Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Dades wrote: »
    Nice shots and nice car, Vanhire!

Thanks for that lad... It was one of those days where I was off midweek and the sun was smiling down. The first shot is Downings Beach, the second is the top of Lough Salt and the third is The Atlantic Drive.

We never get many days like this in Donegal unfortunately ..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Ahh Downing beach, spent many a hazy summer there in the 70's and 80's.

Havent been back there in 5 or 6 years !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

my 61' victor super

i must get pictures of me 60' victor deluxe

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Lyre61

Vintage1 wrote: »
    That a beauty good luck with, what year is it

1972, should have it back this week..been getting a few jobs done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭BSPOKE20

Unfortunatley I have to sell it :( - they didn't kit them out for child car seats in the 1960's. Check out the link: http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=288755

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

Nice Jag, it would be a shame to sell it. Is there no way of getting belts fitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

thats it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 2manyturbos

I have a deep interest in the Subaru SVX, and I have a number of them.

Being 1992 the car is young for a classic, but it is so rare and unusual it must qualify. [ My opinion, and I'm sticking to it! ;):D ]
    My car is UK spec, so it has all the toys. Plus it has only 40K miles, having spent its life on Jersey Island.
    The engine is a 3.3 litre flat six, the drivetrain is fulltime AWD with computerised traction, and all production models were auto.

Front%20View%20SVX%202008%20JAE-773501.jpg

I have another '95 car exactly the same colour, although it is mechanically in better condition than this car. I bought the '95 car first to put on an Irish reg, but before I had done so, this low miles '92 came available, and I could not resist. :rolleyes: I probably should sell the '95, my wife is not fond of all the cars filling the place up. :D

As well as SVXs I have a '78 Bagheera X, but that needs a lot of restoring.

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ Shame they only came with an auto box standard, however, I have seen numerous people doing a manual conversion to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

few pics of my first classic

• Advertisement

Max_Damage wrote: »
    ^ Shame they only came with an auto box standard, however, I have seen numerous people doing a manual conversion to them.

Yes, but it depends on what you want from the car. The real shame is that the auto box is expensive to repair if it breaks.

When I bought my first one it was because I wanted an auto. My commute took and hour and a half at the time. This meant about half an hour with my foot on the clutch in stop start traffic, and I'd had enough of it. I never went back to a manual since.

I'm planning to put a manual box in the black SVX I have, just so I have a manual one. I prefer the auto however, even for the supercharged one. Getting too old for the boy racer image, I expect.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Lovely cab chief!!Very clean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Yes, but it depends on what you want from the car. The real shame is that the auto box is expensive to repair if it breaks.

When I bought my first one it was because I wanted an auto. My commute took and hour and a half at the time. This meant about half an hour with my foot on the clutch in stop start traffic, and I'd had enough of it. I never went back to a manual since.

I'm planning to put a manual box in the black SVX I have, just so I have a manual one. I prefer the auto however, even for the supercharged one. Getting too old for the boy racer image, I expect.

:rolleyes:

I myself HATE automatics. Even using a manual in traffic doesn't bother me.

Putting a manual into the SVX would be good, great for track days!

:D
    Well the fastest cars on the planet these days use the paddle shift automatics. Nissan GTR? Bugatti Veyron?

To each his own, I respect that. My friend is putting a 6 speed into the 600 hp car he is building, so I am "inheriting" the 5 speed he currently has in his car. It should make the ebony car interesting.

I'll admit the manual is better for holding on to a lower gear and getting the best of the power band. Also for powering out of bends. The auto is very often just off the power when you would like it there.

Just the same it is surprising the pace you can make if you force the auto to hold the lower gears, and you have enough power. :rolleyes: :D

My preference for the auto is because for 95% of my driving, it makes life easier. For raw on-the-edge entertainment I have a bike. Driving A to B day to day, I want the car to take the strain, there is no room for entertainment on crowded city streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Now that is clean fair play:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Very nice indeed. Great wheels and colour. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

thanks kermit and dades..was after one for years and this one came up so i couldnt resist........

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

MINE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

^nice,irish and all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Sweet car Dutchcat !

• Advertisement

dutchcat wrote: »
    MINE
    Is it an actual 280SL? Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

it is, a couple more of mine,89 w126 1 owner 95 k from new still got footstools in back and 71 standard beetle no rot just surface rust 1300 t/p engine 1 owner irish reg ,but found german paperwork in car,prob not classics but have a look anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ecosid

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00016.JPGHere is a picture of my toy.Its 90% complete. Hopefully in time for the summer.If we get one.By the way its not the dumper or the lawnmower in the first image.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

ecosid wrote: »
    DSC00010.JPG

DSC00016.JPGHere is a picture of my toy.

Jaysus, you're a bit young to drive that on the road ;)

Yes I might have to sell him too. He will not get out of it and he's is only three.He will never forgive me.:o

Looks great - is it a kit? Colour and stripes are fab.
    The only thing is I wouldn't be mad on are those alloys. Prefer something more original.

Where will we see/hear it around this summer? :)

Yes its a kit.(viper kit) I stripped it back to the chassis after buying it in Doncaster.The wheels were what it came on they are desperate looking.It sounds amazing with the V8 , sets off car alarms. Its in the south east. I dont know about this year as I have to register it and finish a bit of wiring. Gettin plenty of pressure from the wife to get rid of it unfortunately. Women just dont get it do they.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

dutchcat wrote: »
    MINE

Jealous :mad::mad:

or jaloers as they say in dutch
    :D

ecosid wrote: »
    Women just dont get it do they.:D
    They know you could fit a perfectly good chest freezer in that bit of the garage!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Trying to upload photoBILD0002.JPG

If this comes out, It's a pic of my Rover P6 at last years Durrow show.

Advertisement