Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposal for New Governing Body!

Options
  • 12-11-2005 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

I propose a founding a new group which will be called I.R.A.

The "Irish Rifle Association" will be an inclusive North-South Gay/Lesbian/Straight Unisex pan nationalist/Unionist all Ireland and eccumenical body.

Suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

I propose a founding a new group which will be called I.R.A.

The "Irish Rifle Association"
    Suggestions welcome.

hum for some reson i dont think it will work lol!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

You forgot transsexuals which will rule out Boudica. What about commercial operations?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

The leadership of Comhlachas Raidhfil na hÉireann refutes all allegations of discrimination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I'd be afraid to see their version of 'Cowboy Action Shooting'!:(
    CAS is huge in America (and some other places) and is a celebration of shooting in their history and heritage, involving the use of single action revolvers, lever action rifles, and side by side shotguns, in 'practical' Old West type shooting scenarios.

The Irish Rifle Association's version of this would probably include such shooting disciplines as- Sawn Off Shotgun Bank Robbery, Concealed Handgun Kneecapping, .50BMG Short Range Sniping, etc, etc.
    Side events for the kiddies might include things like 'Internal Disciplinary Procedure' using either the traditional hurley or the recently sanctioned baseball bat, and 'Identifying Legitimate Targets' for the adults to use in their games, listed above.

AND, they have a mandate going back to the first Dáil (or something)!
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Came across such a web site once,in the early stages of the Internet.It was exactly what you said it was/is.A site for our local "freedom fighters".All the usual balaclavad ones family snaps of them brandishing AKs and M16s.
    About as funny as finding Hitler in a syangouge.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You guys do realise, there was an Irish Rifle Association? Predated the modern olympics, around the time of the first Creedmore matches...

Sparks wrote:
    You guys do realise, there was an Irish Rifle Association? Predated the modern olympics, around the time of the first Creedmore matches...
    Spoilsport :(

Anyhow, I think our new one is funnier :D

Two more events they could run-
    Hiding The Armalite, and Colombian Birdwatching.

i'd also like to add the .50BMG is legal for deer, so say these people on the mainland! Which is great news for some recommissioning

http://www.dcs.gov.uk/BestPractice/gd_fballisticschart.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

i'd also like to add the .50BMG is legal for deer
    :eek:
    What's left when you've hit the poor sod, deer jam? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Suppose we could call it the Regional Irish Rifle Association:D :D:D

• Advertisement

Suppose we could call it the Regional Irish Rifle Association:D :D:D
    The Regional Irish Rifle Association?????????

<spit>
    Phtooooooooo........

SPLITTER!
    popularf4hf.jpg

:D

I'd like to present our esteemed chairman having won a recent competition.

Advertisement