Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a PSP emulate a PS?

Options
  • 13-11-2005 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

I'm thinkin of buyin one and I like the idea of the emulators but if it can play PS stuff then I'll definatly get one so can it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

what do yu mean by PS? playstation 1?
    doubt thats possible. you'd need an emulator and a copy of the cd on mem stick and i dont think this exists (yet...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Havin an ISO on a mem stick would be easy, it's the emulator I guess, they not port over ePSXe emulator?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not a simple case of adding a small amount of code and shoving it on a mem stick with an iso. The fact that it hasn't been ported and there haven't been any decent releases of PS1 emulators means it must be very difficult. PS1 emulation isn't perfect on the PC. It will be a long time or probably never before a Ps1 PSP emulator is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

never gonna happen/
    ever ever ever ever ever ever
    EVER !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i doubt we'll ever see it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The way sony keep forcing firmware updates to play shiny new games and conveniently break the ability to use homebrew/emulators won't help either. That was the best selling point of the PSP for me, I was going to get one and was looking forward to playing all the old classic adventure games on it via scummvm... but sony just turned me off it, the asshats.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stephen wrote:
    That was the best selling point of the PSP for me, I was going to get one and was looking forward to playing all the old classic adventure games on it via scummvm... but sony just turned me off it, the asshats.

You need a GP2X. It's roughly as powerful as a PSP and built around the ethos of home-deving and emulation. It also has built in TV output. Check out www.gp2x.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

and should cost half the price of a psp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Considering the psp still can't nail SNES emulation 100% then I think ps1 is very doubtful

Advertisement