Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRAI / LRRA Debate thread

Options
  • 11-10-2007 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Right Lads and Lady!

I’ve been watching with interest for the last wee while all the comings and goings on the boards here, and I feel that it is my time to give my 2 cents worth...

For a forum that is mostly concerned with the male of the species (except of course for the gorgeous Boudica) I must admitted that I do find it highly amusing that there is more bitchen going on here than between two auld ones over Dunne’s vs. Penny’s prices down the local bingo hall...
    aging_173_01-6.jpg

Maybe it is the fact that I’m a lady shooter (*waves at Boudica*) or maybe its because I haven’t yet (and don’t intend) to become embroiled in the political warfare insueing or maybe its just my personality but I would like to take the opportunity to focus on the good in the shooting world.

I was introduced in this highly addictive sport almost two years ago by an ex (I’d post as to why he was my ex but from my experience ye men get bored very quickly with the over analysis of relationships...feel free to pm me Boudica for the nitty gritty :rolleyes: )!!My discipline is purely .22 target shooting (I do that this doesn’t lose me respect with the ‘big’ boys) and am a paid member of the Midland Nation Shooting Centre of Ireland. This Club from what I can see has not been receiving the praise that it should be. The facilities are always up to a very high standard and they are always working tirelessly to develop them. There’s always someone around to help whether that’s setting a scope or lending you a jacket on a cold day on the line! A safe atmosphere is at the shooters disposal, a far cry from a farmers field with a box or rock for setting your rifle on that my brother as a young lad had to indure. The atmosphere is always friendly and welcoming and I would really like to take this opportunity to say to all the lads and woman over there that gives up there spare time to dedicated to the range and trying and succeeding in making it better and better every year.

The politics of this board does not concern me in any way and my only relation to the club is membership and monthly visits, so all I’m doing is giving credit where credit is due.

I apologise if this shocks :eek: all of the begrudgers but it has needed to be said for a while now.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement