Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Hifive wrote: »
    That little Datsun is brilliant! It's in amazing condition too.
    Nice to have something so rare on the road and a perfect partner to your other (120Y?) one.
    Thanks Mark, the yellow one is a 100A FII,a friend of mine has a 120Y Coupe,and a 120Y saloon,a 140J Violet,and a 100A N10 4door aswell.just need a 180B bluebird and a 200L Laurel to complete the set!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

My 1984 Mercedes 190E, this weekend gone...

DSC06387.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

@ Lisnagry - your 400 looks fantastic! Do you compete in it at all?

@ quenching - the pic above could come from a sales brochure - is the colour smoke silver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Lisnagry

tc20 wrote: »
    @ Lisnagry - your 400 looks fantastic! Do you compete in it at all?

Thank you,Its a road car running 20let 270+bhp,nice car to drive.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

tc20 wrote: »
    @ quenching - the pic above could come from a sales brochure - is the colour smoke silver?

Astral silver, but it was getting dark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Lisnagry wrote: »
    My Manta 400RT

All I can say is Wow!! That looks like it should be doing 00 before a rally!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bmoregan

Pic is actually from 2 or 3 years but fortunately car looks just as good now (or it would if I gave it a wash 'n' wax).

bmoregan wrote: »
    Pic is actually from 2 or 3 years but fortunately car looks just as good now (or it would if I gave it a wash 'n' wax).

Nice, now get scrubbing:D

I do like those daimlers.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

quenching wrote: »
    My 1984 Mercedes 190E, this weekend gone..

That is absolutely gorgeous, any more pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

took her out for a run and a few pics
    DSC01580.jpg
    DSC01581.jpg
    DSC01582.jpg
    DSC01583.jpg
    DSC01585.jpg
    DSC01584.jpg

took a few funky pics aswell for the craic
    DSC01589.jpg
    DSC01588.jpg
    DSC01586.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Lovely wheels! Nice to see cars being enjoyed in the snow. Only bit of snow/ice related action I've had is getting her sideways turning onto my road. No snow here in Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Great pics, great car, lovely wheels and the red rear plate, many people seem to shy away from the red plate for some reason, but I love them, gives the car a proper Irish look :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 surly joe

My '75 Fulvia 1.3
    DSCF2680.jpg

DSCF2674.jpg

DSCF2681.jpg

Nice!I like

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Cracking little cars those Fulvias.
    Lancia really produced some excellent machinery from the 30's up to the 60's.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

I bought this a couple of weeks ago, 1982 Audi 100 5E

vbulletin1003.jpg
    1003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Nice, it looks very clean.
    They were a really classy machine in their day and still look fresh now.
    Any other details, + a pic or two of the inside would be great.
    Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

quattro777 wrote: »
    I bought this a couple of weeks ago, 1982 Audi 100 5E

vbulletin1003.jpg
    1003.jpg

Jees!! my brother and his friends bought an 100 about 15 years ago, 1983 for messing about in a field and it had the 2144cc 5 cylinder engine in it. I took a shine to that car myself. It had the quirky econ gauge and had two warning lights for when the engine was up to temp, and for overheating.The drive was knocking in it and it finally fell off eventually, so that was the end of that. Nice car indeed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

Hifive wrote: »
    Nice, it looks very clean.
    They were a really classy machine in their day and still look fresh now.
    Any other details, + a pic or two of the inside would be great.
    Mark.

Thanks for the comments :D
    Its had 1 owner from new with 116k with full service history and its in excellent condition. I had it inspected and the only fault he could find was a small tear on the passenger seat! Its mechanically 100!% and no rust which is a miracle considering most have rusted away.
    I'll post more pics when I bring it home, its being detailed at the moment.

If anyone knows of other 100's/200's for sale PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 g_land

Here is my current line up:

1972 VW Beach Buggy
    DSCF7601-500x375.jpg

1964 Morris Minor Traveller (For Sale Soon)
    image008-300x240.jpg

1972 Vw Beetle
    p1170217-500x375.jpg

There are more pics and information on the car on my blog www.gacurley.com/cars

There are other older cars which i have sold on. The beach buggy build blog is up there too. Warning though, there are lots of pictures!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

nearly a classic! some really nice machines in this Thread!DSCF0004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Some really nice cars on this page !

I LOVE the Manta, and anyone who stood on a rally stage in the late 80's early 90's cant help but have respect for one of these. What motor is in it ??

@ Quenching...........didn't you just buy that 190E? Why for sale ?

I saw a nice red Fulvia 3 in Clontarf about 2 weeks ago...........very pretty cars !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

Sitec wrote: »
    nearly a classic! some really nice machines in this Thread!DSCF0004.jpg

More pictures please!!!!

i love my boxy starlets!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This is my baby and 1980 924 n/a Lux in a very dark brown with the pascha interior.
    LIGHTNING you got your fuel lines sorted then! All you need now is to get your password back to your old boards.ie account. :p (Looks great, btw)

Re changing the gearbox oil - is that with a view to loosening up the shift? I find mine tough going until the oil heats up, and have wondered if there's something (relatively) simple I could do to improve things.

And are you 'biding your time' before you get around to VRT her? ;)

Look forward to seeing it at a Boards (or 924) get-together!

I was going to do the fuel lines myself but I am going to get my mate to do it. I am going to drain the gearbox oil as I dont know when it was done and hopefully to preserve the life of the box. Are you having trouble with 1st and 2nd when the gearbox is cold? Its common to all the audi gearboxs that are used in the 924 so I wouldnt worry about it. But if its excessive then a oil change would make a difference.
    Yeah, first and second are always a struggle for a few shifts. Might consider a change at some point. Oddly I used to drive an Audi 80 that I always remember for it's super smooth shift... they must have sorted it by '89. :p
    I am waiting for her to turn that magic 30 before I VRT her, I am in no big rush only a few months before that happens. When I do I will give her a good clean, polish and wax.
    A wise move!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

ALLEGRO or ALL AGGRO

Wasnt the Audi 80 a FWD drive car? So the gearbox was right beside the engine unlike our 924`s. Ill dont mind the stiff shifting because we have nearly 50/50 weight distrubition in our 924`s :)
    Explains a bit alright!

Wasnt the Audi 80 a FWD drive car? So the gearbox was right beside the engine unlike our 924`s. Ill dont mind the stiff shifting because we have nearly 50/50 weight distrubition in our 924`s :)

No gearbox is behind engine in an Audi 80,engine is very far forward look how far the struts are from the front of the engine
    80Engine.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 10195dragrace

here are a few pic of my current project
    :):):):):):):)

Advertisement