Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a PSP

Options
  • 12-11-2005 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Right im in a bit of a rut here :mad: . I currently have the option to buy an American PSP, as my friend is currently in the states. Ive been trying to get one here but all the shops seem to be sold out which has left me feeling a bit bitter. Im concerned that there might be problems bringing over an american PSP to europe. Would I have to buy a new charger etc? Im aware that the games are region free atm but ive heard that they might change that. Also will I be able to 'connect' to european PSP's with WLAN to play games etc. Anyone importers care to shed some light on the subject from experiences etc. All help appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Stormfox1020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Ireland...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

where in ireland are you?

Naas, Kildare. I cant see why your asking these questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

What are you wearing?

If you do import one you will only need to use an adapter on the plug, the charger is multi voltage. You should have no problems connecting to EU PSP's as long as the games you are using are from the same region.

• Advertisement

Ah savage, thanks Ciaran. Oh and by the way just incase anyone else wants to help me , Im 6'2, 14 1/2 Stone and Have Dark Hair :rolleyes: . /wierdos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i asked because the whole country isnt sold out. Waterford still has some floating about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

yeah i asked for the same reason im pretty sure they have them in extravision in balbriggan

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've got a US PSP and there are now issues with it aside from the fact that it will only play US UMD movies. This, however, is a benefit as they are much cheaper than their European counterparts and there is a wider selection. The charging unit just need either a travel convertor or a euro plug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Right im in a bit of a rut here :mad: . I currently have the option to buy an American PSP, as my friend is currently in the states. Ive been trying to get one here but all the shops seem to be sold out which has left me feeling a bit bitter. Im concerned that there might be problems bringing over an american PSP to europe. Would I have to buy a new charger etc? Im aware that the games are region free atm but ive heard that they might change that. Also will I be able to 'connect' to european PSP's with WLAN to play games etc. Anyone importers care to shed some light on the subject from experiences etc. All help appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Stormfox1020

if you just searched the boards or anywhere for that matter, there questions have been asked over and over and over, if you want to buy UMD movies in the shops and watch them dont buy a US PSP, games and power are compatible.

I personly think the DS games are much better, I havent played PSP in ages the batter is bad, to get movies onto it in mp4 format is a pain and did I mention the games are not the best, you have played them all before on the PS2

• Advertisement
Advertisement