Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me some music!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

You could always use the website mentioned in the free mp3 thread ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054851268 ) to help you find some new music. Its good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Using it right now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 [[.Akiko™.]]

Gothic Female Leads....Try Forever Slave, Leaves' Eyes, After Forever, Abigails Mercy, Visions of Atlantis (personal fav) :D
    Theyre all pretty good ^-^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 [[.Akiko™.]]

Oops forgot bout j-rock
    I would recommmend Gazette, Malice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois
    And Miyavi...but check the others first
    But Dir En Grey have to be the best :D it woudl be hard to beat them x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Check out Lordi...the 'Get Heavy' album particularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

maybe be try some novembre, classica album is great or novembrine waltz album

really melodic stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Some good stuff mentioned so far. On top of that I'll throw in a nice mix of...

3 Inches Of Blood - Advance and Vanquish,
    Arch Enemy - any of their albums with Angela Gossow fronting
    Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - "Autumn's Grief" and "The River Flows Frozen" are two great mellow tracks
    Alter Bridge - One Day Remains

Also if you wanted to branch out you could try some of the better/heavier metalcore stuff from the likes of Lamb Of God, As I Lay Dying, Unearth, All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage and God Forbid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

Definitely agree with the mad capsule markets, especially the osc:dis album. j rock madnesss at its best.
    For something a little unusual, id go with deadsy. Weird style full on metal mixed with 80's synth pop ..bizarre, but very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Check out Amon Amarth, they're like power, death and melodic death metal rolled into one.
    And as always, AT THE GATES! Go for Slaughter Of The Soul or Terminal Spirit Disease first. I'll never get tired of listening to that band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Opeth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I'm not one for female fronted metal on the whole, especially Arch Enemy type stuff. However, Madder Mortem are absolutely amazing, really really nice, atmospheric yet lively stuff with clean female vocals.

Advertisement