Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers play offs

• 12-11-2005 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Seeing as there seems to be a mixed emotion on the subject who wants Rovers to stay up or go down.

Shamrock Up or Down 13 votes

Survive you jammy hoops
    0%
    down you go never to return
    100%
    BKtjesuper_furryrobz150Corben DallasPigman IIGuy:IncognitoHippoblu_sonicJuan PablodcarrollYeatsCountyTheBigLebowskimchurl 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If they are playing CHF, I want them to stay up, if its Cobh Id like to see them go down. Simple as that. So as far as the poll goes, I cant vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Adios Rovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Down for a year sort out the mess behind the scenes and come back with less Dream team ****e attached.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

division 1 and a p45 for shoddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

gimmick wrote:
    If they are playing CHF, I want them to stay up, if its Cobh Id like to see them go down. Simple as that. So as far as the poll goes, I cant vote.

Ditto, i'd love a cork derby next season, that'd be magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

oh god i wouldn't lol, what way does the play offs work is it a draw or will it be 2nd last v 2nd from top and 3rd v 4th? etc,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I have the most unbelievable hatred for Rovers so for this forum's sake I'm gonna keep it civil and say.... ''yes I would like to see them go down.''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm sure they'll win the play-off no matter who they get. There's a huge gulf between the Prem and Div1 and beside the Hun are only even in this position because of their 8points deduction.

In '99 we were playing awful and got landed with a play-off against cobh. We won 7-0 on agg. Since then I think Waterford are the only Prem side to get relgated after a play-off series .

i pretty much agree that we should beat anyone in the 1st but i think the way the team is playing and the way the manager has the set up i'm worried.

its sad that it is the decuction that put us here, that its off the pitch antics and not incompentancy on the pitch that could get us the drop. i think even the most hardend ABR fan would feel a hollow victory if we drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

From how I was brought up on the league, I can't really wish to see them go down. They do bring alot to it. Though I would piss myself laughing if Keely's Dublin team came up in their place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I'd love to see Cobh go up but that looks highly unlikely now. In terms of history, support and prestige, I would like to see Shams stay up.........but I would also love to see Roddy Collins get chased out of the club by SRFC's die hard fans, heh.

Roddy for Ireland? :p

Please don't kill me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Would love to see Roddy go down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Maybe Rovers should pay Pat Dolan €40k to work his magic. ;).

There should be an in-between option in that poll, I want them to go down and come back, like KdjaC said.

it is 90k for us to terminate roddy('s contract) and ad 40k for fat pat i think we might be a bit stuck in the money problemos for that

Maybe Roddy could stay as Dolans right-hand man... ;)

Oh I can picture it now.

still money we don't have, i doubt he come to us anyway. i would have liked him instead of Shoddy

Anyone would be better than Mr. Collins.

every one at rovers bar one or two of the playerswould like shoddy to go but we're kinda tied up with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Slash/ED wrote:
    Would love to see Roddy go down
    :eek: :D
    gimmick wrote:
    Same as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'd like to see Rovers go down and Cobh to come up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

wouldnt mind seeing rovers survive as they are such a prestigiuos club but then again........:D

Also being relegated mighnt be such a bad thing for them as they might be able to "do a leeds" on it and sort themselves out if they go down

oh don't say that i used to support leeds when i was a child (my dad supports them)

Advertisement