Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

MercMad wrote:
    Yes bot those Triumphs are fantastic.............well worth the job !

Who did the bodywork/paintwork ?

A guy out in North County Dublin has a yellow one, looks clean, drives her hard too ! I pass him every morning going the other way !

That might have been me !!! Driving along the M50 ? I use it a few days per week going from Clonsilla to Leopardstown and back - it's still on English plates, so should be easily identifiable until I get it re-reg'd (next week).

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stevo11

"drives her hard too ! "

"might" be you? LOL Of course its you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

1999 Mini
    Mini 40 special, "John Cooper LE" one of 200 built. 1275 injection, leather...lovely

myarse2.jpg

yep, that is my backside

1966 Mk1 Morris Mini Minor 850 Superdelux (thats its actual title) Its on hydrolastic suspension adn is in pretty good nik

DSC01073.jpg
    DSC01075.jpg
    DSC00025.jpg
    DSC01417.jpg

My Old Saab 900S, 2 ltr turbo, lovely... I will have one again
    saab2.jpg
    saab4.jpg

thats my fathers Camper behind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

magpie wrote:
    DS, do you park that baby on Bath Avenue occasionally, or is there another shiny black DS doing the rounds?
    There's a couple, I think. Not me anyway except for one or two evenings in my favourite pub Slatteries. It's just not the same with Becks NA, though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

my favourite pub Slatteries

You and me both. Between that and the car, you're clearly a gentleman of some taste and discernment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

That might have been me !!! Driving along the M50 ? I use it a few days per week going from Clonsilla to Leopardstown and back - it's still on English plates, so should be easily identifiable until I get it re-reg'd (next week).

...........nope it wasn't there .............it was/is out near Swords !

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

would love to know of any other sprints around only 4 or 5 in club!!
    franksm didnt know you had a sprint? i met you at mounttown the other day, i run the valet business there and own the white Stag OKI557 White Dolomite Sprint and TR7 Conv sometimes parked on the road. I am looking at selling the TR7 at the minute. Have my eye on a TR7V8 in the UK.
    Cheers for now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

okistag wrote:
    franksm didnt know you had a sprint? i met you at mounttown the other day, i run the valet business there and own the white Stag OKI557 White Dolomite Sprint and TR7 Conv sometimes parked on the road. I am looking at selling the TR7 at the minute. Have my eye on a TR7V8 in the UK.
    Cheers for now

Oh, when MercMad-lad said "yellow" I thought he was on about a yellow Stag, not a yellow Sprint. It's just the Stag that I have.

I have seen that TR7 ! Was asking about it here the other day.

Dude, are you any good at putting windscreens in and out ;-) I need it doing, have never done it myself - there's another helpful thread going on here on the topic but... now's not really the weather to learn about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭adam01

okistag wrote:
    Hi All
    A few pictures of my Triumph Stag and Dolomite Sprint. Both rebuilt to a very high standard.

Love Your Cars.
    Here is a pic of my STAG...ADAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Some photos of a Stag I was offered lately, not sure if its still for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

okistag wrote:
    There's a guy in the blessington car club with a pristine yellow Sprint -
    DSCF0018.JPG

Check out the rest at that meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I was looking at some stags in a mag latly, their not cheap, the average seemed to be around 10 grand sterling for a tidy one, or were the ones I saw above the average price.

adam01 wrote:
    Love Your Cars.
    Here is a pic of my STAG...ADAM
    Nice car, is it franksm'S old car if so a super car

franksm wrote:
    Oh, when MercMad-lad said "yellow" I thought he was on about a yellow Stag, not a yellow Sprint. It's just the Stag that I have.

I have seen that TR7 ! Was asking about it here the other day.

