Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 needsomeparts

ah yes sunroof,the bad news is this one is a German import from new so it does not have a sunroof.cruise or working quarterlights.but the good news is its standard factory extra 5 speed.
    Thanks for the advise have found a few things in germany-lets hope my emails arrive back in english

Liked the comment from kev .i had a mentle picture of a out of control welder.i saw a guy on youtube the other day using the top of a washing mashine to use as floor pans.

What were the state of your floor pans .or have i just been unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

Your car sounds like my perfect spec, I would love a manual. Is it right hand drive?

The floorpans were good one mine, I had to replace...
    Roof
    2 doors
    1 wing
    Bonnet and front slam panel
    2 rear arches and rear valance
    Bottoms of both rear quarter panels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

423620_10150582801878772_690708771_9085982_689053363_n.jpg
    38645_416135283771_690708771_4735964_1033416_n.jpg44230_435133193771_2673065_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

2z5m8hh.jpg
    ngkk6.jpg
    2pr62l4.jpg

My 1975 mk3 Cortina 2000E

i have to say after seeing this beauty my whole childhood came rushing back to me, what a fab car, god they dont half make boring cars today!!!! lovely!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Nice car. how do find spares for it.
    Have just got my 200 5t out of the garage after eight years and i hasnt done it much good think i need a few body parts.
    Regards.

Audi5000.jpg

• Advertisement

Bad, scanned photos of some of my previous - more to follow

Boards6.jpg

6.6 T/Am 79D83 and Capri ll 3,0Ghia 2822ZU

Boards3.jpg

2822 resprayed in Metalflake, XR3 and Rover 3500S ( Sierra bought trade on a Monday, driven to Frankfurt next day !) 2.8injection ex irish embassy in Brussels 82D418

Boards.jpg

2822ZU, Ford F250 V8 and Chevrolet Suburban, XR3 on set of 'Taffin', Pierce Brosnan and Alison Doody in shot

18/85, Baywindow and Rapier in pics were MISTAKES !!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

My new Bmw e28, with a 2.5 m20 engine.
    2012_04010008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

very nice solid looking motor

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Took the RS2000 to Cumbria 2 weeks ago. Took part in The Lakes Tour with over 200 other pre 1980 rwd Fords.

427783_10150888458459491_740514490_9428276_1944001502_n.jpg

405113_10150895957539491_740514490_9447176_1895279663_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

tuborg_man wrote: »

Gorgeous! Love the lip spoiler. Here is mine, have it since 2001 but its off the road a while now. A 520i that I bought for €200 and restored.

1st003.jpg

1st002.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Capri wrote: »
    Bad, scanned photos of some of my previous - more to follow

Boards6.jpg

6.6 T/Am 79D83 and Capri ll 3,0Ghia 2822ZU

About time you posted - more yanks please!

See that T/A, it's a burgundy colour, yeah? Can't be too many in that shade. Have seen it a few times at shows I think - did it have wire wheels when you had it?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Gorgeous! Love the lip spoiler. Here is mine, have it since 2001 but its off the road a while now. A 520i that I bought for €200 and restored.

wow that looks lovely aswell, ye i like the lip, thinking about getting m535 skirts and bumper and getting spares to try de chromeing it but shall see, any plans for yours

See that T/A, it's a burgundy colour, yeah? Can't be too many in that shade. Have seen it a few times at shows I think - did it have wire wheels when you had it?

Nah, it was a met. copper brown but was bought by a chap who sprayed it Budweiser red/white for advertising. 79 D 80 is the reg. so maybe somebody bought and resprayed it:cool:

More photos of it and more WHEN I FIND THEM ( moved a lot in the house and have mislaid them - they're on the priority 'find' list ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

tuborg_man wrote: »
    wow that looks lovely aswell, ye i like the lip, thinking about getting m535 skirts and bumper and getting spares to try de chromeing it but shall see, any plans for yours

The last time I restored it I kept it original but I now have a complete E28 M5 interior which I intend to put in at some stage. Since its an English import I wouldn't mine putting a more modern engine into it as I was only getting mpg in the 20s so I don't drive it much. Its actually off the road about 4 years now. Its a long term project as I have other cars to work on too! M-tec kit looks good on these imo.

