Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amplifiers and speakers?

Options
  • 12-11-2005 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend me a decent low costing amplifier or reciever/DVD player preferably with speakers? I'm looking for decent a decent sound setup in my room and I don't want to start with Argos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

www.richersounds.ie would be my recommendation. You can get a Teac 6.1 or Pioneer 5.1 receiver for EUR199 and speaker packs from EUR120 for Yamaha, EUR200 for Sony, or EUR300 for Tannoy. I would recommend you go for the Yamaha or Sony speaker packs if you are on a budget and upgrade the speakers seperately over time as i did when i ventured into multichannel sound way back in 2000.
    I would stay away from the all in one dvd amp and speaker packs.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Agree with ffocused but if you do want to get an all in one system(amp+speakers not dvd) you cant get better than Logitech Z-5500 for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i have a pioneer VSX-D514, tons of bass and it rated at 100watts per channel, has dts and dolby digital
    cost €400 back in march.
    309983532300overview12hc.gif

But since then i think it has been updated with the new D515 model which has more features and is 6.1, actually its so cheap i may get one at some time :D
    l142300909wj.jpg

Its €287 excluding delievery at pixmania http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/113449/art/pioneer/vsx515-s-6-1-receiver.html#

BTW stay away from all in one packs as the sound isnt as good as a seperates setup, browse through pixmania as their prices are decent for what you get imo.

But this sony might be the exception if you have €233 to spend :D
    http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/135206/art/sony/ht-ddw670-5-1-home-cinema.html#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I'm afraid my budget is slightly lower than those prices. I should have included that in my original post. I'm looking for one preferably around the €100 mark. I'm not realy looking for a mondern one with a hell of a lot of features, just a simpler possibly older model with a couple of inputs and a decent enough power output.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i dont know but argos may have something, but tbh €100 is a very low budget.
    Why not wait till you save up an other bit and go for the sony one.
    At least it will last you longer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mr.sparkle

I got a pair for €300. Dublin is the best place to look for a decent pair.
    Limerick and Cork have good places to shop too but I would recommend Dublin.

Advertisement