Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

that is cool, the alloys are bit flash for me but the profile of the tyres and height is awesome :D sleeper or cruiser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

That Audi is gorgeous. Was it the one featured in Irish Vintage a year or so ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

Redrocket wrote: »
    that is cool, the alloys are bit flash for me but the profile of the tyres and height is awesome :D sleeper or cruiser?

cruiser, 1.8 carb engine on 4 speed box. It's no speed machine!!
    That Audi is gorgeous. Was it the one featured in Irish Vintage a year or so ago?

it's in the current issue of the Irish Vintage Scene "Retro Classics" quarterly magazine. It was in last months Golf+ magazine too (UK publication for VAG enthusiasts)

probably a bit cheeky mentioning it here but I've decided to move it on to make way for the next project. If anyone's interested, PM me for details :)

I thought it was longer ago! I'd love to be able to take it off you but funds and space say otherwise :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Redrocket wrote: »
    that is cool, the alloys are bit flash for me
    That is an understatement - what were you thinking Trevor? :p

Gorgeous car, though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I think they suit the car, and I'm not usually a fan of flash wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I think the wheels look great too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭f4fay

My New 504 TI.
    504ti023.jpg

Dades wrote: »
    That is an understatement - what were you thinking Trevor? :p

Gorgeous car, though!

theyre polished Porsche Fuchs replicas. What I was thinking was everything else on the outside of the car is either black or polished alu/stainless trim and bumpers so painted silver wheels werent going to cut it. I was always going to up the rim diameter from 13" to 15" with low profile tyres and to me Fuchs were the obvious solution. There was never any other choice.

I love 'em and I think they suit the style of the car down to the ground if you'll pardon the pun ;) You're never going to please everyone so there's no point in even trying. I pleased myself. :D I ran Renault wheels on my last car and it raised an eyebrow or two amongst the Renault afficionados. Didn't bother me though.

2009-09-27GandonMeet056Medium.jpg

thanks for the nice comments guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phoenix_nights2

Love the audi...i see what you were tyring to do with the wheels but i dont think it works.

But +1 for the Rat car. Big fan of that trend at the moment. rat-look.com is a favourite hangout for me. You should put ur car up there.

You could rat the audi. That would get some interesting comments :)

• Advertisement

Whatever happened to that Derby Trevor?
    I saw it in The junction one year, a proper rat.

I sold it to a local chap here in Laois to partially fund the paintjob on the Audi! I still see it around from time to time, it's still going strong. He's repainted it and put his own stamp on it, wheels, interior etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

f4fay wrote: »
    My New 504 TI.
    Would you believe, i've been watching that car for more than a year. It looks like a wonderful example, well wear! Oh, and more pics would be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Albion

Keyzer wrote: »
    That is a truly beautiful car....
    Hoiy God!

89 and 88 Diesel Surfs

2012-01-02_11-28-26_75.jpg

And 95 V6 3L 605

2011-12-13_06-20-53_444.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

About 5 minutes after swearing I wouldn't buy another car this happened :D

1979 Audi 100 Avant CD 5E. 1 owner with 20,000 miles, apart from a few months in 2008 has been in a garage since 1981.

6695214655_5b68c27232.jpg

6695310515_9cf14079f4.jpg

6695221057_6e7089a0ea.jpg

6695323519_3e7611ab80.jpg

^ I likes that!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

After a bit of a clean!

imageznz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

quattro777 wrote: »
    About 5 minutes after swearing I wouldn't buy another car this happened :D

1979 Audi 100 Avant CD 5E. 1 owner with 20,000 miles, apart from a few months in 2008 has been in a garage since 1981.

Very nice find. Of course you couldn't let that go.

I've had a '77 of those. Absolutely brilliant.

/M

My 3 Trucks.

Clipboard.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 johnrcgt4

Heres my celica, not a classic in some senses i suppose, but getting rare i think.
    Its a jap import carlos sainz model

06092011486.jpg06092011487.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭maidhc

corktina wrote: »

Surely you deserve a prize from Uncle Henry for outstanding service to the Ford Motor Company!

I love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cortinacrazy

2z5m8hh.jpg
    ngkk6.jpg
    2pr62l4.jpg

My 1975 mk3 Cortina 2000E

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭dryadssaddle

n5pxsj.jpg

28roarm.jpg

fc358g.jpg

That's clean, the only thing I would suggest is to ditch the euro plates and get a set of plain black on whites, euros didn't come out untill Jan 1991.

That's clean, the only thing I would suggest is to ditch the euro plates and get a set of plain black on whites, euros didn't come out untill Jan 1991.

ya, I actually changed the plates on it a few months back. I got the silver on black. Here it is after a bath.

2ipzbb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

n5pxsj.jpg

Very nice, my neighbour has one, she'll said sell it to me when she can no longer drive it as her adult kids are embarrassed about it, but that will be a good few years yet! Its an 88 and in perfect nick, still gets serviced with a Toyota dealer, it has about 160,000 miles on it, she has it from new. I liked them when they came out first, very simple but clean and timeless lines. it still doesnt look out of place in todays traffic.

Btw where was that photo taken?
    ya, I actually changed the plates on it a few months back. I got the silver on black. Here it is after a bath.

I'm not sure they are 1990 style either, silver on black was pre-87. I think Charchy means something like the style on the Ibiza in his photo here. I'm sure he can get you a better photo seeing as he owns it.

IMG_2644.jpg

I agree with the others, plain white plates would set off the car perfectly. Personally I don't think the black/silver plates do anything for the car. My brother and sister had a silver one of these for a few years, you couldn't kill it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sorry for the OT but what's the story with the Iberia(?) plane rotting away in the background?
    n5pxsj.jpg

• Advertisement

bijapos wrote: »
    Very nice, my neighbour has one, she'll said sell it to me when she can no longer drive it as her adult kids are embarrassed about it, but that will be a good few years yet! Its an 88 and in perfect nick, still gets serviced with a Toyota dealer, it has about 160,000 miles on it, she has it from new. I liked them when they came out first, very simple but clean and timeless lines. it still doesnt look out of place in todays traffic.

Btw where was that photo taken?

ya, they're great fun to drive too. They're like a little go kart. That photo was taken at Shannon Airport.

I wouldn't be in anyway knowledgable about plates. All i know is that i liked the black ones and thought the suited it, ha. Thanks for the info though.

There's a few things i'd need to get for it to be perfect such as a partial shelf (as the one in it is off a newer shape starlet, i think), i also would get better speakers and perhaps new carpets and seat if i were to be extremely picky. perhaps some toyota alloys of that period but i'm not really sure if these starlets other than the ep71. can anyone enlighten me?

Advertisement