Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Level Of Oficating In The EL

• 12-11-2005 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

i've been watching the derry match and gone to most rovers home(ish) games and found the reffing to be desired and thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

agree totally went to majority of bray gams this season and on only a few limited occasions have i left without a dodgy refeering decisio having played a big part in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

As the standards of the league improve along with facilities it is unfortunate the one thing which doesnt seem to have improved is the quality of the officials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Yet UEFA seems to think several of them or good enough to ref important games in Europe? Shocking really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Referee's are very poor, it can't be denied. Much as it pains me to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Am I right in recalling that the IFA once even had a ref at the world cup finals? Snoddy I think his names was. I can't see any of our lot being at that level atm? Have we ever had a ref that did WCF/CL level games? :confused:

Actually now that I think of it Snoddy was reffing in England at the time iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Eddie Foley ran the line at France 98.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I don't rate the standard of officiating very highly in the eL but TBH what league in the world has great referees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

All leagues suffer the same thing, ever seen a dodgy decision go for you and complain about it? Nope not many will.

Seen some special penos tho or goals allowed people going by on buses spotted as being fine.

kdjac

Advertisement