Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is special forces out yet?

Options
  • 12-11-2005 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I realise its not the best,add on pack but at least its something new.When you load up bf2 you get a link screen saying its out..Its not on any web stores yet none of the ones I looked at.

Any idea how much its going to be?Lets hope we dont have to patch it up a week after be install it and the discs dont crack!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EL WOG

it is out in 13 days, 25th in europe, 20th in the usa, you can download it from ea for 30euro but will not be able to install it till release date, takes about 41/2 hours with broadband, probably about the same price from the shop
    EL WOG

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Nice one,30 euro is o.k. as I have virgin vouchers worth 30.Hopefully its worth the wait and there will be plenty of people playing it when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

EA would seem to be long term employers . it seems they want us to beta test another one of their games .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

jonski wrote:
    EA would seem to be long term employers . it seems they want us to beta test another one of their games .

Oooh, so bitter.

Its 23.99 from play.com - but I wouldn't recommend waiting a month for it to be delivered just to save 6 euro.

In fact, I'm going to let every one else test this, and if its okay, then I'll buy it. Up to then I'll save my money for chipsticks and coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I have no intentions of getting this as i feel ea would be better off supporting bf2 properly than trying to squeeze more money out of us for a gimmicky mod.There is nothing in the add-on that interests me to want to have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

I have bought it from ea already 29.99 $ so what about 25 € , steam kinda thing ,special downloader and it doesnt unlock until the 25th , sooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I have bought it from ea already 29.99 $ so what about 25 € , steam kinda thing ,special downloader and it doesnt unlock until the 25th , sooooo
    Does it use your system clock on theirs? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I would hazard a guess and say its running off an EA timer...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Keyzer wrote:
    I would hazard a guess and say its running off an EA timer...
    Ive seen far more expensive apps that dont,
    do you need to be online to install it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EL WOG

You need tp be online, it asks you to log in and then runs from an EA clock, i don't mind having to wait till release date, but its the 20th in the states and 25th here, why should i have to wait an extra 5 days, thats my problem.
    EL WOG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

Silverfish wrote:
    Oooh, so bitter.

Its 23.99 from play.com - but I wouldn't recommend waiting a month for it to be delivered just to save 6 euro.

In fact, I'm going to let every one else test this, and if its okay, then I'll buy it. Up to then I'll save my money for chipsticks and coke.

I've been using play for year's and have never had to wait a month for a release, they always arrive on my mat the day of release, sometimes even the day before, but never a month later..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I'll get it on the day it comes out as I got game vouchers recently for my birthday... I reckon its gonna be a stinker until they bring out a patch though, although they are working off BF2 platform so they already know that it will have problems, like BF2 did and still does...
    I suppose its just something you come to expect from EA, even though its wrong...

Is there no independent body/regulator that quality tests games pre release?

IG-Calibre wrote:
    I've been using play for year's and have never had to wait a month for a release, they always arrive on my mat the day of release, sometimes even the day before, but never a month later..

I think you have totally missed the current situation with an Post. Play do not walk it to your doorstep, An Post do, and there is where the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I've played it Silverfish. My review is 20/10. I'd buy at leat 30 copies just the make sure it works.

Seriously? Really? Are you being sarcastic? I'll cry if you're being sarcastic?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

He is :)

So was I.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Lies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭IG-Calibre

Silverfish wrote:
    I think you have totally missed the current situation with an Post. Play do not walk it to your doorstep, An Post do, and there is where the problem is.

I have you're right, I misstook it for a bash at play.com..

I would never disrespect play.com. Er......word.

• Advertisement
Advertisement