Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 buttsoirl

Cheers all.. Sometimes I do have to sneak Out an peek at it cause I can't believe it's really in the garage... Been waiting such a long time..... But every Xmas come at once :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Tiger72

buttsoirl wrote: »
    After 10 years of wanting.. drooling.. .searching.. hoping.. waiting... dreaming.... and many other words..

I finally bought one... and she is perfect!! 1967 Ford mustang fastback..

california car.. not a patch of rust, engine rebuilt before export.. 55k miles.. few small cosmetic items to attend to... but she is sweet
    as a nut..

photo.JPG
    Nice car - no VRT or duty to pay ? Where did you come across it ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

california car...

Once upon a time. UK reg number since Aug 2010.

200 bucks VRT is your answer Tiger72.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Tiger72

macplaxton wrote: »
    Once upon a time. UK reg number since Aug 2010.

200 bucks VRT is your answer Tiger72.
    Nice one .... you see i have a '93 Delta Integrale on English plates that would cost about 7000 bucks to VRT .... hence im never going to pay it -> it can stay in the shed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Tiger72 wrote: »
    Nice one .... you see i have a '93 Delta Integrale on English plates that would cost about 7000 bucks to VRT .... hence im never going to pay it -> it can stay in the shed ...

Like a lot of others in this country ;);)

Revenue shooting themselves in ther foot as usual - put a fair tax on things and people will pay but overtax things and people will just tell Revenue to shove it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Tiger72 wrote: »
    All great, but how you can drive it? Not sure if it is legal to drive it on UK number plates.

Checked with my insurance company at the time, no issue about the plates... And I also have a uk license. ... Best 50 quid I ever spent :-)
    Already got pulled by customs... Not a word said...except.. "mind if I take a picture of your car... I love mustangs"
    Haha I did laugh..

she is fairly clean on the inside for a 46 odd year old car.... paint work has 1 or two blisters and cracks in places.. but its not a car bought for profit or
    sale.. so I will get to them at some stage
    the electrics do the occasional odd thing, but I love doing the wee jobs.

IMG_5870.jpg
    IMG_5868.jpgIMG_5877.jpg
    IMG_5869.jpg
    IMG_5875.jpg

the lad I bought it from in the UK did this video up for me to give me a look before I went over to buy it which shows a little around the car, and the V8 rumbling... what a wonderful sound

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Want. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Now that's some machine buttsoirl, lovely sound.
    How are you fixed for tax and insurance? Any issues?

You need to get an 8-track into that mother! :p

• Advertisement

well tax if I ever get around to paying it, it's 48 quid I believe.. and I am insured with carol nash.. 200 euro fully comp annually.
    its my first classic car.. so was delighted with that price..

ha ha.. yeah an old 8 track with Hendrix playing is the order of the day... :D:D

it was a company called "The kent car collection" that brought this car in from California.. 900 (pounds) shipping to UK
    They have a lot of really nice cars....
    I think the original spec GTA fastback and the 68 convertible in this list are lovely..

http://www.kentcarcollection.com/search.php?c=8&s=12&search_country=&search_state=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&search_city=&search_Year=&address=

and for anybody who loves restoration..A DeLorean!!! for 9,500 GBP
    http://www.kentcarcollection.com/info.php?id=1078

rYthuzy.png

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

Hummmmmm

I was thinking I seen that before

http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1981-dmc-delorean--c-1539.htm

now that is a healthy markup.... I bet he doesn't shop in lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

now that is a healthy markup.... I bet he doesn't shop in lidl

Done Dealin on an global scale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

One thing that always bugged me about DeLorean's was the speedo, I remember when I was a chap me and my friends used to argue about how fast each others Father's cars were purely by what was indicated on the speedo.
    I have a 1.3 from 1970 with 120 mph in the speedo ffs surely DeLorean could manage a little more than 85.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

well tax if I ever get around to paying it, it's 48 quid I believe

Motor tax was €48 a couple of years ago. Had two increases since, to €52 (Jan 2012) and now €56 (Jan 2013).

why oh why am I not surprised they put the tax up.... cheers for the update ..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Enjoy, buttsoirl. Sounds amazing.
    My next car choice is going to be based on, amongst other things, having a great score. :)

kev1.3s wrote: »
    One thing that always bugged me about DeLorean's was the speedo, I remember when I was a chap me and my friends used to argue about how fast each others Father's cars were purely by what was indicated on the speedo.
    I have a 1.3 from 1970 with 120 mph in the speedo ffs surely DeLorean could manage a little more than 85.

That 85mph was a Federal law designed to stop people speeding - 'if the speedo only shows 85max then nobody will bother trying to 'max it out' ' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It was set up like that to stop you getting up to 88mph and travelling in time!

</obvious answer>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Capri wrote: »

That 85mph was a Federal law designed to stop people speeding - 'if the speedo only shows 85max then nobody will bother trying to 'max it out' ' :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    You'll always try to max it out

kev1.3s wrote: »
    You'll always try to max it out

But IF the speedo won't show above 85mph then how'd you know how quick you were going :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

I should have this home in a few weeks :D

82A7E6D2-20B2-41C6-B527-067884ED26EC-6858-000005F74CF24062_zps62aec8e5.jpg

F6B1B39B-B3C8-489B-84ED-3B92EF30FD1B-6858-000005F76E7C3B36_zpsa8faf301.jpg

D2505ED1-6936-4352-A66D-08F75327C02E-6858-000005F7BD60CC41_zpsa05c9789.jpg

Nice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

tasty :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Very nice Audi (80?)
    Dont recall ever seeing a hatchback version in Ireland in the 80's?

Best of luck with it....looks very well maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

Silvera wrote: »
    Very nice Audi (80?)
    Dont recall ever seeing a hatchback version in Ireland in the 80's?

Best of luck with it....looks very well maintained.

It's a 1979 Audi 100 Avant CD 5E. 1 owner and only 20,000 miles, thought to be the only surviving one in the UK or Ireland.

quattro777 wrote: »
    It's a 1979 Audi 100 Avant CD 5E. 1 owner and only 20,000 miles, thought to be the only surviving one in the UK or Ireland.

Shape similar to Renault 20/25 :confused: , but GERMAN engineering ! :):)

Always liked the 100CD /200Turbo :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

quattro777 wrote: »
    I should have this home in a few weeks :D

F6B1B39B-B3C8-489B-84ED-3B92EF30FD1B-6858-000005F76E7C3B36_zpsa8faf301.jpg

CLASSic car. It was way ahead of it's time back in 79.

Advertisement