Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blondie

• 12-11-2005 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Well.....anybody like them and anybody actually going to see them in december?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hell yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Riotguy

hell yeah to both questions or???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i like em but i'm not going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I don't like them, but I am going.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Riotguy wrote:
    hell yeah to both questions or???

both...and their new stuff is good so even if they dont play too many old songs it'll still be great

• Advertisement

Are the tickets something like 50 euro? I really wanna go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I wouldn't mind going but I would prefer to know more of their stuff.

Tickets are around the 55 mark alright. Same for most (commercially successfull) old bands that get back together.

Should be good though.

Bought Greatest hits:Sight and Sound today.....deadly! Some of the stuff that woman wears is so ****in cool

Riotguy wrote:
    Some of the stuff that woman wears is so ****in cool
    Don't expect much of that at the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

I'm going. I can't wait. I've been dying to see them live since I was about 12. Finally I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

I'm going. Seen them lots of times and they're excellent live.

Anyone know if there's tickets left still?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Yes.
    €49.50? wtf????????
    www.ticketmaster.ie

Yeah i don't think i'm gonna go after all. Tis a tad expensive and well I don't know many people going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

The Blondie gigs rock, much heavier live than the recordings, various choice Ramones covers thrown in last time I saw them at Vicar St, best facelift about - no contest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

The Blondie gigs rock, much heavier live than the recordings, various choice Ramones covers thrown in last time I saw them at Vicar St, best facelift about - no contest!

Exactly right Frankie, totally different band to the records, faster, louder and more faithful to their CBGB roots. As long as she does'nt wear those shorts again :eek:

Any idea on support ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

Great memory Johnny, that nappy type thing did nothing for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Debbie's 150 at least!

Still she look fabulous at 33 in 1978!

swoon!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 War Child

For info of everyone out there, Debbie turned 60 last summer, still looks fabulous despite the occasional dodgy outfit, and their gigs are still woirth going to. Get your tickets and head down to the Olympia.
    Wish I was going to be there but can't get a standing ticket for 19th (tried Ticketmaster and eBay and Scarlet Mist, etc.) and defintely don't want to sit down - gigs are 4 standing up and dancing .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Try sound cellar beside Trinity.

Advertisement