Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions please - was it an inappropriate thing to do?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

where's the option on that there poll for 'I don't giving a flying flock'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

I didn't actually notice the thread before this! I hate those darn give-ya-a-fright-while-your-concentrating-hard jokes, they totally do my head in. And it was in the wrong forum. IMO, that all i think your guilty of.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Just out of interest...if nesf hadnt locked your thread where would it have gone?

Seriously, its not as if you were gonna find a cure for cancer by the third page. You posted a little flash, a few people go "AHHH" or "BORING" and the thread is slowly drowned by more interesting (or perverted) threads easier to have it put down quickly. Those threads breed like rabbits there will be another one up at some point.

What harm has locking that thread done?

Seriosuly contemplating putting a sticky on humour for all the repeated links of funneh :confused: that show up every week. Only problem is that no one will check for it and still post in the wrong bloody forum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lisa needs braces?

Should have been in humour I guess...if it has to exist at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Damnit, I seem to have missed out on the whole Lisa needs braces, dental plan. I know it's from the Simpsons, but it works so well on pointless threads.
    Gathering card, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Beruthiel wrote:
    where's the option on that there poll for 'I don't giving a flying flock'?

thanks to whoever added it
    I've cast my vote :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    I use a lot of bulletin boards and forums

boards.ie is the worst by a country mile for kneejerk closing of threads / banning of users.
    Tiffany wrote:
    One can only concur with that statement.
    Zillah wrote:
    God thats so retarded. You expect mods to freely close threads because they're "crap"? In their own personal opinion? If it doesn't appeal to them personally then they should close it and forbid others from participating.
    small_violin.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

nlgbbbblth wrote:

boards.ie is the worst by a country mile for kneejerk closing of threads / banning of users.
    I agree. I met up with a bunch of mates over the weekend, most have stopped bothering (with!) boards lately.

Personally I don't post a fraction as much as I used to, but that's more down to the removal of the 'New Posts' function. It's obviously rocket-science in the DBMS that vboards, or whatever, uses to implement a reverse datetime index.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's hardly inappropriate but it's sh|te, it's sh|te that's been posted in various forms a few hundred times already and it was posted in the wrong forum.

Quit yer whining tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It's obviously rocket-science in the DBMS that vboards, or whatever, uses to implement a reverse datetime index.

vBulletin is written at the bottom of every page, durrrr rolleyes.gif.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

nlgbbbblth wrote:

Indeed. And it's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

it made me jump but its a laugh dunno why people get so serious about things its not like you were trying to offend anyone its hardly terryfying now is it? it was in th ewrong forum though. maybe we shoudl put a warning on posts ie 'do not read if you are overly sensitive'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Democracy lol.

Advertisement