Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colin Murphy - Tuesday 8pm ThL!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

panda100 wrote:
    Dont worry guys-he's coming to ucd with comedy soc.I think its on next thursday or this thursday at lunchtime im not to sure.Whenever comedians are brought to ucd by comedy soc they always turn up so dont worry!

Thanks panda thats reassusring!!! cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

hmmmph, bugger, its cancelled...im glad im not a huge fan but i jst found out, thats two cancellations recently for comedians...wonder will that continue...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Scraggs wrote:
    GRRR>>>>I'm ragin!! I
    f it is true and ents are still sayin he's performing that is a load of boll0x how dare they??? they gonna charge me for watchin some mediocore half wit tellin knock knock jokes........grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Word outside the arts blocks today was that he hadn't told his agent that he was doing the collage shows so he wouldn't have to split the money with him/her. When his agent found out about it he made up the schpiel about never having been asked top play the gigs.

Obviously smoking section gossip is just gossip (though it's never steered me wrong before :cool: ) but whatever the truth is it seems highly unlikely that several collages throughout the country simultaneously pretended to have him booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

What I don't understand is why was it only today UDCSU anounced that the show was cancelled? Surely they must have known Murphy cancelled these shows in previous weeks so with a strong suspicion that he would cancel again so I wonder whether someone was screwing them about with false promises up to today.

I disapointed but if Murphy was booked into these shows without his consent you can understand why this happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Well I know for a fact that ComedySoc didn't know as of yesterday that he was cancelling, so it's safe to assume that the SU didn't either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

...except for when I kept telling you all, and you all went "LA LA LA - NO HE'S NOT CANCELLING". Good thing I got in touch with UCD myself, otherwise you all probably would've been showing up tonight for the gig. If it's any consolation, same thing is happening in virtually every other college - no wrong doing on Murphy's part, it's all misrepresentation by some 'rogue agent'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

some 'rogue agent'.

Ooh.. sounds mysterious and elaborate!

Anyway there'll be a medal in this for you Mr. Rock...mark my words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

NoelRock wrote:
    ...except for when I kept telling you all, and you all went "LA LA LA - NO HE'S NOT CANCELLING". Good thing I got in touch with UCD myself, otherwise you all probably would've been showing up tonight for the gig. If it's any consolation, same thing is happening in virtually every other college - no wrong doing on Murphy's part, it's all misrepresentation by some 'rogue agent'.

We're eternally in your debt...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

note to self *ALWAYS* listen to NoelRock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

What I don't understand is why was it only today UDCSU anounced that the show was cancelled? Surely they must have known Murphy cancelled these shows in previous weeks so with a strong suspicion that he would cancel again.

They can't send out a message a week in advance saying: "We're not sure if Colin is playing or not, we'll let you know"!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

passive wrote:
    Ooh.. sounds mysterious and elaborate!

Anyway there'll be a medal in this for you Mr. Rock...mark my words!

Too right.
    DaveMcG wrote:
    We're eternally in your debt...

Too right.
    scraggs wrote:
    note to self *ALWAYS* listen to NoelRock

Too right.

--- Shame though, he's a funny guy!

They can't send out a message a week in advance saying: "We're not sure if Colin is playing or not, we'll let you know"!!

*clap clap* for yourself for deliberately twisting my words in such a funny sarcastic manner...!!!

Good for you funny guy!

:rolleyes:

Simplified:

Comedy gig organised
    The performer pulls out of other similar gigs
    ''Oh would he pull out of our gig?''
    UCDSU make some phone calls to see what's going on?
    Did they get a ''yeah he's definitely playing'' reply?

Hence someone (''rogue agent'') giving false promises providing the SU actually made an effort to find out what the exact situation was last week.

*clap clap* for yourself for deliberately twisting my words in such a funny sarcastic manner...!!!

Good for you funny guy!

:rolleyes:

Simplified:

Comedy gig organised

Hence someone (''rogue agent'') giving false promises providing the SU actually made an effort to find out what the exact situation was last week.

I used to sympathise with you and have even defended you on occasion. Now I realise you are just a sad sad person. Good luck with that. Here are some rolleyes for you since you seem so fond of them:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Simplified:

Comedy gig organised

This is mindless speculation btw.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I suppose you could say I'm reasonably close to ComedySoc. Close enough to be able to say (take this as the official line) that we unequivocably had no notice that Colin Murphy was going to cancel, and only found out the evening beforehand at approx 21.30.

