Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tracksuits?

• 13-11-2005 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

why is it that the majority of people in most parts of Dublin wear little else than those bloody tracksuits, they are obviously not athletes.

I travel extensively and have never seen people wearing tracksuits except perhaps Leeds.

Why does everyone want to look the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

dont get that in dundalk too much tahnk god!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

why is it that the majority of people in most parts of Dublin wear little else than those bloody tracksuits?
    way to generalise! why is it that most people outside of dublin wear wellies, cloth caps, arran jumpers and wax jackets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

^^ :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

haven't worn a tracksuit in year probably bout 10 years, but from what i remember they were as comfortable as anything else.

if clothes are comfortable people will wear them, so what if they aren't athletes.

i'm sure not all people who wear dubarry's (not starting a war) are sailers.
    i'm sure not all people who wear skate shoes are skaters.
    i'm sure not all people who ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I dont really care that they want to look like sheep being herded down the road, but some1 should tell them they look horrible :p .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

... and don't forget, not everyone who wears a suit is respectable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

and not every woman who wears a Garda uniform is a strip-a-gram...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I have to say I wear tracksuits, well not full tracksuits just tracksuit bottoms as I find them very comfortable. And no it's not to be part of some stereotypical skanger demographic or anything, I can't stand those type of eejits, as I said it's a comfort thing. Also my weight tends to fluctuate from time to time so I don't have to keep going out and buying new clothes if i've lost or gained a bit of weight as tracksuits will normally fit you whatever size you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I gotta say,I really hate tracksuits! I'd never wear one outside but I'd wear them on lazy,lying around days.

My boyfriend wears them all the time but he plays lots of sports etc. However,he wears them even when he's not playing sports because he just finds them comfortable. He's in no way trying to look good or fashionable because he doesn't give a crap!

Personally,I prefer to wear more fashionable clothes but that's just me! In fairness though,if I didn't think they looked so awful I'd probably live in them because of the comfort factor! It's vanity that stops me. Tis a pity really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

they look horrible so I guess looking well is not a priority. Also they seem to be worn by the lower socio-economic groups, so perhaps it is a financial issue also?

• Advertisement

Crumbs, and they are usually paired up with these "trainers", *shiver*.

Irish people referring to others as being vain or 'she loves herself!' is a throwback to another era, just like sex is dirty.

The issue is that if people don't care how they look, what else don't they care about? manners perhaps?

In the more evolved countries of Europe people take pride in dressing well, a French woman would never wear a tracksuit except for the gym or the tennis court. (and they are considered they most stylish in the world).

It's a matter of self respect to be well groomed and presentable. Whats so uncomfortable about trousers or a skirt? I have seen many g strings peeping over the track suit bottoms, these are hardly comfortable are they?

Irish people referring to others as being vain or 'she loves herself!' is a throwback to another era, just like sex is dirty.

The issue is that if people don't care how they look, what else don't they care about? manners perhaps?

In the more evolved countries of Europe people take pride in dressing well, a French woman would never wear a tracksuit except for the gym or the tennis court. (and they are considered they most stylish in the world).

It's a matter of self respect to be well groomed and presentable. Whats so uncomfortable about trousers or a skirt? I have seen many g strings peeping over the track suit bottoms, these are hardly comfortable are they?
    I do agree with you,tracksuits are horrible imo and I don't know why some people wear them,thinking that they look well,however,what do you care if a person wears a tracksuit simply because they find it the most comfortable thing to wear?

If they're not on their way to court or work or on a night out then what does it matter what they wear?

