Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours Pup

Options
  • 12-11-2005 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently living in an apt 2 floors above some of the most horrible people I've ever met. They live on the ground floor and because of this they have a reasonable sized garden. In August they got a very young pup, which they kept in a cardboard box in the garden, a few days later they got a 2nd pup (very obviously from a different litter). I guess it was to stop the 1st one from crying all night.

The pups were kept outside and ignored most of the day, they were rarely fed, living in a cardboard box and reluctant to leave the rubbish covered patio as the rest of the garden is basically just 3 foot high nettles. After a few weeks they found away into the garden nextdoor, which is much smaller than their own but has a proper lawn that they loved running about on. From there they could get into the next garden. Both of the neighbours would play with them and feed them and we used to buy dog food to give to them on days when their owners left for the entire day without feeding them.

About a month ago the 1st, much smaller pup was taken. I suspect one of the neighbours found a home for her. Since then the 2nd pup has been all alone, he spends about 2/3's if not more of the day on his own on the patio. He has grown too big to fit under the fence so he can't even run around anymore. He wasn't taken on a single walk until last week. His owners don't work but they pretty much fight constantly. We are two floors above them and the glasses in our cupboards start vibrating from the way the argue. The pup either sits behind their garden rubbish looking upset when they fight, or else he just barks non stop. The reason that I haven't called the RSPCA (we're in UK) is that I have seen the violent way they react to neighbours, traffic wardens and street cleaners who confront them on anything.

The thing is we are moving in a few weeks and myself and the bf are becoming very reluctant to leave the dog where he is. I can't bear seeing the way he is treated or how lonely and sad he is. I don't think the RSPCA will have much luck with them if we call them. And I wouldn't like to see him put down as he is a lovely puppy. Has anybody any suggestions or advice?

Oh and the people took away the cardboard box so now he just sleeps on the rubbish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I know if it was me I'd take the dog. Scumbags like that don't deserve to have anything not even respect. If you try and do it legally the poor dog will suffer and, to be honest, they wouldn't even miss the dog.

Advertisement