Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New project...

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Go Liberty:D

I love the hiper Type R 580watt PSUs, I even got one for my Dads opty system. But ive seen a fair share of bad reviews, and report of dodgey soldering:(

I just dont trust them anymore, especially on a heavily overclocked system, They look so cool:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Cut holes in the wood for fans.. need to drill recesses for the bolts n thinks of a way to mount it next...

dsc00792medium7ys.jpg

N thanks to Wizzard for the hole saw....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

conzymaher wrote:
    Go Liberty:D

I love the hiper Type R 580watt PSUs, I even got one for my Dads opty system. But ive seen a fair share of bad reviews, and report of dodgey soldering:(

I just dont trust them anymore, especially on a heavily overclocked system, They look so cool:o

reading a few reviews on them today and they reckon they are great... said very stable voltages... so you never know who to believe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ya go for the sales man you can allways trust them !! :D

:D

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/print/foxconn-hiper.html

The 350watt model was a shambles, The 580watt model was better but had a overvolted 5v rail, and bad soldering.

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&number=3&artpage=1349&articID=331

Mad shrimps werent impressed with soldering either, but stable rails...

They have a bad rep on forums.amd.com too

I just wouldnt trust one in my system:o

• Advertisement

Nuff said on the Hyper psu front.... prais my work damn you :-p

Oh, yeah the project....... erm....... its great:o

Do you mind me asking why you used plywood??? You can see the layers, eeewwwwww:D

conzymaher wrote:
    Do you mind me asking why you used plywood??? You can see the layers, eeewwwwww:D

When its stained and varnished the grain really comes out n it can look really well... That n it was cheap.. by cheap i found it in the garage :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Looks good rosco, beginning to come together and you cant argue with plywood at that price.

I have a Hiper 580w aswell no complaints as of yet, your not interested in trading your blue one for my black one by any chance gline? Im a sucker for blue fans :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It's lookin good Ross, wish i had time to start a new project tbh :(

CC

• Advertisement

I wish I had plywood:(
    :D

It looks great, its really coming together, And those fans.:eek:

B00MSTICK wrote:
    Looks good rosco, beginning to come together and you cant argue with plywood at that price.

I have a Hiper 580w aswell no complaints as of yet, your not interested in trading your blue one for my black one by any chance gline? Im a sucker for blue fans :o

sorry, i already have a buyer for my blue one

ya go for the sales man you can allways trust them !! :D

i was actually reading reviews on overclocking sites, not shops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Ross great work as good as any of the projects on bit tech .its looking good .ive been away from boards for a while and its nice to come back and see a thread that you cant wait to see whats coming next nice job ,Cant wait to see how it turns out , as i was saying ive just finished my own workshop and got a few projects in mind for myself ,Anyhow keep up the good work and give us more pic's ASAP ....;)

Sorted out the mounting for the wood to the case, drilled n countersunk the holes for the bolts.. Need to drill the case n fit it, will be doing that tomorrow.. Now im gonna catch up on some drinking....

dsc008261medium7mu.jpg

dsc008251medium9wz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

did good friday drain you out that much? XD nice work so far :) and welcome home dub, did your ultra crazy yet kool pc mod get finished completly? i never saw the screen up and down action ;-/
    sorry for ggoing off topic

Mounted the wood to the case.. Two of the bolts aren't fixed as i have to figure out a way of getting the nuts onto them as the rad n a rail are in the way... Dremel time :p:p Getting there slowly, need to order a few bits for the WC so i can start planning the layout...

dsc008301medium3fa.jpg

dsc008331medium0ng.jpg

Small update... Top of the case is finished, will have a better pic tomorrow
    dsc008481medium3hp.jpg

Now working on the side panels...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I was just having a gander at your log at Bit-tech. Can I ask where you got the plexi from? Been looking for a while for this stuff in both clear and black.

Nice looking job btw :D

• Advertisement

alpgacool.de... loads of online stores in the uk sell it..

unklerosco wrote:
    alpgacool.de... loads of online stores in the uk sell it..

erm..alphacool ?

Just ordered a **** load of gear from them..didn't see any plexi...must look again

Cheers :)

unklerosco wrote:

I really must get my eyes tested...never saw that section...maybe I was blinded by the watercooling gear :D

UPDATE 25/5

Started working on the side panel... No pics of it cut yet but here's tha basic plan for it(sorry bout the poor quality)

dsc00837medium3sm.jpg

Been trying to work out my WC.. Basically..
    2 loops.. Loop 1 = GFX, NB, HDs, Triple Rad Loop 2 = CPU, Double Rad

Getting everything to fit is a pain in the ***.... Here's a few pics of different plans..

dsc01634custommedium4rf.jpg
    Thats the original idea but its far to cramped n impossible to route the tubing from the res's to the pumps.....

plan1medium0cn.jpg
    Moved the HD cooler up to the rails, had to cut out 2 supports and make up a mount for it but it fits flukely well... Will need to make up new supports to stop the case flexing..... Now everything fits well but running the pumps like that isn't the ideal sullution.. and also when the mobo is in place im gonna be V V tight for space with the inlet for the HD cooler....

dsc01640medium6kv.jpg
    Not much space to play with there...

Now ur prob wondering why i don mount the pumps side by side under the res's... I would but they wont fit, they're too wide... I could cut the case to make em fit but it would need allot of reinforcment n it'd be still v v tight... I figured if i staget them, one on top of the other they'll fit perfectly... This allows me to run the 2 loops seperatly...

dsc01656largemedium0pu.jpg
    All i need to do is make up a mount for the pumps, will be using alu n rubber mounts to isolate them from the case...

Loads to do, n lots more problems to come...

Also, Im using a swiftech radbox to mount the triple rad to the outside of my case..

There's only 1 place in Europe that stocks em.. www.chillblast.com

Just wanted to say thanks to em for sorting me out with one, took me an age to get one in from the states n when i got it was stolen, along with my car... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Made up a trial mount for the higer pump.. found some spare plexi n figured i could use it....
    dsc01665medium0ug.jpg

dsc01662medium9hc.jpg

dsc01666medium5qj.jpg

Worked out quite well for a first attempt, bit of a pain trying to get the bends n measurments right..

Looks better than the alu would and it'll isolate the vibrations better....

Its looking good...some nice work being done there.

Out of interest, how hot do you need to get plexi to get it to bend? I got some plexi bending to do for my mod but I've never tried it before. Would a decent hairdryer do it or would you need a heat gun?

Keep up the good work :)

I used a hot air gun, im sure a good hairdryer would do, it'll just take longer... Using the Gun takes about 10-20 secs, i just wait till i start to see the plexi bend by itself, its hot enough at that stage n i just start to bend it while keeping a lower heat setting on it....

unklerosco wrote:
    I used a hot air gun, im sure a good hairdryer would do, it'll just take longer... Using the Gun takes about 10-20 secs, i just wait till i start to see the plexi bend by itself, its hot enough at that stage n i just start to bend it while keeping a lower heat setting on it....

Thanks for the info...always handier when someone's had some experience.

I guess its too cold if it breaks and too hots if its a puddle :D

• Advertisement

The cold bit is right, if its two hot you'll get bubles etc.. looks cack, get a piece to practice on first cause if u get bubbles in it it'll drive u mad..

Advertisement