Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Murphy - Tuesday 8pm ThL!!!

Options
  • 12-11-2005 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Anyone else here going to see the comedy genius that is Colin Murphy? (the star of the Blizzard Of Odd and The Panel!)

Well I've got my ticket and I definitely recommend anyone to go see him and buy a ticket now! (providing it hasn't sold out yet which it should have) You can always trust Zane! :v:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I totally forgot thought he was playing next week!!
    where can i get a ticket??? pls god dont let em b sold out!!!

crapsicles i wrote playing he wont be playing will he ...he'll be appearing i must purchase a dictionary....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You like that guy?:confused:

I suppose he's better than Dara O'Brian and that long haired git. (shudder)

ed byrne has really let himself go.... he's just not as funny as he used to be!

Colin tho is an excellent comedian esp. on hte panel with neil delamere they make really spark off each other!

where can i purchase tix to colin m??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Scraggs wrote:

Any of the SU shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭The Troll

Scraggs wrote:
    ed byrne has really let himself go.... he's just not as funny as he used to be!

Colin tho is an excellent comedian esp. on hte panel with neil delamere they make really spark off each other!

when was ed byrne ever funny?

• Advertisement

Any of the SU shops

Thanks!!!
    when was ed byrne ever funny?

seem to remember laughing at his jokes...well at him anyway.... couple o yrs ago when he had short hair.
    also had some funny moments last yr on the panel.
    i'd pretty much laugh at anything tho.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

how much are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

He was meant to be playing in UCC last Thursday (doors were 8pm), but he cancelled at 5.15pm!

No reason was given to the UCC SU, they were just informed he wouldn't be fulfilling his commitment to perform.

Ed Byrne and Dara O'Briain have also cancelled MEAS-organised UCC gigs this year.

maybe he was locked!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i'll defo b going. so glad ed byrne cancelled the other week. that guy maxwell was hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Who said Dara O'Brien wasn't funny? Along with Colin Murphy and Andrew Maxwell he has been saving the panel from the crapness that is Fiona Looney and Ed Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

DaveMcG wrote:
    how much are they?

€10, €8 for Comedy Soc members

Dara O'Briain, Colin Murphy, Neil Delamere, and Andrew Maxwell are pretty good on the Panel.

Fiona Looney and Ed Byrne are sh*te.

Gráinne Seoige is boring. But she is f*cking hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Yeah, she's all serious in a sexy way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Murphy and O'Briain make The Panel!!! Don't know how for the life of me anyone finds Andrew Maxwell absolutely hilarious? :confused: Yeah he comes out with some hilarious nonsense now and gain but the other half of the stuff that comes out his mouth blows straight over my head and leaves me scratching my head. Ah well we can all agree he isn't as bad as Ed Byrne! :D

Anyway Murphy is gonna be excellent. Saw him a number of months ago at Vicar Street and he was fuggin' hilarious!!! I remember him taking the absolute piss out of some poor unfortunate bloke sitting right at the very front for the entire show so I recommend to anyone not to sit directly infront of him!!!

I'm goin wit a friend who needs to be taken down a peg or two how can i get him to sit in the front i wonder [and without me havin the piss ripped outta me too!!]

Maxwell was excellent on theKing of Comedy on chan4 but when he's on the panel he seems to be too rehearsed and isnt spontaneous like the others, Looney used to be funny occasionally but in this series she is total shoite!!

Jimmy Carr is quite good but its kinda annoyin the way he doesnt know whats goin on in the country esp considering its a show based on takin piss outta current affairs!

I don't like Jimmy Carr really... Every so often he has something hilarious to say, but most of the time he just sits there with one eye-brow raised.

i kno what ya mean he has no idea whats goin on!!
    do ya think tickets are sold out??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Colin cancelled last wednesday in UL aswell. pah.

altho he's due back the 28 of the month instead...karl spain is this week I think.

do ya think theres a chance he'll cancel on us?

would he dare....

• Advertisement

Nah he wouldn't pull out but on the positive side of things if he did, it would give us an excuse to do a riot ''Guns N' Roses Montreal cancellation'' scale riot and burn down ThL for the good of humanity. *

*Disclaimer: Zane does not condone the burning down of lecture theatres... hence joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Nah he wouldn't pull out

He absolutely would! They don't seem to care about the college circuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

How can anyone slate my beloved jimmy carr-the guy is the funniest thing ever-already have my tickets for him playing vicar st in feb!and he does know whats going on in Iirish politics his ma and da are both from Limerick-he just plays a bit dumb for comedic effect!Cant wait for colin murphy-surely we dont have to buy tickets if its in theatre L-is it comedy soc running it or the welfare/ents running it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Sorry Crazyworld I am not playing UCD next week. Nothing personal.

To clear this up once and for all because I have been getting calls and e mails about this for a few weeks now.

It has been advertised that I am playing a pile of college gigs, DCU, UL, UCG, UCC etc but no-one actually thought of asking me if I was free to do them, which I am not. The promotors then went ahead anyway and printed up posters with my name included! I AM VERY PISSED OFF ABOUT IT!

Could you please spread the word that I am not playing UCD or any other colleges except QUB before Christmas. Ta

Straight from Colin Murphy's mouth on his forum... if anyone *is* still selling tickets, I'd advise them to stop swift-ish, as Colin has given advance notice to most of these colleges at this stage - yet they're still selling them in a bid to make a profit/book a cheaper comedian when they claim that Colin pulled out with "hours to go".

Nothing up regarding cancellations on www.ucdsu.net or www.ucdents.com so I can only presume it's going ahead or there will war and legal wranglings with the UCDSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

It's all over his forums that he was never asked to do the shows, and I'm more willing to trust that. Shame, was going to go see him he's pretty good on the Panel.

GRRR>>>>I'm ragin!! I
    f it is true and ents are still sayin he's performing that is a load of boll0x how dare they??? they gonna charge me for watchin some mediocore half wit tellin knock knock jokes........grrrrrrrrr!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ever think it might be a wind-up Scraggs?

Plenty of comedians would be delighted to play UCD but their management won't let them. Fact.

:( just got a text from ucd ents sayin that he wont be performing ''for reasons beyond our control'' :(

full refunds available

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Dont worry guys-he's coming to ucd with comedy soc.I think its on next thursday or this thursday at lunchtime im not to sure.Whenever comedians are brought to ucd by comedy soc they always turn up so dont worry!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement