Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Didihno wrote: »
    I haven't heard that name in years!
    Very nice.
    So what was the difference between the 2CV and the DYANE?

Square lights, is all I can see.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Didihno wrote: »
    So what was the difference between the 2CV and the DYANE?
    jimmyw wrote: »
    Square lights, is all I can see.

The lights are round, but are recessed into the wing, the surrounds are squarish. Er, 2cv will know better, but I think:
    • sliding front windows instead of flap ups.
    • full hatchback, not always found on 2cvs
    • slightly more hp.

macplaxton wrote: »
    The lights are round, but are recessed into the wing, the surrounds are squarish. Er, 2cv will know better, but I think:
    • sliding front windows instead of flap ups.
    • full hatchback, not always found on 2cvs
    • slightly more hp.

In other words, cosmetic:p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroen_Dyane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

I'd forgotten that the Dyane actually looked ok, I'd be happy with either in good nick.:cool:

2CV design from 1939 (?), Dyane from the 70's on the same chassis

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Photo of my two minis in the sun today

imagentg.jpg

• Advertisement

Very 'South african' baby blue colour on the 1275GT, is it an import from there ?

Capri wrote: »
    Very 'South african' baby blue colour on the 1275GT, is it an import from there ?

Just a UK import as far as I know. Problem with the colour is that I've no colour code for it, so if anything ever happens a panel, it's a full body respray.

antodeco wrote: »
    Just a UK import as far as I know. Problem with the colour is that I've no colour code for it, so if anything ever happens a panel, it's a full body respray.

If it was South African, The chassis plate would say Leyland South Africa on it, or the window glass would have a 'SABS' logo on it

Vinny Byrne paint can make you up an aerosol touch up from paint colour cards, or you could go to Woodies and they'd make some household paint to match ( takes longer to dry tho' !!)

Vinny Byrnes is literally 2 minutes away from me. I have the chassis plates taken off, as there was a partial rebuild of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

If it was South African, The chassis plate would say Leyland South Africa on it, or the window glass would have a 'SABS' logo on it

)

2nixhsl.jpg

from my ZA car...not a Leylnad though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

My Motor.

Had been resprayed be the pervious owner...

TippVintage2012001.jpg

2012-05-25153243.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

antodeco wrote: »

Vinny Byrne and most good paint suppliers have a camera type thingy that can match paint up exactly if you don't have the code. ;)

Magnum wrote: »
    My Motor.

2012-05-25153243.jpg

You buy that recently? A 3L V6?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    You buy that recently? A 3L V6?

yeah , bought her a few months back, needs some work but hey it's a Ford:)

yeah , bought her a few months back, needs some work but hey it's a Ford:)

Was considering it myself but you got in there before me. Well wear! :)

78728044 wrote:
    QUOTE]

My Mkll 3.0 Ghia - had chrome strips , a '3.0' badge and 'CAPRI Ghia' on the bootlid. Yours has the original 3.0 Ghia wheels (the 2.0 Ghia had a different design of wheel)

About time you posted - more yanks please!

See that T/A, it's a burgundy colour, yeah? Can't be too many in that shade. Have seen it a few times at shows I think - did it have wire wheels when you had it?

My Mkll 3.0 Ghia - had chrome strips , a '3.0' badge and 'CAPRI Ghia' on the bootlid. Yours has the original 3.0 Ghia wheels (the 2.0 Ghia had a different design of wheel)

Same as this then,:) There was a set of superlites under her when I got her but they looked too big, so the guy that was selling her had the original wheels so I said yes please:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Vinny Byrne and most good paint suppliers have a camera type thingy that can match paint up exactly if you don't have the code. ;)

Yep, a Spectrophotometer.

My Motor.

Be careful of that serious accusation you are making there :P.

You could be open to litigation proceedings;)

• Advertisement

Lol, Just a quote from the last owner , original colour is still behind some of the panels
    :-):-)
    jimmyw wrote: »
    My Motor.

Be careful of that serious accusation you are making there :P.

You could be open to litigation proceedings;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

sdsdhw.th.jpg

vw3x.th.jpg

kadman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

The daily runner and the (very) 'slow burner' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭squonk

The Volvo is very nice! Always liked that model. Out of interest, are you missing a Volvo name badge from the left-hand bonnet front or was that only on models of certain years?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Is it just me or are Capri's looking better and better as time goes by?

