Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in Douglas, Cork

• 13-11-2005 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Hi,

checking this for a friend.

I've checked http://www.broadband.gov.ie/bbinfo/home.aspx already but cannot get a list of providers specific to Douglas, just a general list for the city.

Anyone here have BB in Douglas, Cork?

If so, what provider & what's the service like?

thanks for any info you can provide.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'm with Netsouce who resell Eircom. Its working great for me. Downloads tend to be 214kb/sec, pings are usually around 30ms ~ 35ms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

i have irishbroadband in douglas. I think chorus is in some parts of douglas also. The Eircom Exchange in Douglas seems to be 'over subscribed' according to smart telecom. i have tried all but irish broadband is the only one i could get.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

if his line passes he can choose from any number of eircom resellers, go for esat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I'm on UTV 2MB in Douglas.

Excellent download speeds, pings aren't great, but it doesn't affect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bungeecork

Nova should be available to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

yeah i've hat BT 2mb broadband for a while now,
    very happy, nice consistant d/l speeds, pings of 30-60 usually..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Stay away from IrishBroadband for a start, Have a look at digiweb.ie metro service, and also novanetworks, they both supply around the douglas area. Also any of the dsl broadband will be available to you. I would go for Metro but it would depend on what your going to be using it for etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Tronix

Using UTV 1 MB on the Douglas exchange . Works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

I'll pass on the info

Advertisement