Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

junkyard wrote: »
    It this a long wheel base model? Pretty rare car if it is, very nice.
    I just watched an old Top Gear on 'Dave' channel and Clarkson drove one of those. The interior was just awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

That reg looks like it was photoshopped on? It's also not coming up on Cartell or mywheels.ie?

Il go into the history of that car when i get a chance but it makes for a god story, and no it hasnt been on the road in years, and yes its a changeover model which t be honest has bits of a ouple a cars in er :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Dades wrote: »
    I just watched an old Top Gear on 'Dave' channel and Clarkson drove one of those. The interior was just awesome!
    2701925447_7b46479f58.jpg?v=0

[URL="javascript:void(0);"]27013519_5-citroen-cx-22-trs-lpg-ab.jpg[/URL]

Series one and two,i much prefer the earlier one.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Yup
    Its the long wheelbase one, I reckon sitting in the back you would have to lean forward to touch the seat in front, it has those little footrest thingys behind the front seats. When I was eyeballing it this morning the owner appeared and asked if I would be interesred in making an offer on it.
    I wish!!!!!!.
    I asked him why he was selling and he said it was that or his 93 Saab 900 and unfortunatly his wife prefers the Saab. Nuff said?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

well if i was given that choice the saab or the citeroen im afraid i think i would be getting rid of the wife

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

kasper wrote: »
    well if i was given that choice the saab or the citeroen im afraid i think i would be getting rid of the wife

Depends on the wife really.....;) How much is he looking for the CX mikehn?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

kasper wrote: »
    It's all about the ride quality. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

^^^^^^^^
    Excellent, very droll :D:D:D

I have a 1977 Volvo 66 GL
    There was one of these in a bog near me a few years ago,it was upside down and you could see the belt transmission clearly,unfortunatly it was buried by a digger along with some other cars soon after i saw it. I kept the wing badge:D
    I may have a pic,if i do ill scan it and post it.

Hey Guys
    Fair play for the imaginative comments, leats see what ye can do with the next couple of pics.
    Junkyard I asked him about his price he was looking for 4k but to a neighbour bottom line 3600, vrt will have to be paid which will range from 12 to 15 hundred depending on how well you can grovel. He said he bought the car from Rodger Bradford in the UK which he says to anybody in the know means the car should be A1 ???.
    I got a spin in it yesterday and it certainly drew a lot of attention, but unfortunatly Ill be sticking with my peugeot
    The leather seats are incredible really soft and comfy and the space in the back you could hold an ?????picture.php?albumid=847&pictureid=4233
    picture.php?albumid=847&pictureid=4234

• Advertisement

mikehn wrote: »
    Hey Guys
    Fair play for the imaginative comments, leats see what ye can do with the next couple of pics.
    Junkyard I asked him about his price he was looking for 4k but to a neighbour bottom line 3600, vrt will have to be paid which will range from 12 to 15 hundred depending on how well you can grovel. He said he bought the car from Rodger Bradford in the UK which he says to anybody in the know means the car should be A1 ???.
    I got a spin in it yesterday and it certainly drew a lot of attention, but unfortunatly Ill be sticking with my peugeot
    The leather seats are incredible really soft and comfy and the space in the back you could hold an ?????picture.php?albumid=847&pictureid=4233
    picture.php?albumid=847&pictureid=4234

Where's the one of his wife?;):)

U can see the rain on de windows so she wouldnt come out and drape herself on de bonnet

My latest additions........... a 450 SEL 6.9 and a 560SEL.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Coxy_VW

The 560 and the Beetle in the background would do me nicely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

well done junkyard... youve managed to make me very jealous again....lol...must be running outta space ha ha..best of luck with them

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice work Junkyard, especially the 560 - smashing motor!

You will really have to learn to post pics as opposed to attachments dude! ;)

MCMLXXV wrote: »

You will really have to learn to post pics as opposed to attachments dude! ;)

I would if I could.:( Thanks everyone!

It's handy enough junkyard:

Upload pics (self explanatory)
    When pics are uploaded move cursor over pic and you will see a kind of drop down menu to post pics in email / blog / forum etc.
    Select 'IMG Code', right-click to highlight same and simply paste into reply / topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

You dont even have to do that. Once you have them uploaded to boards the way you normally do open them in a new window and copy the url of the photo.

Then put that url inbetween [noparse][img][/img][/noparse]

Slidey wrote: »
    You dont even have to do that. Once you have them uploaded to boards the way you normally do open them in a new window and copy the url of the photo.

Then put that url inbetween [noparse][img][/img][/noparse]
    Junkys pics are usually very big though,wont that just mean they will be massive on the post then aswell?

• Advertisement

Junkys pics are usually very big though,wont that just mean they will be massive on the post then aswell?

I just noticed that now. They are big photos alright, they would take a while to load.

I did up a PM with step by step instructions to doing it using http://imagefra.me/, if anyone wants it, drop me a PM or say on here.

Photobucket will resize them for you also.

As we have gone off topic here Mods maybe you could edit the most recent posts and do a sticky on how to post pictures on top of all motoring threads?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Photobucket will resize them for you also.
    This is true,but i mean if he links off the pics uploaded to boards,they wont be resized will they?Or am i wrong?

This is true,but i mean if he links off the pics uploaded to boards,they wont be resized will they?Or am i wrong?

No idea dude the truth be known. I'm no expert but I use a few different forums and the photobucket method works best for me every time no matter what size the original pic is, big or small. It's an awful pain in the ass when you get a heap of links to great pics and then have to open each one individually. It's equally as frustrating when you get massive pics posted and have to go off the scale to read the post itself.

I'm sure there's better minds than ours that can enlighten us on the best possible method! ;)

If you do use the original links the photos will turn up full size and be slow to load because of high quality (kb) of the images

example

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/50494/96305.JPG

Woah... that was massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

My latest additions........... a 450 SEL 6.9 and a 560SEL.

2 beauties there, well done. I see you haven't turned the 6-series into a ute yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Par71

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice Mercs, junkyard. Of course the top models of their series :cool:

Here they are, downsized.

W116:

96400.jpg

96401.jpg

W126:

96402.jpg

96403.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I would if I could.:( Thanks everyone!
    I'm probably too late but this post might help you junkyard.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Par71 wrote: »
    Wow, nice Chevette, Is that the 'Black Magic' version?:)

Advertisement