I'd like to see Ford do a retro version like the mustang in the US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

squonk wrote: »
    The Volvo is very nice! Always liked that model. Out of interest, are you missing a Volvo name badge from the left-hand bonnet front or was that only on models of certain years?

Cheers squonk :)

She's not without the odd little issue here and there, but overall I'm happy enough with it. You're right, the Volvo badge is indeed missing. I got the car in '01 but the front bumper and that plastic panel the badge should be on had been repainted. I'm guessing the repaint was due to stone chips, as there's no sign of any damage at the front :cool:

I have a badge but I decided to just leave it off. They're a hoor to clean when the green gunk grows on 'em!

Ye don't miss anything on here it has to be said :pac:

Finally found the 'lost' archives of my misspent 'youth' -

Tam.jpg

Trans Am 6.6

ShelbyCapri3000XLR-1.jpg

Shelby Mustang and first Capri, a 3000GT XLR with Weller 7x13 ('color coded' by mise) wheels

Shelby.jpg

Shelby, an 'ordinary Trans Am 87(?), and a Camaro from Venezuela ( brought back by returning Irishman)

600DNI.jpg

Capri 3.0Ghia before and after respray with Aussie style plates, Capri 3.0S, as bought crashed and after repair, with US-spec Fiesta 1600L and Ford Country Squire squeezed into garage !

Caprimaxxd.jpg

Capri maxxed out on the Autobahn, and after respray. LandCruiser before respray (then sold as was ! )

FurySnow.jpg

Aussie Ford LTD,Datsun 280Z (US), Bluebird, 2CV 'army snowplough' on the Malahide Rd at Clarehall (82?),Plymouth Gran Fury wagon

Japs.jpg

Cream Cracker selection - 260Z 2+2 (donor for 280Z), Datsun Pickup with Ford V6 !!, Celica notchback before and after 'Capri's touch' :P ( all those bought in Grove lane 'Car sales' :cool:
    Mazda 323 Turbo-Intercooler 4x4 Jap import entering Kerry County :D Great on wet cobblestones !

R4 P<T van was bought at the P<T auctions - great for free parking around town then !!!

Fantastic pics Capri! :)

I would say you're real sorry you ever sold that Shelby dude. :(

At the time lived near Darndale, '24hr Le Darndale' racetrack :(
    so 'keeping' it would have been a gamble considering they got my Rover SD1 a few times.

Better to double me money in a year than risk losing the lot. Drove it to London one time with me Ma, 'wandered ' a bit on the M1 :eek:, not made for European road speeds .

Chap came over from UK to buy it with a suitcase full of £20's :cool::cool:, drove him to the ferry and bummed a life home from the salesman who sold me a lot of the Capris.

'Better to have owned and enjoyed for a short time than never to have owned at all ' ??:cool:

• Advertisement

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Is it just me or are Capri's looking better and better as time goes by?

I'd like to see Ford do a retro version like the mustang in the US.

Q. Would YOU buy it if Ford produced it at say €35k? :eek:

Hard fact - Probably not unless you won the lotto ? Ford will only produce if they can be sure of selling thousands - look at the last 'Capri' they produced, a failure, and the Probe, another failure. Ford in the US produced a lemon of a Ranger pick-up, not the model we get here, but a 1980's design - they just can't grasp what sells so there's little hope of them redoing the Capri again. Most of the 'retro' cars - Beetle, Mini, etc are overpriced compared with the originals.

Now my take on this would be to buy a cleanish pre-82 model, 'modernise' it with LED lighting (easy as the lights are mostly oblong units), 7x15" correct offset wheels/tyres, rear discs, - you've beaten the tax system and got a car to enjoy

Here's one that was mentioned here before - http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/3439087 . Few things I change, the 'S' rear spoiler ( tho it'd leave holes in the boot) , the '3000 V6' side badges, and put a chrome strip round the waist ( tho the original Ford Chrome/rubber insert one isn't available )

This is what a Ghia should look like - tho the 'S' front spoiler isn't correct on this one.
    http://www.runboard.com/bpostwarclassics.f2.t5393

You can see I maxxed mine on the Autobahn a few times :cool:

Advertisement