Personally,I do take pride in my appearance and I like to look well and respectable when I go out. However,it's not as if everyone who wears a tracksuit is totally unrespectable! That's just a prejudice that's become too extreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Cremo wrote:
    haven't worn a tracksuit in year probably bout 10 years, but from what i remember they were as comfortable as anything else.

if clothes are comfortable people will wear them, so what if they aren't athletes.

i'm sure not all people who wear dubarry's (not starting a war) are sailers.
    i'm sure not all people who wear skate shoes are skaters.
    i'm sure not all people who ....

well said

i wear tracksuits and im not a scumbag and i do wear them even if im not playing sports. They are comfortable.

and someone said it might be a financial thing, i doubt it sinse they cost about €100!! altough i only buy tracksuit bottoms, not tops

well said

i wear tracksuits and im not a scumbag and i do wear them even if im not playing sports. They are comfortable.

and someone said it might be a financial thing, i doubt it sinse they cost about €100!! altough i only buy tracksuit bottoms, not tops

If a plastic bag was comfortable would you wear that :p .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

they look horrible so I guess looking well is not a priority. Also they seem to be worn by the lower socio-economic groups, so perhaps it is a financial issue also?

Tracksuits aren't exactly cheap, you could get an outfit of normal clothes from Penneys for a whole lot less so I don't think it's a financial thing tbh.

I hate tracksuits too and don't get why people wear them because they know people will just generalize and think they're knackers(which I would say the majority are).
    LadyJ wrote:
    I do take pride in my appearance and I like to look well and respectable when I go out
    You certainly looked well and respectable last night anyway :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rb_ie wrote:

Fnarr!!!!

Anyways, apart I just don't wear tracksuits because I'm too damn fashionable!
    It's annoying,they look comfortable but oh well,there is a price to look as good as I do (/me glances from side to side rather quickly).
    There is nothing wrong with tracksuits, they look comfy....but they also just look plain bad...

rb_ie wrote:

Lol,fishnets are hardly "respectable" but dammit I just love em!:D

I just don't wear tracksuits
    I have footage that states otherwise!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LadyJ wrote:
    I have footage that states otherwise!
    Keep it away from know your nerds then...I have a camera here with photos of you muahaha and we all know how awful youo come out in photos just like me muahaha! ;)

• Advertisement

Keep it away from know your nerds then...I have a camera here with photos of you muahaha and we all know how awful youo come out in photos just like me muahaha! ;)
    When did you get photo's of me? I posed for one with you but was it your camera? Did you take secret pics of me?:mad:

LadyJ wrote:
    When did you get photo's of me? I posed for one with you but was it your camera? Did you take secret pics of me?:mad:

At one point I'm sure I saw him standing under the stairs with a camera pointed upwards :p

You had to sleep sometime last night ;)

One of the many disposable cameras is near me atm...it may have you...it may not....!
    rb_ie wrote:
    At one point I'm sure I saw him standing under the stairs with a camera pointed upwards
    Scientific research,I swear.
    OP wrote:
    Why does everyone want to look the same?
    what???
    Everything you wear will be worn by other people,most clothes these days are mass produced etc.If you see somebody with teh same top...do you change? :v:

rb_ie wrote:
    At one point I'm sure I saw him standing under the stairs with a camera pointed upwards :p
    Not up my skirt I hope!

Anyone wear a tracksuit to the beers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Wanna wear a tracksuit without being a knacker?

Lash some canters on, pop that collar up on your rugby shirt and lash on those dubes or runners.

BAM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I wear tracksuit bottoms sometimes if i'm going to play rugby/soccer. And i also find them comfortable and some of them can actually look nice!!!!

LadyJ wrote:
    Not up my skirt I hope!

Of course not ;)

Sangre: Think this thread is more focused on full tracksuits (i.e tops and bottoms) tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

People, there's a thread in Events if you want to discuss the beers. Talk only about tracksuits here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

People wear them cos they are comfortable, your just jealous cos your too far up your own arses to wear them instead you prance around thinking you look cool but you look pathic and are uncomfortable on top of it

• Advertisement

really?
    oh wait now that i notice it, ye my clothes are uncomfortable.....
    or did I notice you being a fool?
    nah must be the clothes.
    I wear my clothes to look 'cool'
    don't you know,black is in!

I wear my clothes to look 'cool'
    don't you know,black is in!
    You belong on a catwalk in Paris or Milan tbh, not sitting through lectures in NUIG :p

'Now modelling slayer t shirt/black shirt with some nice black pants with loads of pockets combo number twenty three it's paul straight outta NUIG'
    Screw college,I'm a born natural :D
    It's not like I attend anyway,I've done the whole milan thing so paris it is.I'll keep a fashion diary here on f/ap.

