Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your classic car;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

35482050912_b3f15ffe46_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭w124man

Lovely cars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

quattro777 wrote: »
    35482050912_b3f15ffe46_b.jpg

Ro80, one word....cool. Please tell me it's still using its rotary. I know of one that was re-engined with the dreaded 1.7 ford V4 that was used briefly in the Corsair and various Vans, possibly one of Henry's worst engines( after the oversquare 1340cc disaster that was in the Capri).

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

It has the rotary :)

I have another which was fitted with the V4, what a dog of an engine... It will be going into the skip as I have an original engine for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

quattro777 wrote: »
    It has the rotary :)

I have another which was fitted with the V4, what a dog of an engine... It will be going into the skip as I have an original engine for it.

Shocking treatment of an innocent skip...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

GavFitz wrote: »
    Its amazing what sits in peoples sheds! I have two Mi16 engines sitting there years too gathering dust!

I really only want the engine for the standard bits and pieces, mine has fancy K-Tec stuff, which Im sure is fine, just not my thing!

I sold my old r5.turbo to a guy called Emmett in ardee a few years ago,sold him a spare shell and engine box s,interiors to make 3 cars.
    I don't have his surname or numbers but its a small county esp when it comes to cool old cars so someone should know him, he was working in a Citroen,Mitsubishi main dealer in ardee

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rocoma

This is mine, 01 CLK Convertible, just turned 70,000 miles today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GavFitz

davycc wrote: »
    I sold my old r5.turbo to a guy called Emmett in ardee a few years ago,sold him a spare shell and engine box s,interiors to make 3 cars.
    I don't have his surname or numbers but its a small county esp when it comes to cool old cars so someone should know him, he was working in a Citroen,Mitsubishi main dealer in ardee

Thanks for the info, I'll try find out some details from that. You never know what might turn up.

Anyone got any leads on an AX GT for sale? I know I know, but I'm on the hunt for one of them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Thanks for the info, I'll try find out some details from that. You never know what might turn up.

Anyone got any leads on an AX GT for sale? I know I know, but I'm on the hunt for one of them too!

Keep an eye on carandclassic.co.uk, all sorts of unusual cars regularly appear on that site. Perhaps a performance car or citroen forum would also be worth checking out too.

There was a 5dr ax gt in a garden beside the Artane roundabout for years I'll double check next time I pass it on the malahide rd heading into Dublin city,

• Advertisement

There was a 5dr ax gt in a garden beside the Artane roundabout for years I'll double check next time I pass it on the malahide rd heading into Dublin city,

I know the one, chap who owned it was a mechanic from the area, haven't seen it in a long time!

Thanks for the heads up though!

There is gorgeous red 11 turbo on donedeal for 2k if you interested in a similar theme
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/renault-11-turbo/15952687

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Man I remember the sound of that engine. When it was working. :D That would be a very nice classic for someone and at little enough money too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

There is gorgeous red 11 turbo on donedeal for 2k if you interested in a similar theme
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/renault-11-turbo/15952687

That's owned by a chap called Turbo Ted, well known for Renaults, nice fella and I'd say if he owns it its got to be fairly good!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Always wanted a R5 Turbo but I couldn't find one in Ireland and most of the UK ones were destroyed by Chavs :(

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/renault-11-turbo/15952687. Indulge yourself its as cheap as they will ever be! Reputable seller too .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

A few of my new steed after a wash and polish:
    20170715_131257.jpg
    20170715_131319.jpg
    20170715_131417.jpg
    20170715_131402.jpg
    20170715_131331.jpg
    20170715_131348.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Carlos Sainz #2579

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

PauloMN wrote: »
    A few of my new steed after a wash and polish:

Those 2.7l low-rpm engines were so underrated. Amazing torque. Nice bus.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭conor2469

My current daily, Peugeot 205 XS:

24549117177_b66ef5b7f1_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

rocoma wrote: »

Nice car, not really a classic is it though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Neilw wrote: »
    Nice car, not really a classic is it though?
    No, it is an Elegance model or at least that's what is on the badges ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Seweryn wrote: »
    No, it is an Elegance model or at least that's what is on the badges ;).

We will have to change the title of the thread so, "post a pic of your elegant car" ;)

Its a long way before its a classic !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rocoma

w124man wrote: »

Everyone entitled to their opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

w124man wrote: »

3 years. Not that long, in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,900 ✭✭✭✭elperello

3 years. Not that long, in all fairness.

In three years it will be a Youngtimer!

(lovely car all the same)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

If it continues to be that well cared for it will be a classic someday. :)

Only thing I dislike is Merc interiors of this era. I particularly hate colour-coded steering wheels. Steering wheels should be black, or - if the car is old enough - wood.

Everyone entitled to their opinion!

Indeed, and as others have said, its got a few years to go before it qualifies.

Up on Done Deal I see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

elperello wrote: »
    In three years it will be a Youngtimer!

(lovely car all the same)

No, it'll be a classic alright.

Advertisement