Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callobrate no. 1

Options
  • 12-11-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Ok here's something very small i did, only approx 3mins long.. For a backing track i didn't want too much involved, i wanted to leave room for another guitar and stuff..

Ok, it's in standard tuning, 150bpm and in the key of D, with a slight change to the key of G at the end..

It's basic so anyone at any level could add to it, it's starts off with..

D, F#m X2 then into A, C#m X2 and repeat. Then it goes into E, A X2 i think and then the outro is G, D, A repeated and fades out leaving room for your solo stuff etc:)

See? simple!

It's an mp3, if you want wav then i can give you wav, but record your track seperate to mine and send the HIGH quality track to me in an email where i'll mix it with my high quality track..

Cool? Ok, so bassists, drummers, guitarists, vocalists are welcome, as well as any other instruments really..

Somehow i don't think too many drummers are gonna step forward so i may record that myself at a later date..

Cool? Who's interested?

http://members.boards.ie/lundimardi/boardscolab.zip

you can send your tracks to me to danielbyr{a}gmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

no one interested then no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Don't rush me! :D

These things take time.....free time, creative juices flowing, some people may need to do a bit of setup before they can contribute. I'd figure stuff will be rolling in for a week or so...

Working on it now. Expect something from me before the weekend's out, I warrant.

cool and the gang rustar.. what you playing?

oh and, you don't have to do a fade out at the end, just be sure to play right untill the end and i'll do the fade out, so it all matches up etc..

LundiMardi wrote:
    cool and the gang rustar.. what you playing?

oh and, you don't have to do a fade out at the end, just be sure to play right untill the end and i'll do the fade out, so it all matches up etc..

Initially a bass track, but I'll probably work on rhythm guitar later as well. If this goes right, you'll have 10 bass tracks to choose from, 10 leads, 10 keys....
    Hmmm....maybe we want to post links to the finished parts, so that they can be mixed 'n' matched, so you can make multiple versions? Or are you ready to spend time picking and choosing? Might end up being a second job, if there's a lot of response....

Edit: cool on the fade-out thing.

Edit2: Whoop, another question...should tracks be recorded dry, or with reverb/delay, etc.? sometimes an effect like chorus will be integral to the part, so some effects will have to be used.

jaysus.. you're gonna be busy.. i don't mind spending time picking and choosing which track to use.. just send anything you come up with.

Are you happy enough with my track, i didn't spend too much time it but if you want to i can add a little more diversity or something.. or we can leave it as it is, short and sweet etc?

• Advertisement

LundiMardi wrote:
    jaysus.. you're gonna be busy.. i don't mind spending time picking and choosing which track to use.. just send anything you come up with.

Are you happy enough with my track, i didn't spend too much time it but if you want to i can add a little more diversity or something.. or we can leave it as it is, short and sweet etc?

Actually, I meant *you're* going to be busy selecting parts from whatever is submitted. I'm only doing 1 bass track, maybe 1 rhythm track, etc.

I think the thread-starters should be as bare-bones as possible, since the push is to get parts from different people...otherwise, we'd just be writing our own songs. :)

Rustar wrote:
    Actually, I meant *you're* going to be busy selecting parts from whatever is submitted.

ah yes.. i read that wrong.. well if it goes well i hope to have that many tracks to choose from.. but judging from the oh so many replies to this thread, it's looking doubtfull

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

ive a feeling this is gona take a Long time!!! make a thread too on who plays what :)

why do you think it will take a long time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

nice generic track bud. Great way to get the ball rolling. Will get somethin to ya just to start a project, i not butting in, just may aswell send ya something. Projects like this will fine tune what way we do things

• Advertisement

indeed.. it's all great talking about how to do things, but it's when the ball starts to roll where we find out what works and what doesn't...

Anyone can send me anything by the by:)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭trippertds

LundiMardi wrote:
    D, F#m X2 then into A, C#m X2 and repeat. Then it goes into E, A X2 i think and then the outro is G, D, A repeated and fades out leaving room for your solo stuff etc:)

For any one working on this theres a little bridge of Bm - A that appears twice.

