Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteors pathetic website.

• 12-11-2005 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

It seems to spend half its time down in some form.

Last week or so the settings page has been giving an internal server error. Doesn't seem like they are in any rush whatsoever to fix it :mad:

I need settings for a Moto e1000 and I can't get them over the phone, so onlines the only option and I can't use it!

If its not that, the site nearly always has something wrong with it! I've never had any problems in other areas really but their crappy site really bugs me...

Does anyone know anywhere else I'd get motorola mms and gprs settings for meteor?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

It seems to spend half its time down in some form.

Last week or so the settings page has been giving an internal server error. Doesn't seem like they are in any rush whatsoever to fix it :mad:

I need settings for a Moto e1000 and I can't get them over the phone, so onlines the only option and I can't use it!

If its not that, the site nearly always has something wrong with it! I've never had any problems in other areas really but their crappy site really bugs me...

Does anyone know anywhere else I'd get motorola mms and gprs settings for meteor?

www.hellomoto.com, operator settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

skearon wrote:
    www.hellomoto.com, operator settings
    Or you could try callin them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bond-007 wrote:
    Or you could try callin them.
    I need settings for a Moto e1000 and I can't get them over the phone

he did call them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

I've been using the settings page on the site three or four times in the last two weeks... I haven't had a problem with it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

General Meteor Settings

IP. - 010.085.085.085
    APN - wap.mymeteor.ie, mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username - my
    Password - wap
    Homepage - http://mms.mymeteor.ie, http://wap.mymeteor.ie

That's pretty much it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks chrislad I'll give those general settings a try, they are what I was looking for anyway.

Tried the Moto site, thanks for the link, but settings just never arrived...:(

Got the settings from hellomoto, phone will not let me install them...

I tried manually inputting those settings, still doesn't work either..... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

On the subject of crap wesite. Why did they get rid of the 'view calls' options where you could check how much you spent on particular people etc. That was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

alantc wrote:
    On the subject of crap wesite. Why did they get rid of the 'view calls' options where you could check how much you spent on particular people etc. That was great.

That IS great, still there now, just checked :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

@MobileInfantry

I doubt you'll get the e1000 working on meteor. As a matter of interest, can it even make calls on it?? Getting lots of feedback on unlocked 3G phones and most wont work with Meteor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

My issue with the Meteor website is that it's not very well laid out - like it could be alot more comprehensive but it isn't. For example why haven't they included with the billpay tariffs details of the Meteor Extra text and voice add-ons? Also its not updated that often - like you read some press release about Meteor in the paper but when you check the website details aren't there until a good few days afterwards

wolfman wrote:
    @MobileInfantry

I doubt you'll get the e1000 working on meteor. As a matter of interest, can it even make calls on it?? Getting lots of feedback on unlocked 3G phones and most wont work with Meteor

I've been using it a week and a half now and no problems whatsoever. I text and make many calls daily. The only problem I've encountered is the MMS. There is the option to input your own settings but even with the standard Meteor WAP and MMS settings I cannot send or receive anything. I've tried to get the settings for the phone off the hellometo site. The site actually has settings for the Meteor Network for the E1000 but some firmware versions of the phone don't allow remote settings, so I guess mine falls within that category as the phone won't allow me open the received settings.....

....sucks. :(

Apart from that though, the phone works great on Meteor, no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

gurramok wrote:
    That IS great, still there now, just checked :)

Where!?!?! I can only select between sms or calls and which month. I'm prepay if it makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Yeah that's crap that you can't do that anymore.
    They also don't show the record of your free messages to other Meteor people anymore either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Does it matter anymore MI? your selling the phone anyway!

liamskater wrote:
    Does it matter anymore MI? your selling the phone anyway!

I decided to sell the phone due to the mms issue. I love the phone to be honest but it'd drive me nuts without multimedia as I get quite a few a day....

Advertisement