Nah, it was a met. copper brown but was bought by a chap who sprayed it Budweiser red/white for advertising. 79 D 80 is the reg. so maybe somebody bought and resprayed it:cool:

More photos of it and more WHEN I FIND THEM ( moved a lot in the house and have mislaid them - they're on the priority 'find' list ;) )

I thought I had a pic of that T/A but don't. I'll be sure to take one the next time I see it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Here is a very poor photo I have of it painted in the Budweiser colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 popik81

this is my bambino :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭airnwater

Nice pic , even though 79 D 83 , @ Capri ,presume it's the brown car ?

The brown wire wheeled TA seen at shows last few years is a different car , it's an ex American museum car with very low mileage , a relatively recent import

airnwater wrote: »
    Nice pic , even though 79 D 83 , @ Capri ,presume it's the brown car ?

The brown wire wheeled TA seen at shows last few years is a different car , it's an ex American museum car with very low mileage , a relatively recent import

Chap down Galway direction has it now I think. Actually it was for sale a couple of years back by a main dealer in Galway for something like €25k! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

7096684521_2555996e31_z.jpg

65 Mustang

There has been a bit more work done to it since the photo, the lights and glass have been put in and the bumper and grille have been put on also, the hood scoop has yet to go on but I will put up a finished photo then. Hopefully within a month.

Mechanical work done by Viele's Garage and some of my very good friends.
    Body work done by West Coast Rotarys in Galway.

• Advertisement

Mechanical work done by Viele's Garage and some of my very good friends. Body work done by West Coast Rotarys in Galway.

As in Ian Viele? No better man! Do we have you on the CAMI site?

Yeah that's him. I certainly am on the Cami website :)
    That is where I got in contact with him.
    If I had found him a couple years ago I would have saved myself a lot of time and money.
    Better late than never though right.

Yeah that's him. I certainly am on the Cami website :)
    That is where I got in contact with him.
    If I had found him a couple years ago I would have saved myself a lot of time and money.
    Better late than never though right.

What's your username on the site dude? Apologies for not knowing same!

Wardy1980

I put up a few pics in the projects section and things but not that many posts yet.
    Are there any shows coming up in June or July this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I've just picked up another project in Bavaria.

560220_10150866624813682_698008681_10055598_1100539652_n.jpg
    521317_10150866624978682_698008681_10055600_730152841_n.jpg

Looks a bit high, doesn't it ? It's a genuine VW LT40 4x4 from 1993.

/M

If I'd known it'd get such a sh*te paint job I'd never have sold it :D

Chap who bought it was trying to wear me down on price saying he'd be able to go to UK and get a cheaper one. 'Go ahead' says I 'BUT think of the rust, time off work etc.' :eek: He made the wiser choice :cool:

That car was originally impounded by Customs in Galway, sold (by tender;) )to Bolands on Pinnock Hill, friend of mine bought it and I traded LHD 280Z to him for it.

(I'm STILL trying to find 'missing' photos of my 'fleet' to post here :confused: )

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

7096684521_2555996e31_z.jpg

65 Mustang

There has been a bit more work done to it since the photo, the lights and glass have been put in and the bumper and grille have been put on also, the hood scoop has yet to go on but I will put up a finished photo then. Hopefully within a month.

Mechanical work done by Viele's Garage and some of my very good friends.
    Body work done by West Coast Rotarys in Galway.
    More ! I must have more!

Wardy1980

I put up a few pics in the projects section and things but not that many posts yet.
    Are there any shows coming up in June or July this year?

Coolio - GAScc Cruise & BBQ in Cork June 9th and Terenure on July 8th are the next two big ones.

We're actually opening up a Connaught chapter of the club for lads around the Galway / Roscommon area so y'all can organise your own meets / cruises, etc. Will be more info on same shortly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

hi foke's here a quick picture of my citroen dyane
    I call her the blue duck013.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

hop2it wrote: »
    hi foke's here a quick picture of my citroen dyane
    I call her the blue duck013.jpg
    I haven't heard that name in years!
    Very nice.
    So what was the difference between the 2CV and the DYANE?

Advertisement