Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Credit Card

Options
  • 12-11-2005 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm just after setting up a new bank account for a business I'm setting up, there is no constant cash flow into it but there is money in it. I've already applied for a CC with the leaflet but have been refused. Is there any other way I can apply, perhaps by talking to somebody at my bank and telling them my plans and why I need the CC. A CC is essential for my business and I need it now.:confused:

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

tell them you will personally guarantee the credit card and
    that should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

who would I tell that to (bank teller or write it on the application leaflet or someone else?) and what exactly does personally guaranteeing a credit card entail?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm no expert NeptunesMoon ... but I would imagine it makes you personally liable for any debt on the card, and not the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Go and talk to someone in your branch. Standard applications are for exactly that..standard applications. Anything non-standard instantly gets spit out and rejected. However, sometimes your branch can intervene - talk to your business advisor in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I take it you've not got a personal credit card? A business CC is useful for me and getting it was easier than if I'd not had a CC already. Even then, it took the BoI 6 weeks to feck it around and process it. 3 minutes waiting time, yeah right :rolleyes:

I don't know how much you're expecting to use it or how large the purchases will be, but you could consider Permanent TSB's 3V virtual credit card here You will be charged 5 yoyos every time you top it up, but at least you can charge it to the business. May help in the short term.

• Advertisement
Advertisement