Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.17 Hmr

Options
  • 13-11-2005 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

I am thinking about trading in my .22lr brno for a .17 rimfire. Does anybody out there have a .17?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

i was thinking of buying a barrel for my .22wmr to fit .17 dont know how good an idea it is doubt it will make a whole lot of difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

jcatony wrote:
    I am thinking about trading in my .22lr brno for a .17 rimfire. Does anybody out there have a .17?

Sort and sweet, .17 is a much much better round then a .22LR or .22Mag
    I personal would got for the .17

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Have a look at the new sako quad, interchangeable barrels, .22,.22 mag, .17
    not sure what other calibre is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Kimber

Have a beautiful Ruger .17HMR S/A
    Had it made in the states and shipped it over.
    Deadly Accurate. 0-140 Metres Flat Trajectory.
    It's just one of those firearms you know you will never get rid of.
    Clarke Custom in the US modify the .22 Mag to this Calibre.
    Sweet.....
    Regards,

the only reason i can think of that makes the .22wmr better is the heavier bullets i use 40g jhp and they take down a fox no problem but if your handy with a 17 you should have no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

I have a 22LR and have had the pleasure of firing a .17 and other the noise level the .17 is a much better round. Shooting Grey’s in high winds at about 75 yards with devastating results.
    Don’t get me wrong I’ll never part with my .22LR for the short range vermin shooting I do, silence is golden and all that but I would go with the .17

i was under the impression that the .17 suffer greatly from wind due to the light 23g bullets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

Bought cz .17 hmr last year. Verry accurate best shot was a magpie @ 180 yards ;) (on a calm day). Shots in and around 100 - 150yards you will know notice the difference it hits harder - a lot harder!

A clean killing machine

i thought that a .17 had less killing power than a .22wmr at those distances but the .17 travels much faster

how much is a box because you can buy ballistic tip .22wmr bullets that travel faster than the standard ones

Advertisement