We apologise to all of Colin's fans insofar as we can, but we would like to reassure everyone that Colin will be brought back by us after Christmas when there are no other Ents or promotions companies to deal with. This is the sort of thing that happens when you don't leave the bringing of comedy to campus to ComedySoc alone. It's what we do, and we're good at it.

Apologies, ComedySoc

I used to sympathise with you and have even defended you on occasion. Now I realise you are just a sad sad person. Good luck with that. Here are some rolleyes for you since you seem so fond of them:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh touche.

You seem to have some problem with me.

I've noticed on at least 3 occasions how you've posted a reply and quoted a post of mine (nobody anyone else singled out by you strangely enough) in an odd fashion.

That post of yours was the last straw. If you're going to give cheek prepare to recieve cheek back. ''Live by the sword die by the sword''

Now you insult me by saying ''you are just a sad sad person.''

Hmmm.... Ironic?

End of post, goodbye.

I've noticed on at least 3 occasions how you've posted a reply and quoted a post of mine (nobody anyone else singled out by you strangely enough) in an odd fashion
    This is a message board, that's what we do. Get over it.
    You seem to have some problem with me.
    I do. Your relentless moaning irritates me. (And others, in case you didn't notice.)
    Now you insult me by saying ''you are just a sad sad person.''
    Hmmm.... Ironic?
    I don't see the irony. Maybe it's a concept you don't fully understand.

This is a message board, that's what we do. Get over it.

We?

Singling out people and insult them because you feel like it is acceptable is it? Well if it gives you a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside then good for you sunshine.
    I do. Your relentless moaning irritates me. (And others, in case you didn't notice.)

Hopping on the ''f**k Zane'' bandwagon are we?

Well congrats on becoming this months ''oh lets make up a lie that Zane moans all the time because that person said last month that he does and the person the month before so I can say that and look intelligent'' superhero.

This f**ks me off big time. I do not moan ''relentlessly'', I do not insult people so I can feel good about myself and I contribute more than you so you can shut up there. Of course (I can't believe I have to use this line of sarcasm yet again) but it's like no one else ever ''moans'' here isn't it.

There's a big difference between expressing an honest opinion on a matter such as when you told me to shut it (and no one else who was saying the same things) on a thread about the SU and moaning for no reason. There you go, you learn something new every day don't ya!
    I don't see the irony. Maybe it's a concept you don't fully understand.

It is quite ironic that someone says about another person ''you are just a sad sad person.'' People who insult people in that manner are..... well exactly what you said yourself..... hence ironic. (99% of people would agree with me on that one)

Do you want carry on your flame war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

And yet another thread decends into pure shíte. How about you both get back on topic...although to be perfectly honest, i reckon its time to let the horse rest in peace.

Oh and for the record..there is no "fúck zane" bandwagon :rolleyes:

And yet another thread decends into pure shíte. How about you both get back on topic...although to be perfectly honest, i reckon its time to let the horse rest in peace.

Not my problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Fuck sake zane, would you ever quit moaning for once and give everyone some peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yeah Zane.

Not my problem.

Whats with the attitude Zane, seriously?

Nobody has it in for you, not every comment is a personal insult against you. This crap is getting really old folks.

How hard is it to have a bloody discussion without this shíte constantly happening?

Hold on a second. I replied to what I deem a stupid comment in an equally stupid manner. I didn't do much wrong as far as I'm concerned and I get f**ked again.

I could add something else here that I want to get off my chest but I'm keeping my mouth shut for a good reason until I'm in a position to do so.

Go on Peachy tell your buddies about this thread. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah Zane.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Could everyone please stopping focking Zane. This is a family joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

random moany bastard moaning

I agree. Come, witness the violence inherent in the system.

Yeah good on yas all for trying to get me to say something stupid so you can get me banned.

Hold on a second. I replied to what I deem a stupid comment in an equally stupid manner. I didn't do much wrong as far as I'm concerned and I get f**ked again.

I could add something else here that I want to get off my chest but I'm keeping my mouth shut for a good reason until I'm in a position to do so.

Go on Peachy tell your buddies about this thread. I'm looking forward to it.

lol.....oh. my.

just because people dont agree with you you automatically claim you're being picked on. time to grow up me thinks.

as for me telling my "buddies"....... grow up. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah Zane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement