't seen it before and fell the for "joke".

Guess you can't keep everyone happy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Thanks to those kind of things I have a fear of watching or looking at anything on the internet any longer than 10 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

A great example of why AH is starting to suck lately; a sh*tty thread with a link to another sh*tty thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

There's probably been one of those posted on AH a week for the past month. Frankly if you've been online for more than a day you've probably developed an instinct for recognising those.

And for anyone not very good at spotting them: if the link ends with .swf then beware!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

Ive never seen one before, I liked it! If you spend all your spare time on the internet than nothing is going to be new to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

faceman wrote:
    Peeps, looking for feedback here constructively. I posted the thread below as a humourous post hoping to bring a smile to ur faces (or the look of terror depending on ur reaction!)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054846577

However one user was quite irrate about the thread and closed it based on his opinion. However judging from the majority of replies on thread, most ppl got a kick out of it.

Whats ur views, shud i avoid posting threads like that?

Disclaimer: This thread is not here to incite trouble, just some friendly feedback to improve my posts/threads in future! :)
    It wasn't inappropriate - it was just crap. An old joke that's been posted dozens of times now...that's why people got irritated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Point taken Lump Basher, but for those of u familiar with it, u wudnt view it anyway? But those who didnt know it seemed to get a kick out of it. Its hard to please everyone i guess. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

yeah it was crap, but so is the 'whos a dirty monkey' thread and its still open. theyre both rubbish..so why does one stay and the other get closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Deadwing wrote:
    yeah it was crap, but so is the 'whos a dirty monkey' thread and its still open. theyre both rubbish..so why does one stay and the other get closed?

Key difference; this one was posted by a relative n00b whilst the other was posted by a moderator.
    All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others...

Deadwing wrote:

Yes, im still rather annoyed by the fact that moderators seem to be allowed to just spaw the AH forum with no consequences :rolleyes: , and the thread is left open.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

This poll bores me ..the options are soooo boooring

BTW i voted for "The thread was great, nesf been on the interweb too long and is getting interjaded!!" option
    may or may not be true

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Deadwing wrote:

What's the problem? It was posted on a Friday when spirits are high for the weekend.

The OP's thread seems to pop up every week in some form. For those unaware of it it's fun but for those who have seen it countless times it's a pain in the backside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I admit getting a good kick out of it a month or two ago when the first one id seen got posted up. And i did manage to scare unsespecting relatives with it.

But now Ive seen upwards of ten and you can generally tell what it is by reading the post after the OP. They're good for people who haven't seen them before, but for anyone who's ever seen one (or ten) before understandably get annoyed when they say the same trick again and again. No, I don't think it was a stupid thread, just an annoying case of deja vu for many.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

don't expect to give click a poll with only has options to your adavantage it wasn't inappropiate it was CRAP

Advertisement