Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing Bullet

• 13-11-2005 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭

Just bought myself an Amazing Bullet. Anyone else got one? What food do you make in it? I made cocktails yesterday and they were super!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Where did you buy it? I watched the infomercial in the US last year, and I've been wanting one since :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's one of those things that you really want at 3 o'clock in the morning when eating your curry chips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

BuffyBot wrote:
    Where did you buy it? I watched the infomercial in the US last year, and I've been wanting one since :D
    I'm sure I saw one in Dunnes a few weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anyone care to enlighten me as to what an Amazing Bullet is....? :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I think you can get them in Ann Summers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

A shop in Rathmines Swan Shopping Centre have them, it's one of the shops near where the music shop is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Hagar wrote:
    I think you can get them in Ann Summers...
    Caused lol.

Can someone explain to me why they feel it is more convenient than a regular blender? I feel it has too many bits and pieces that could get lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Shabadu wrote:
    Can someone explain to me why they feel it is more convenient than a regular blender?

The only differences I can see over a full-on food processor is that you have lotsa cutsie "vessels", so that you can prepare multiple different things in a row without having to wash out a single blender / processor container.
    You can microwave/freeze the stuff in these containers too. And its cheaper.

It seems like the Foreman grill to me. Very useful to some market-segment that I'm not in.

I'd rather spend the cash on adding another goldhamster to my collection, tbh.

Bonkey- you hit the nail on the head, as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

BuffyBot wrote:

Dunnes €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Shabadu wrote:

Can someone explain to me why they feel it is more convenient than a regular blender? I feel it has too many bits and pieces that could get lost.

You can make a smoothie in the actual cup you will be drinking out of - less mess to clean up!

I just use my hand held blender for everything. Including making smoothies directly in a pint glass, blending soup, making mayonnaise, etc.

The obvious bonus is that it is tiny, cheaper, no fiddly attatchments, and you don't have any volume constraints. That tall cup is no good when you're making soup for a load of hungry men. :)

Bought mine today..so far so good. Very useful for someone who is making small quantities for stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have fond memories of this... purely because myself and my friend sat up til about 5am drinking and watching tv when in California last summer and watched this infomercial and were in awe of how good it was. Always thought it was a bit pricey though, otherwise I would have ordered one right then.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

I have fond memories of this... purely because myself and my friend sat up til about 5am drinking and watching tv when in California last summer and watched this infomercial and were in awe of how good it was. Always thought it was a bit pricey though, otherwise I would have ordered one right then.

Yeah, I love the infomercial. It's one of the best (read: worst) infomercials I've ever seen! I love yer man Verman(sp?) "I hate broccolli!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got mine in dunnes for €40. Works well but it is a fairly poor quality product (component wise). The motor must be very poor, says to use for 60 seconds max. The silicone sealing ring in the shop was broken, I was being careful with mine but it broke on its 3rd use. But I then found it was not needed anyway! water will not escape when it is tight with no silicone ring.
    I am pleased with it. I do small amounts like 1 onion, garlic and mayo in it or a small bit of soup. I hated my big blender as things got "lost" in it, e.g it needed to be pretty full or things would fly off against the walls and lids and not get blended. My old blender had 4 large items to clean each time, with the bullet I put the container with a small bit of washing up liquid in the microwave with a little water, then recap it and shake with the blade on, then rinse. You also do not loose stuff to the sides, i.e. stuff clinging to the large blender got rinsed out when washing.
    I would have perfered a lot more smaller containers to come with it.

it would cost €85 from the website which is crazy. €40 is about right.

Advertisement