Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone have new ipod video yet ?

Options
  • 13-11-2005 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hi all toolman here.

just wondering does anyone own an ipod photo yet - and if so could they do me a favour - i have a 3mb file in mp4 format that i encoded and i need to test it to see if it will work on the ipod (i have no access to an ipod photo) and i dont want to buy one only to find it cannot play the mp4 files that i have.

thanks.

toolman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

There was a whole thread over on Head-Fi (Portable) about encoding movies for the 5th gen iPod

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=142478&highlight=iPod+Video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Just post the file and I or someone else will tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

there is a program called Isquint (freeware) that will do it for you if you have a Mac, really simple program, converts it into the correct size for the Ipod, uses Mpeg4 not the h.264 version.....but that's not what you want..

I will be getting mine in a couple of weeks but doubt you want to wait that long....try ilounge forum, lots of American folk who will help you out...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

I have one so if you want to post it I'll test it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Hi, I have the iPod Video 5G - I assume this is the iPod you are referring to. I use the following program to convert my AVI files and they work perfectly on my iPod!

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/

This converter is free and is regarded as the best iPod converter around.
    I also bought the AV lead for my iPod and can watch full screen video on my widescreen TV at home. This is the best gadget I've ever invested. If you're thinking of getting an iPod video, I say, just go for it, it's the biz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 toolman

hi all thanks for all the help

only checked back today - i found the archos dma400 30gb version on ebay for €450 - a bit of a bargain so i went for it instead because it has orginiser functions etc.

anyone own one of the archos av400 range and if so what encoders do you use for the video apart from using the archos transcoder that is on thier site. i am refering expecially to direct converting of .vb files into compatable format for the archos and also from mpeg to the archos.

just wondering which programmes you have found to be the best for the job.

thanks.

toolman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Does anyone know a way to copy videos to the ipod without using iTunes?

Advertisement