Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New project...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

wooden shed :eek:
    does your gear not suffer from dampness, id be real worried about that :)

PS i used alphacool too a few times and i would recommend them also, cheap shipping and have all you could need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

where did ya get the acrylic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

gline wrote:
    wooden shed :eek:
    does your gear not suffer from dampness, id be real worried about that :)

PS i used alphacool too a few times and i would recommend them also, cheap shipping and have all you could need

Doesn't get damp at all, completely insutalted.. Sure the other shed we've had for about 6 years never gets damp at all.. Wont be keeping any pricy gear/mobo's etc in it for fear of it getting nicked..
    where did ya get the acrylic?

got it from alphacool...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Don't suppose you know what sort of acrylic it is do you?

acryan

U can get it from loads of places.. Trying to work out the front panel at the mo.. heads slowly melting

• Advertisement

Plexi tops for the pumps arrived...

DSC00208Small.jpg

Started to work on the front panel, pics below of my setup n the bit im using on my dremel.. works quite well although a jigsaw is better for longer cuts as the blade on the dremel warps quite easily when its hot...

DSC00224Small.jpg

DSC00226Small.jpg

Will post up pics of the panel tomorrow as should ave it fin by then... today im catching up on a lot of sleep ZZzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

looks great so far rosco, keep up the good work.

Started working on the front pannel... Will be making two of these. Took me a while to get the size right, trial and error really but its a perfect fit now. Only advice is to use a jigsaw with a sharp blade, cut slow n steady and double check everything...

dsc00227small9uj.jpg

dsc00228small5br.jpg

Also, get a pair of these.. protect ur eyes and they highlight details and make cutting a bit easier.. That n if ur blade breaks you'll still have ur eyes... It does happen, i've had far to many near misses..

yellow-lens-safety-glasses.jpg

I picked up a pair in B&Q...

New front panel is just done.. Not sure as to which way i will finally have it..
    dsc00252small6ej.jpg

dsc00254small0lk.jpg

There's two sheets of acrylic there.. The power button is mounted to one n then there's a cut out in the other. Was planning on putting a custom badge in the cut out.. Not sure yet..

Thats how the final panel will look, no cd rom, no floppy etc. I may put an LCD screen up top.. But that can be added at a ltr date..

Want as little as possible on the front pannel so as u can see straight through the pc..

then where are the cd/dvd drives going? but nice work anywho :)

• Advertisement

Flunked wrote:
    then where are the cd/dvd drives going?

You'll have to wait n see ;););) as will i :p

Tis cold n wet n im lazy so no work today...

Got bored n was looking at some other mod threads on the net, some have very good photography.. made me think i should put a bit more effort into mine.. Heres a couple of the waterblock.. (f)arty
    dsc0026019ra.jpg

dsc0027416qz.jpg

dsc0026613dv.jpg

...big money on those cmaeras, and those are nice... stick the drives on the top with flap up lids f ya can :P

Flunked wrote:
    stick the drives on the top with flap up lids f ya can :P

Plan is to have a slot load drive in the top.. need to mount the psu n rad first n see what space i have left..

slots are kool, but if it comes to the worst case, u need external drives ;-/:rolleyes:

The deal with the DD NV78s fell through but i managed to pick up two XFX 7800gtx EE with innovetec coolers n a few other toys.. For a nice price;)

gtxblockmosferts.jpg

yay an update that i dont hugely understand :o but i notice this project slowed down ;)

Been very busy of late, Gfs bday, new car, sold old car, lots of bills and a company weekend piss up...

Will be getting back into it soon enough. Need a few little bits n pieces, gonna head down n start on the front pannel now.

Which part of the last post dont u get?

"The deal with the DD NV78s fell through but i managed to pick up two XFX 7800gtx EE with innovetec coolers n a few other toys"
    Im not sure what a DD NV78's is tho i think its a graphics card cause the 7800gtx is right?

DD NV78 = Danger Den NV78 which are the original blocks that i had planned on getting for the 7800 cards that i was getting. I was getting the waterblocks before the cards but that deal fell through.

Now i've managed to get 2 x 7800gtx's with the innovetec waterblocks already installed..

Hope that makes a bit more sense.. Its far too cold to be working down in the shed. I've been asked to build a pc for Av editing for a company i work for now n then so thats keeping me busy for the time being..

• Advertisement

yup that makes sence :) thanks for clearing it up

This is what i've been doing instead of working on my mod
    dsc00474medium2xe.jpg

System i put together for a company i work for now n then.. Its main use will be for AV editing n photo editing...

Spec.
    3800 X2 @ 2.5ghz
    2gig ram
    6800GS
    2x250gb HD
    Akasa evo33(25c idle 38c load)
    Zalman GPU HSF
    Gigabyte Aurora Case

Can i have one:D thats a nice setup tho the gfx card could be better cant it ( im learning)

Could be but the 6800gs is fast enough for em... Tis nice n speedy, the GFs been doing a bit of editing on it while im waiting for there monitor to get delivered. Its damn fast at encoding, damn damn fast.... Deffo getting me a dual core cpu.

Long time no modding... Getting back into it as my bits have started to arrive.. X1800XT n Asus mobo arived today.. Still looking for a cpu n psu..

Started on getting the Rad into the case.. This was a pain as the rad will only fit between the rails inside the case so it isn't dead center, doesn't bother me but it was a bugger to get it in.. Had to re-drill the holes in the rad for the bolts that i got.. Took me the morning to do it but its done...

dsc00768small4os.jpg

dsc00772small4qj.jpg

dsc00773small7qo.jpg

Now i know the cuts are dodgy n its bloody messy but i haven't cleaned it up yet.. Was a bugger to cut them holes as the case is very thick at that point.. There'll be a piece of wood going on top of it anyway so it'll clean it up well... Anyways back to the shed i go...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

what type of psu u looking for?

i will have a 580watt metallic blue, modular hiper psu available next week if you are interested?
    or have u got other plans?

put it on its side and put wings on it and hey bingo! youve got a a twin propelled plane :D very nice so far ;) the clsoe up on the fans just reminded me of plane propeller

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

gline wrote:

i will have a 580watt metallic blue, modular hiper psu available next week if you are interested?

If he doesnt want it, wink wink :rolleyes:

gline wrote:

Actually bought the black one for this pc but after reading reviews of it i sold it, they're a bit dodge at full load..

Prob gonna go for an Enermax liberty 620w
    liberty.jpg

• Advertisement

Started on the wooden pannel... Lots of sanding and polishing to do.. Along with 2x120mm holes to cut out but u get the idea....

dsc0077611tr.jpg
    Thats actually a really annoying angle.. ah well ;-p

Advertisement