Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleaning a leather couch

Options
  • 13-11-2005 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

whats the best way to clean a leather couch? Either simple soap and water way or with a product designed for cleaning leather? Just don't want to do anything stupid!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I use Autoglym leather cleaner on the car seats.....spray on, wipe off with damp cloth and buff. Can be got in most auto factors.

Follow it up with Autoglym cream to bring back that soft supple leather feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Baby wipes....seriously they are brilliant...I use them all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

snaps wrote:
    whats the best way to clean a leather couch? Either simple soap and water way or with a product designed for cleaning leather? Just don't want to do anything stupid!
    Lidl had a full range of horsey stuff in stock a few weeks ago, I got some saddle soap, great gear for cleaning leather furniture, they also had a polishing cream also good,...some stores may still have some in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

heard saddle soap is meant to be excellent....definately, if you clean the leather you should use leather cream on it after to get the moisture back into it

• Advertisement
Advertisement