I'm trying to add stuff using fruityloops cause I want to learn how to use it for myself. I've added a very poor bassline with it and am trying to get some orchestra stuff on it

have somethin done up but i am re-doing a cubase rig in my studio and things aint working right so could only download the entire song. I just want to prove that it can be done so i will post up what i did. Regardless of whether its your style(coz it aint really mine), all the bum notes, rubbish guitar sound etc. point is i added to another guys work. Now i know i added a bit much but its not even a completed song so dont take it seriously!....now...where to post it!

trippertds wrote:
    For any one working on this theres a little bridge of Bm - A that appears twice.

I'm trying to add stuff using fruityloops cause I want to learn how to use it for myself. I've added a very poor bassline with it and am trying to get some orchestra stuff on it
    oh yeah.. forgot about that! oops:)

that's pretty sweet sei046.. i likes alot! The timing is a bit off at times though, do you want me to send you the same track with a click? (not tonight though, it's late!!)

But i do like, it's obvious you're a bit a shredder, although not in this track..

To anyone else who wants to add to this and finds that sei046's addition to the track isn't your style, send me something anyway, there doesn't have to be only one version.

edit, i could be wrong about the timing,, i'm listening to the track at low volume cos i can't wake anyone up.. but i'll listen properly tomorrow

ye i know bud sorry, i will come up with something tasteful for ya and give it to ya as a seperate track soon. Was a good opportunity to get a basic jist of how to do it. i dialed in the bpm but click aint workin(not finished setting up the system yet). Had to just play without it. You can hear the lack of continuity in the playing but given time i will come up with somethin for ya.

edit: ye the bass is off

cool man,, if you want i'll send ya the track tomorrow with a click.. sounds good so far though:cool:

i kept the string arrangements minimal enough throughout. The inbetween solo at the end is shoddy enuf and i went down the minor route. Nothing awe inspiring but sure hey at least its both of us!

Tell me where ya want some strings or drums or bass or guitar...lol....specifically if ya want and i will work on it 2moro if i get the chance. will try and give ya soemthing to work with. Great clean sound by the way.

• Advertisement

that is the clean sound of a strat through amplitube in protools, tis rather impressive i must say..

play where and what you want man,, i don't mind what people play, i can edit it to my own desires when i get all the tracks:D heh heh

rite well, as u can see i took a bit of an odd route on that track so give me somethin to go on if u have somethin in mind (bluesier, jazz etc.) that way at least the track will sound like its a track when everyone is on it :-D

http://z11.zupload.com/download.php?file=getfile&filepath=21592

My effort. Damn simple, but i'm only beginning with fruityloops. The solo is way off and badly recorded too, but ah sure

dont be silly bud it sounds great. in that program do u have to program strings or do they do the chords themselves? same with bass rhythm?

I put the chords/notes in myself but it will transcribe out chords if you want it too, provided you know the root

Edit - I can't get to listen to your song, it won't show up on the address. Could you mail it to me ?

i c. You should get into the Vst in cubase. Its all manual and you have to kinda know what ur at but you get great results. If i find some of my stuff i will post it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭DiamondJQuimby

Getting a timeout on Sei's contribution so I cannot access that.

I like the melody of what you have done here.

I will have something for you in the next day or two.

I am trying to figure out where I will post it though I think that is going to be one of the biggest challenges on this forum.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

http://rapidshare.de/

Good site for free file hosting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭DiamondJQuimby

Just messing around with this..

I know you said it was 150BPM but I halved that to 75 and added drums with Reason.

I also Compressed the drums and added some reverb panned you out to the left a bit and the drums slightly on the right, Same drum beat all the way through but has potential I think.

I was using Adobe Audition to mix this.
    Haven't got my guitar and decent sound card at home still with the band So I cannot add any guitar may do in a few days.

http://rapidshare.de/files/7640960/LuniMardi_-_Collab_MEDIUM_with_Drums.mp3.html

Cheers

D

• Advertisement

http://media.putfile.com/Lundi thats the actual link. sorry for the yahoo one

Advertisement