Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions please - was it an inappropriate thing to do?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Vangelis

Well, faceman, you gave me a heart attack. I really tried to look for three errors.

And.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

*runs to hide*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Ahahahahahah, this thread should be closed too tbh.

Where's the "Set my people free" poll option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I got hit! Noooo!

Sorry, I haven't been living in a cave, or on a mountain, or under a rock, or in Fermanagh, but I haven't seen that fekcin thing before!

Good laugh, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

The word is inappropriate not unappropriate

See:

www.dictionary.com

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

yea threads on these forums get closed way too easily,
    its like a police state here, mods kinda remind me of dublin bouncers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

replace the word "inappropriate/unappropriate" with any of the following please

crap
    pointless
    humorless
    sh*te
    unimaginative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Those jumpy things are kinda irritating, but I dont' see why the thread was closed... I guess if I was a mod and I had to deal with hundreds of those types of threads, I would be rather irritated myself... but yeah.. you posted not knowing this, so don't worry about it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

That was a good one. I think nesf just got frightened by it and locked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    I use a lot of bulletin boards and forums

boards.ie is the worst by a country mile for kneejerk closing of threads / banning of users.
    One can only concur with that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    It was maybe the fact that it has been done so many times before that got it closed.

ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

is unappropriate even a word?

Sounds perfectly cromulant to me, but you never know:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OP, at least this is thread of the day. Therefore you are an effective thread starter. I think...
    :) Have a nice day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

Some people get ratty when they are caught out with jokes like these, mods are not immune to this. I haven't been here long and this is a great site but people get banned for the most ridiculous reasons and it's the one thing that would keep me away from boards. Mods seem to get too much of a power rush here from closing threads and banning people. It's nigh on ridiculous.

If you don't like a thread, move on, just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people won't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Atari Jaguar?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

*snore* Please lord mod put this thread to sleep already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

IMO nesf is a muppet and aslong as a thread doesn't break any rules it should be left open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Nesf was right, it was crap and should of been closed.Besides, it(or similar things to it) have been done many times before on AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I hadnt seen it before and I enjoyed it even if I was expecting the shock factor. I don't think it should have been locked. If you have seen the joke before it doesn't make it any less of a joke for someone who hasn't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Put them in Humour in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

IMO nesf is a muppet and aslong as a thread doesn't break any rules it should be left open
    Stupid people always hate nesf. It's getting boring, frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Wertz wrote:
    A great example of why AH is starting to suck lately; a sh*tty thread with a link to another sh*tty thread...

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

rb_ie wrote:
    Nesf was right, it was crap and should of been closed.

God thats so retarded. You expect mods to freely close threads because they're "crap"? In their own personal opinion? If it doesn't appeal to them personally then they should close it and forbid others from participating.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

*raises an eyebrow*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

nesf wrote:
    *raises an eyebrow*

i dont post here that much but just came in to say , great meeting you last night ;)

Oh and this should be in Feedback btw...

Moved :)

Sarge wrote:
    i dont post here that much but just came in to say , great meeting you last night ;)

Good to meet you too :)

Now if only this hangover would go away...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I didn't read the first post of this thread. But I read the last three, which didn't refer to it, so I'm assuming it's irrelevant at this stage...

\o/ beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

it was just posted in the wrong forum, should have been in humour

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The poll seems to have decided, does that mean I can ban you faceman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Yes, im still rather annoyed by the fact that moderators seem to be allowed to just spaw the AH forum with no consequences :rolleyes: , and the thread is left open.

:rolleyes:

perhaps you could be the spam police?

or maybe you can post up all the posts tha tyou dont like and you feel are irrelevant and unworthy on the site?

please post up a full list of all posts, with links.

:rolleyes:

and another :rolleyes: just for good measure, because i feel it really justifies another pointless post by me...

Advertisement