Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Reset wipe the SD Card too?

• 13-11-2005 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anybody know if when you perform a hard reset on a Pocket PC (eg HHP Ipaq H1945) does it also wipe the data off the SD card if there is one present?

Kinda hoping this is the case as mine was stolen from my car and there was some sensitive data on the SD card. :(

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've used smartphones (WM2002, WM2003, WM2003SE and WM5), and the hard reset does absolutely nothing to the SD card. Sorry.

(I used the SD card to store backups of my data, so if I had to do a hard reset, I could restore my apps/contacts etc. from the SD card without having to sync).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Philbert wrote:
    Hi folks,

Does anybody know if when you perform a hard reset on a Pocket PC (eg HHP Ipaq H1945) does it also wipe the data off the SD card if there is one present?

Kinda hoping this is the case as mine was stolen from my car and there was some sensitive data on the SD card. :(

Thanks..

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Thought as much.

Thanks

Advertisement