Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Pat Dolan stay with Waterford United?

• 13-11-2005 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering what the eircom leaguers here think about the chances of Pat Dolan wanting to do another club building job with Waterford?

I heard him on local radio seconds after the final whistle and the guy was in tears, talking about how great the fans and players had respnded to his arrival, etc.

Maybe its wishful thinking on my part, but is there any possibility of Pat staying to guide Waterford to Champions League Glory?

Think of it.. Packie Holden saves the penalty in the RSC against Real Madrid.. giving us the 1-0 win we need to meet Milan in the final..

Cmon Pat!! The dream is possible!!! (lol..:p I cant keep a straight face, mon blues!!!!!!!!)

Will Pat Dolan stay with Waterford?? 10 votes

YES
    0% 0 votes
    NO
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Trotter wrote:
    Maybe its wishful thinking on my part, but is there any possibility of Pat staying to guide Waterford to Champions League Glory?

Maybe just yeah...

I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed but if a bigger job comes available I'm sure he'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Wonder what he could do with that team with a full season. He's certainly done a magical job there, and I hate to say it, but fair play to the fat man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Jim gannon tonight resigned and pat dolan is the favrite for the job , he is who the people want to see at the club.Im hoping and praying he gets the job :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Sarge wrote:
    Jim gannon tonight resigned and pat dolan is the favrite for the job , he is who the people want to see at the club.Im hoping and praying he gets the job :)
    I'm with you Sarge. But I don't see it :(

I don't think he would leave a Premier Club for a First Division side. It just wouldn't make sense.

• Advertisement

Where as dundalk dont have the money to bring in the players as such , we are still pay the highest wage then any other 1st division team and with the cut backs made to the squad would make enough money to bring in dolan , anyone else at the dundalk job would be failure . Its a chance that doesnt come around often we have this chance to bring this man to the club. PLEASE BRING HIM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

i reckon dolan might stay with the blues
    All his interviews were just so emotional and i tink he might want to prove a point to the munster rivals that he left......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dunno what his situation is at Waterford but if he doesn't stay there, I'd welcome him with open arms to Shamrock Rovers. I reckon he's a great manager and is single handily responsible for Waterford staying up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

"Will Pat Dolan stay with Waterford?"

Forever like? I doubt it.

^Thanks for that. For all who are interested (pp_me), eL weekly is on TV3 tonight so you can catch the goals and reactions there. Apparently Brian Kerr is going to be on it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭shelsfan

Trotter wrote:
    I heard him on local radio seconds after the final whistle and the guy was in tears

I would be in tears too if I was getting €1k/€2k a week and a bonus of around €40k for staying up :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    ^Thanks for that. For all who are interested (pp_me), eL weekly is on TV3 tonight so you can catch the goals and reactions there. Apparently Brian Kerr is going to be on it too.
    what time

Hands trembling lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Brian Kerr for the Dundalk job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

I hope Dolan stays. The man kept us up single-handedly and I would love to see what he could do with a full season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Brian Kerr for the Dundalk job!
    didnt he say he never wants to work in Ireland again

Brain kerr will not be the next dundalk manager even i sensed the sarcasism in that post ;)

but pat dolan just might :D

Brian Kerr is going down the Dolan road of flogging our players to England. Trying to get Brighton interested in Joey Ndo. :(

pp_me129 wrote:
    what time

Hands trembling lol

11.25, but sometimes it starts a few minutes early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

I read about him being committed to Setanta so he won't be able to join les bleus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Brian Kerr is going down the Dolan road of flogging our players to England. Trying to get Brighton interested in Joey Ndo. :(

Oh that made me chuckle indeed, arent all "your" players either English or came back from england? Considering how Shels go about growing talent and only using their youths.... oh you buy in the best always have always will. Not really in a position to bitch about anyone trying to move on.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Kerr was talking to Mark McGhee at the Shels match and someone puts 2 and 2 together, picks Shels best player and Kerr is pimping him? Considering Kerr regularly phoned the likes of Richie Partridge I'd be pretty sure he would have at least once called McGee to ask about Paul McShane. He's hardly going to ignore him when they're both at the Shels match. There'll be lots of English managers coming over to Ireland since the Doyle transfer.

KdjaC wrote:
    Oh that made me chuckle indeed, arent all "your" players either English or came back from england? Considering how Shels go about growing talent and only using their youths.... oh you buy in the best always have always will. Not really in a position to bitch about anyone trying to move on.

kdjac
    I am in a position to bitch when I hear that BK was there solely to show off Joey Ndo. :v: I am biased tho, I do love Ndo! ;)

Im going to jump in here instead of starting up a new thread , Dermot Keely is the 2/1 favorite for the dundalk job now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

eeeentersting!

Advertisement