Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭jonathan11

golf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

My '71 MkIV Spitfire, as she looked about 6 weeks back; a bit tired, knackered, not very loved, slightly abused and frankly; depressed :(

ztcabq.jpg

9lafk4.jpg

Here she is now! She's had a lot of work, complete rear end removed and replaced (essentially the car was split in two!) I have two Spits so I'm using the best of both! She's braced and up on a rotisserie so can be spun around 360 and worked at from all angles. :pac:

New (home made) inner and mid sill put in at the weekend on passenger side, door lines up perfect and door is solid and closing grand! Onto the Driver side now.....

w8ow3q.jpg

1416usw.jpg

My pile of parts to pick and scavage from!! :D Theres a brand new boot floor, rear valance and rear light panel in there to be used yet!!

20pdi6w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Hard to tell the donor from the reciever

dharn wrote: »
    Hard to tell the donor from the reciever

Its quite easy, obviously the donor has a little more rust than the reciever! :pac:

Its quite easy, obviously the donor has a little more rust than the reciever! :pac:

A little more:o the softop in the first pic did not look too bad, is that the donor ? The hard top car valance looks very rusty, but fair play to you, love to do something like you are doing

• Advertisement

dharn wrote: »
    A little more:o the softop in the first pic did not look too bad, is that the donor ? The hard top car valance looks very rusty, but fair play to you, love to do something like you are doing

Aha, but that's the thing, it didn't look too bad, well, not from that angle anyway. The floorpans were rotten, there was new sills fitted (outer, mid and inner) but they were fitted poorly and with little floorpan left to secure them too. There was half an ich thick of filler on it in places, particularly over the rear wheel arches; on top of old repairs; in fact, there was a lot of filler hiding a lot of bodged and dodgy repair work.

I bought two Spits and am combining the best of both, as well as making some of my own parts to make a decent Spitfire that'll have all the correct work done, will be rust proofed and finished correctly. As it is, on the jig now, it does look rusty, but, its only light surface rust, if you had of seen that car a number of weeks back when it was split in two! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Excellent stuff, and good luck with the build. Are you going to put a thread up in the projects section.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So I finally got my dent fixed (again) after a neighbour did a hit and run on me. This dent was put in my wing only six months after the previous incident in the exact same place on the car.

Pre-fix:

5jRLVP.jpg

Post-fix

6P4n8V.jpg

7h6DNV.jpg

I swear if another neighbour hits my car... I will find them... and I will kill them. Also, must get some more of that tyre paint it looks great!

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Excellent stuff, and good luck with the build. Are you going to put a thread up in the projects section.

I might do at some stage yeah. I've been keeping a regular update of the progress on the Triumph Spitfire page on FB, but, the thought of having to resize images, upload them and then link them on here isnt appealing to me right now, but, I'll get around to it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Saabturbonut

soon to be on a set of incas , needs a slave cylinder , unrestored with minor rust

10245345_10152324724737279_1712187293565158409_n_zps1175b238.jpg
    10154385_10152280880027279_3525340878263359141_n_zpsbccecddf.jpg

• Advertisement

I might do at some stage yeah. I've been keeping a regular update of the progress on the Triumph Spitfire page on FB, but, the thought of having to resize images, upload them and then link them on here isnt appealing to me right now, but, I'll get around to it ;)

I used to upload them on photo bucket and then just link to it from here but then tired of it. I'd like to see some progress tho.

I used to upload them on photo bucket and then just link to it from here but then tired of it. I'd like to see some progress tho.

Just because you seem so eager, I started a thread :D Gonna take me a while to get up to speed, so be patient :pac:

Just because you seem so eager, I started a thread :D Gonna take me a while to get up to speed, so be patient :pac:

Proper job, no half measures now!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

My 131 racing
    20140425_103130_zps0198f456.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Top Dog

We need more pics of that! Looks immaculate! :cool:

20140418_135520_zps81c2b526.jpg

20140228_173630_zps8ffff2bc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Two of my fathers at Cars and coffee this month. One of the rare occasions the Midget comes out, and for it's 50th!

10177449_716101628429216_5174162243484632933_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I love that GT6 anytime I see it about.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Do come over if you see me in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

14244938863_fb73a777f5_z.jpg
    14038146600_c2988b599d_z.jpg
    14201622876_b0ded52709_z.jpg
    14038103929_27004d3ed3_z.jpg
    Landed home with this this evening. Nice little solid car, 1977 on ZV plates. The story with it is; the engine had packed in two years ago, and the owner left it in with a mechanic for a rebuild, but the mechanic sold the engine and gearbox and went AWOL. It has sat in the owners garden for the last 18 months. To my surprise its completely solid. Not a spec of rust to be found underneath. The roof is new also apparently, which I would believe considering it didn't let a drop of water into the interior this evening. And the interior was bone dry when I viewed it. It just needs an engine and 'box and its ready to go. The interior could probably do with a tidy up as its a bit scruffy. Plans are to fit a 1275 engine. If anyone knows of one, or a 1500 engine, I'd greatly appreciate some help. After a bit of work it will eventually be my daily driver.

Body looks amazing dont bring it to that mechanic

Nice. That'll be a great car when you're through. :)

14228228572_fd4414f113_z.jpg
    Just back from buying this. Donor car for the MG, I just need the engine and box. There are loads of good parts if anyone here knows anyone looking for parts. 1 owner from new with 40k miles, not been on the road in 23 years.

Nice little classic, and interesting to see it's pre 1990 ;)

Nice little classic, and interesting to see it's pre 1990 ;)

Don't worry, I still have a few 90s classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Nice. I like them in white.

Looks very tidy!

I assume it's an NA with Turbo wheels? 1984 - has she seen an NCT yet?

Any interior shots? I hope you intend to drive her as there's NONE on the roads despite all the owners here on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Kaiser D wrote: »
    14244938863_fb73a777f5_z.jpg
    14038146600_c2988b599d_z.jpg
    14201622876_b0ded52709_z.jpg

Landed home with this this evening. Nice little solid car, 1977 on ZV plates.

I had a '77 a while back and removed the rubber bumpers as well. A huge weight savings.

Front indicators can be positioned in those holes and it is possible to fit a grill once you get rid of those two nasty brackets for the rubber bumpers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I had a '77 a while back and removed the rubber bumpers as well. A huge weight savings.

Front indicators can be positioned in those holes and it is possible to fit a grill once you get rid of those two nasty brackets for the rubber bumpers.

' huge weight savings', but would the suspension not rise up due to the weight savings :confused: Wonder are there different springs for the Fed-bumper model :confused:

Advertisement