Poor old Bush, just the type of person and attitude who do wear tracksuits, referring to people who take pride in they're appearance as "stuck up".

As a previous post enquired, would you wear a plastic bag if it was comfortble, yes you probably would.

Bush, are you overweight by any chance?

Understandably then you may find tracksuits more comfortable, if not please explain what is so uncomfortable about non-sports clothes, are synthetic materials more comfortable than natural fibres?

Am I correct in assuming you don't care how you look or maybe your deluded into thinking your tracksuit looks well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Bush, are you overweight by any chance?

Understandably then you may find tracksuits more comfortable, if not please explain what is so uncomfortable about non-sports clothes, are synthetic materials more comfortable than natural fibres?

Am I correct in assuming you don't care how you look or maybe your deluded into thinking your tracksuit looks well?

you are entitled to get your point across but dont be so cheeky, he was only angery because people were ignoring the fact that tracksuits are comfortable and that he doesnt mind wearing a tracksuit for comfort.

i dont recall him saying non sports clothing arnt comfortable.

Judge people if they stab you, not if they are comfortable;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Anyone who wears tracksuit tops and bottoms deserves to be ethnically cleansed.

Its all in my manifesto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Rantorama

Sangre wrote:

Its all in my manifesto.
    Ehhhhhhh, yeah

Good for lazin about the house,wouldn't wear them out though:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Toolach

There is nothing wrong wearing sports gear. You'd pick up good quality track suit bottoms in Pennys.

Why the snobbery?

What was fashionable about ripped jeans?

Sangre wrote:

Its all in my manifesto.

That may just be the worst post/point I've ever read, well done.

Toolach wrote:
    What was fashionable about ripped jeans?

they are so cool, it gives off that "i don't give a **** attitude". also the chance of ruining an already ruined pair of jeans everytime you put them is probably gives them a buzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Toolach

Cremo wrote:
    they are so cool, it gives off that "i don't give a **** attitude". also the chance of ruining an already ruined pair of jeans everytime you put them is probably gives them a buzz

The look far more tatty than tracksuits.

I can't understand people buying tracksuit bottoms for a logo.

Pennys or Guineys is the shop for track suit bottoms.

Poor old Bush, just the type of person and attitude who do wear tracksuits, referring to people who take pride in they're appearance as "stuck up".

As a previous post enquired, would you wear a plastic bag if it was comfortble, yes you probably would.

Bell to the end

bush wrote:
    Bell to the end

What? Where you trying to add a hip hop twist to the phrase "bell end" :eek: , oh lord.

Its my new funny phrase, great isnt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Bush, you're getting closed to being banned. Stop trolling and posting off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I have seen many g strings peeping over the track suit bottoms, these are hardly comfortable are they?

Actually I find g strings to be the most comfortable kind of underwear. Once it is well made and 100% cotton.

As for tracksuits, I wear bottoms and a sports top for my martial arts classes and other gym activities. I would also wear them to the pub for post class drinks. And I wear them travelling to and from class.

Tbh, I don't even find them that comfortable, obviously they are better than jeans or a skirt for doing sit-ups or kicking people repeatedly in the crotch. But they tend to have high waist bands, which I don't like. Or if they are low, when you work out they slide down too much and the seams rub uncomfortably on the thighs. And many tracksuits are made of synthetic materials which are horrible to work out in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i'm sitting here wearing a pink tracksuit right now i don't see what the problem is

just like this one http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/dolphinspirit/Trakkie2.JPG

you are hurting my eyes??? ;)

no problem, wear what you want.if you think it is comfortable fine.Some people just can't stand them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

So long as the tracksuit hasn't been tucked into their socks it's all good.

Binomate wrote:
    So long as the tracksuit hasn't been tucked into their socks it's all good.
    god yeh that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen.

you wouldn't mind if he/she were cycling a bike and tucked them in as to not get the tracksuit caught in the chaing, but when it's done just for pure fashion (for want of a better word) it's just...WTF?!?!?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement