Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange problem

• 12-11-2005 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Ive gotten a load of texts today asking me about some mms that people have received from me. The only problem is...I didnt send any messages. When I look in my sent folder it says ive been sending people "nokiaringtoner" and some other application. I have a Nokie 6600.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

may be the Com warrior virus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Uve got a virus on ur fone dude, u shud switch ur phone off and bring it into a mobile store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Alternatively if you restore factory settings think that will get rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

Tusky if you need it flashed I can help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

****. I havent installed any applications of late though....how did I get the virus ? Any idea if its dangerous ? Should I tell the people that have received the message not to open it or... ?

Flashed = resets it does it ? meaning I would lose all the stuff thats on the phone ?

• Advertisement

opr wrote:
    may be the Com warrior virus.

there is an application called comwarrior on my phone, just check :(

Tusky wrote:
    ****. I havent installed any applications of late though....how did I get the virus ? Any idea if its dangerous ? Should I tell the people that have received the message not to open it or... ?

Flashed = resets it does it ? meaning I would lose all the stuff thats on the phone ?
    Back up your stuff via Nokia PC Suite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Back up your stuff via Nokia PC Suite.
    Stupid question, but does that not also involve a high chance of backign the virus up also??

You got the virus through leaving your bluetooth on and an infected phone sending it to you. As a general rule leave bluetooth off unless you are using it (it'll also save your battery).

Does it actually cause any damage to the phone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Tusky wrote:
    Does it actually cause any damage to the phone ?

no it just wastes your credit. flashing is definitely the only way to get rid of it

• Advertisement

is there not an antivirus program to get rid of it ?

my sister got those messages too today on her o2 motorolla:confused:

Earthman wrote:
    my sister got those messages too today on her o2 motorolla:confused:
    What model is it Earthman?

Ive turned off MMS messaging for the moment.

Advertisement