Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a nice inheritance, now need to shove it in a savings account for a while

Options
  • 13-11-2005 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

Where's the best place to go.

I got a good amount of money from an inheritance (below 20k) and need to lodge the cheque soon, before it expires so I can get time to think about what to do with it.

Two questions:

(1) Where's the best place to lodge it so I get good interest but still have access to the money?

(2) Any suggestions longer-term how to invest it - but not property or anything like that (it's just not an option).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭CCOVICH

(1) Best short-term rate is available from Northern Rock-3.05%, no restrictions on access to funds.
    (2) Depends on your time frame, tax situation and attitude to risk (among other things). Check out www.askaboutmoney.com, the Savings and Investments forum has plenty of information/advice on investing a lump sum.

Advertisement