Dude, are you any good at putting windscreens in and out ;-) I need it doing, have never done it myself - there's another helpful thread going on here on the topic but... now's not really the weather to learn about it
    hi, yes i have had my windscreen out twice, easy to take out with a sharp knife cut the outer part of the rubber then gently press outwards.
    to fit washing liquid string. the hard part is the chrome!!!!!!!!!
    let me know when you need to do it, i will gladly help.
    jack

There's a guy in the blessington car club with a pristine yellow Sprint -
    DSCF0018.JPG

Check out the rest at that meeting
    she is a nice car i think the fellow who owns that has it for sale for 10k. if its the same car his name was sean i think

dubtom wrote:
    I was looking at some stags in a mag latly, their not cheap, the average seemed to be around 10 grand sterling for a tidy one, or were the ones I saw above the average price.

I was over in the UK last month and was shocked at the price of Stags they have really come up in value. the other shock was most around 8 - 10 k sterling, still needed tidying a few bubbles here and there or filler and nice paint job MADE IF YOU ASK ME.
    a few really nice cars not needing cent put into them they were asking 12-14k plus.
    While thinking about it knowing what it cost me to get my Stag to its standard it would be cheaper for me to have bought a mint one for 14k and saved myself thousands, but where would the fun be in that.
    ANYHOW THATS MY PENNY'S WORTH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

Heres me 900S lpt aero. I'll be keeping it for long time, have spent a packet on it :)

DSC00722-2-640.JPG

DSC00724-2-640.JPG

Green-blood, that was a nice one you had, I remember seeing it for sale. If you get another, pm me, we are trying to get an owners club off the ground.

I have a Carlson one of those sitting on my car lot at the moment, its belonging to a friend of mine who would be interested in joining your club. He's driving another Carlson Saab 900 turbo. Another friend of mine has about seven of eight of them and I'll tell him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

My brother has a '90 900, I sold to him a while back. He might be interested if a club gets going. Post details here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jason_G_KE30

Here's a photo or two of my humble corolla, as seen on one or two different occasions. Lovely motors all ;)
    th_2004_1016fuji0082.jpg
    th_2004_1016fuji0083.jpg

She'll be getting a spin at the weekend!!:D

Nice Corolla there Jason, my father had one in 1977 like the blue 2 dr one in your photo same colour but it war 4 dr and had a different grille.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jason_G_KE30

:D Thanks Junkyard!! The red one is an Irish assembled model, and the blue one below is just one I came across on the net, based in Holland. It has the same colour and type as one I'm hoping to get stuck into in the new year, and it's a slightly more presentable one!! What type of grille did your Father's car have? I only thought the two above were the only ones about at that time?

It had a series of verticle slots with a C badge in the middle, it was one of the first in Ireland at the time. It was streets ahead of anything else in its class at the time. Great little car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

The red one is an Irish assembled model.

...........where were these assembled .........anyone know ?

Here's a photo or two of my humble corolla, as seen on one or two different occasions. Lovely motors all ;)
    th_2004_1016fuji0082.jpg
    th_2004_1016fuji0083.jpg

She'll be getting a spin at the weekend!!:D
    LOVELY CAR, I REMEMBER THEM WELL AS MY BROTHER WORKED FOR A TOYOTA MAIN DEALER IN NEW STR BACK IN THE 70'S. I REMEMBER HIM COMING HOME WITH THEM AS COMPANY CARS. NICE TO SEE THEM AGAIN.

Hi all

here is a link to a few pixs of my cars Stag, Dolomite Sprint and TR7, If anyone is interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackscars/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

That corolla featured is the Mark 3 version,introduced in 74. There was another grille but never available here, had a huge grille, only for japanese market with the wing mirrors. Recently I was in Crete and spotted a few of these cars, but with chrome bumpers with overriders and chrome light surrounds on the rear lights. By the way the C badge is still used today , its the emblem for the corolla only used in Japan and it is actually the outline of the root of the Corolla flower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

my classic car,hope you like , i love it to bits.

• Advertisement

ro1798 wrote:
    my classic car,hope you like , i love it to bits.
    A TRUE MODERN CLASSIC, LOOKS IN SUPER CONDITION, ENJOY

Advertisement